Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261017 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Signups Underway!
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »

We're on Cyanide, legendary edition. My apologies for not mentioning that anywhere.

If you can play, that's great -- I'll mark you down for goblins. If you can't, that's fine and thank you for offering at least.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:45:31 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22:13 am »

I'll try and catch up with my mate. If I can grab his copy (I don't think he plays a hell of a lot these days) or buy a cheap copy soon, then I'd be happy to grab a few games. Not promising though, haven't seen my mate in a while and dollars are short due to house-moving.

How big of a thing would it be to get bay12 onto fumbll for future seasons? It's free. Is there a DF or LCS player that doesn't like those words?

I mean, fumbbl has graphics and everything.............. And dwarves. But no magma. But it has nice people. But no proper ball&chains. But it has chainsaws. Not sprinkled with Cyanide.

That sounds good.

But the Nuffle is cursed.

/Simpson's paraphrase.
It's a game. Have fun.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2012, 12:51:29 am »

A Bay12 league on Fumbbl has been brought up before, however there has been a lack of anyone willing to actually organize it.

As such, there will remain no Fumbbl tournament until someone steps forward -- I am not that person, but if you are, then by all means go ahead and good luck. I'm sure some of us will be happy to play in both.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2012, 01:34:06 am »

Good call. I don't actually feel the need (or the wish to) do it there. Fumbbl is already somewhat like the bay12 community, just playing bloodbowl. Pretty much any league, or ranked, or b.box game is pretty cool. Maybe one day I'll jump into a bay12 league there, but it's all good anyway.

No magma deathtraps, but still pretty awesome. Deathrollers anyway. Plus, dwarves really do own. Just, not really. They teach.

Considering I'm a goblin/lizzy/orc/elf player.... I'll just shutup till I grab a cheap copy of cyanide legendary.
It's a game. Have fun.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2012, 07:45:32 am »

Just a small heads up to everyone, I'm currently suffering with some internet troubles. I hope to be able to iron them out quickly, so there's no problems. Might be a slight delay of a couple of days, but I hope not. I have seemingly fixed my internet issues. No guarantee, but it seems to be working so we can move forward.

Might as well start getting everyone in the league, and planning on going ahead with 8 players. Did we want two groups, one, or one with double round robin? That would be 6, 7, and 14 games respectively. I'm currently leaning towards one group, single round robin myself... but I'll go with what a majority of us want.

I've renamed the league to simply "Bay12 League" (dropping the S4 part) and changing the password to "Bay12", since that makes sense. If you are using the same team that you used in S5, your team is already enrolled in the league and ready to go. If you're using a new team, please sign up to the aforementioned "Bay12 League" with the password "Bay12".

If you're planning on making a new team, consider visiting BBtactics and read up about suggested starting rosters. You don't have to copy one directly, but it might give you an idea of what you should be taking if you're not entirely sure yourself. The website also has some good stuff on things beyond team creation, so take a look!

Also, sign ups continue pretty much until the season starts, so if anyone else wants to play, feel free to chime in and sign up.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:06:29 pm by Kanil »

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2012, 06:20:02 pm »

I think with the current number of players, one group would work the best. Double round robin would just end up taking too long.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2012, 06:30:43 pm »

My friend has sold on his copy of Cyanide BB, so I'm afraid I'll have to be out :(

Sorry if this stuffs up the league. I was really looking forward to using every excuse I could for my dismal failure to win, but instead I'll have to use an excuse for my dismal failure to even start.

Maybe next league.
It's a game. Have fun.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2012, 06:45:34 pm »

Certainly. Thank you for the offer, at least.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »

Probably most of the people in the league and on this thread have purchased the game. But if someone is reading that is considering buying it, it is on sale right now at Amazon.

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition is 75% off at $9.99.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2012, 09:56:37 am »

Might as well start getting everyone in the league, and planning on going ahead with 8 players. Did we want two groups, one, or one with double round robin? That would be 6, 7, and 14 games respectively. I'm currently leaning towards one group, single round robin myself... but I'll go with what a majority of us want.
I have a vague dislike of playing a given team only once in a season, so I suppose I prefer 14, 6, and 7, in that order, assuming 8 teams.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2012, 05:42:53 pm »

I didn't really like competing with just 3 other players to make the post season, it was rather... odd. One group with double round robin would be pretty nice, but a very long season. That's nice in some way, more time between signups-of-doom... but also results in more meaningless games for players who are eliminated from contention late in the season. One way around that would be to have all 8 teams make the playoffs and just have the regular season for seeding, but that rather makes the regular season games almost irrelevant.

As for the aforementioned "signups-of-doom", that's about where we're at now. Cyanide requires all players have an opponent every week, so leagues need an even number of players to begin... and we don't have an even number of players.

I thank you all for your patience, but I'm afraid I'm not sure what to do now.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2012, 08:11:11 pm »

I apologize for the double post, but I bring news!

Monk12 has signed up his team to the league, bringing our total to 7. Given that we're required to have an even number of players, I have decided that I'll bring a second team into the league, and simply award WO victories to all of it's opponents, effectively letting us start with just 7 players. While obviously not ideal, I feel it is preferable to waiting for a 8th player to show up and be interested in playing.

As such, the season will be starting soon. Given the dummy team, it's not fair to have two groups, so our format will be one group, double round robin. This is a total of 14 games, 12 discounting the two WOs. This is longer than S4, but only slightly longer than S3. If you have any concerns, either about the dummy team or the length/format of the tournament, please let me know. If everyone's more or less okay with it, then I'll start the season in about 24 hours.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2012, 10:05:40 pm »

Personally, I'm not too keen on starting with a dummy team, since it means that, before we suffer the attrition that normally comes with a full season, we're each going to have bye weeks. I can poke non-Bay-12 people tonight to see if I can drum up support...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2012, 01:10:20 am »

I agree that it's certainly undesirable, but I feel it's a better option than waiting another three weeks for someone to show up (or for someone to quit and we go with 6. I fear, the more likely outcome.)

Hopefully someone will show up, and I thank you for your recruitment efforts.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2012, 06:30:31 am »

i'm all for waiting a week for another player, or the least committed of the 7 there is to drop out.

i say, set a deadline, so we all know when to check the thread.

also, keep posting, we won't get new players if this thread is all the way down on page 3+
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 149