Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261194 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 9
« Reply #585 on: February 05, 2013, 09:24:57 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Manner Pylon

Manner gets one A5 Gutter Runner and a merc for this match. Khorne elects to kick off, and pulls its wings mostly back from the front lines.

M1: A heat wave hits the pitch. The thrower picks up the kickoff and tosses it to the A5 Gutter Runner, who runs most of the way to the goal. Two warriors are stunned on the line.

K1: The rat ogre is injured by the minotaur. New Guy dodges around one gutter runner to blitz the ball carrier, knocking him over and picking up the ball. TAB runs over to provide support.

M2: Shockingly, a gutter runner fails a dodge.

K2: New Guy hands off to TAB, who runs forward and tries a pass to a free warrior on the end of the line, who fails the catch.

M3: A beastman gets knocked out. An attempt to pick up the ball sends it into the hands of a warrior.

K3: The warrior rumbles the ball downfield with support.

M4: A lineman fails a dodge.

K4: The warrior continues downfield. A lineman is knocked out to a foul, which gets a beastman ejected.

M5: Some blocks.

K5: The warrior runs in the score.

M6: In the heat, Khorne manages to field 8 players to MP's 9. The thrower gets under the high kick, but fails to catch it. A horny gutter runner knocks down the wing on one side, and runs forward to get beside the deep safety. A gutter runner runs the ball most of the way downfield.

K6: A beastman knocks over the ball carrier, picks up the ball, but falls over as he runs it forward.

M7: A gutter runner picks up the ball and tosses it to a gutter runner for the score.

K7: Khorne has 10 plays this time around to MP's 7. A rock from the stands stuns New Guy. TAB runs the ball forward. Two beastman and a lineman run as far as they can go into the MP backfield.

M8: The four deep safeties get into position. One of the beastmen goes down.

K8: One beastman gets freed up. TAB hands him the ball. He blitzes down the gutter runner in front of him and runs in the score.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 1 Manner Pylon

K9: The teams are at nine players each to start the half. The weather finally returns to normal. TAB picks up the kick. A warrior kills a lineman. The minotaur knocks out another. The rest of the team runs forward.

M9: A storm vermin tries to kill a rookie beastman, but the apoc fixes him up.

K10: TAB runs forward and tosses the ball to a dodgy warrior, who runs it forward to the Khorne wall.

M10: The Skaven team surrounds the Khorne wall.

K11: The minotaur knocks out a storm vermin. The wall doesn't move, but several Skaven get pushed off it, clearing the ball carrier.

M11: The minotaur's tentacles do their job. The ball carrier gets pushed back a space.

K12: The blob (no longer a wall) gets close to the goal line, knocking out a skaven or two on the way.

M12: The minotaur's tentacles work again. A warrior gets knocked out.

K13: The warrior runs in the score.

M13: Khorne is back to a full 11 players, while the Skaven can only field 7. The thrower picks up the kickoff and passes it to a gutter runner, who hands it to a gutter runner. A third tries to blitz down a warrior, but falls over, instead.

K14: The minotaur pees himself instead of blitzing the ball carrier. New Guy tries to foul the downed gutter runner closest to the end zone.

M14: The gutter runner stands up, makes impressive dodges, and catches the ball the gutter runner throws to him.

K15: TAB picks up the kickoff and tosses it to New Guy, who is beside the minotaur at centerfield. New Guy runs forward with a warrior blocker.

M15: A gutter runner falls over trying to make a block.

K16: New Guy runs in the score.

M16: Some blocks.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 4 - 2 Manner Pylon

Thoughts: Jartol had little luck on his side this time around. Getting his rat ogre out early meant there was nobody left to compete on the line, and the potions did not treat him as well as in the past. Combine that with his recent spate of injuries, and rookie gutter runners that don't have the full suite of skills, and it was tougher for him to get his offense going. Despite that, he still managed a couple of solid scoring drives, underscoring that skaven are *always* dangerous.

I had solid luck in what feels like the first time in a long time. Not many 2-die blocks that came up double-skull, and an impressive number of clean blocks against players with dodge.

Also, let me note here, so that I never, ever forget: a tentacled minotaur is totally worth it.

UPDATE: BOXCARS! NATAB WILL RISE AGAIN!!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:33:10 pm by ndkid »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 06, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »

Chaos Dwarves defeat Regular Dwarves 1-0.

I'll let Ank elaberate if he likes, but here's the short of it: I get 90k, spend it on an AG potion that doesn't work and a Bloodwiser Babe who was never needed.

Kickoff to me, and we start with a perfect defense (never a good sign.) But despite this, with an early CAS, by turn 3 my ballcarrier AG 3 centaur needs only a single dodge to score. Even with a reroll, he fails. The rest of the half is spent bashing. Finally at turn 8, I manage to get the ball, and it's a difficult (but certainly not impossible) throw to score. Ball is intercepted.

Second half sees the Dwarves field their tank (if I'd made that pass it would've only had a single turn to play, alas.) The Dwarf St 4 trollslayer is fouled out by ditry player hobgoblin. Bashing, bashing, finally the ball comes free. AG 3 centaur picks up the ball, tries to throw it upfield... 1, rerolls to 1 (this would be the way of all my agility rolls all game.)

In the end, we just pick up the ball and walk it to the goal line. The dwarves get one last chance to stop me: 2 GFIs and a -2d block. They make the GFIs, but get a skull. TD, Chaos Dwarves win!

Good Game Ank!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 10, 2013, 12:16:14 pm »

Burnt Pies and I played our game, 2-1 in favor of the vampires. I had a near perfect second half, with almost no failed rolls, and it's hard to lose when you roll that well. I even out-bashed the orcs, which just never happens. That's how good my dice were.

Last game of the week is Charmander/Monk. How's that going, you two?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:17:53 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 10, 2013, 12:30:30 pm »

Highlights of the game included an A3 orc with dodge failing no less than three dodges in a row, thrown rocks KO'ing a vampire who had only just recovered from being KO'd, Morru the Blitzer nearly getting himself killed on a tackle, closely followed by my Wizard nearly killing a Vampire, and Stonerot the Troll making a last ditch effort to stop the S5 thrall by hurling Snotmug the Goblin at him. Unfortunately, Stonerot missed, and Snotmug headshotted a Vampire instead, KO'ing the vampire but merely dazing the Goblin.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2013, 12:28:53 pm »

Monk's Marauders 3 - 1 Sahagin Stormers

Not much to tell- Stormers received and scored in two turns, then the Humans ground down the field and inflicted 4 CAS and a couple KOs on their way to the tying score. Lizards didn't have the strength to do much in the second half- too much Guard in their way. Dagg won MVP for winning the Battle of the Big Guys (not that either the Krox or the Ogre did much) and Seneschal Sigric the Blitzer hit 53 SPP for his next level, maintaining his position as the team's most experienced player. Maybe not for long, as Grant Valdred picked up Frenzy last level and used it to break armor at least three times.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 12, 2013, 12:35:09 pm »

Crippling bad luck does not make up for having muscle. Sauruses spent a lot of time unconscious, despite AV9. Everyone kept tripping on the slightest astrogranite imperfection.

At one point I had two skinks on field because the rest were unconscious.

I suppose the moral is: Nuffle exists only to fuck you over. Except when he offers the slightest glimmer with a two-turn touchdown before smacking you back to the gloomy depths of the bottom of the table.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 12, 2013, 12:39:20 pm »

Yeah, those GFIs were weird, especially since half of them had a RR to back them up.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 10
« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2013, 05:30:56 pm »

Matchups for week 10:
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs Kanil - Self Inflicted
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
Jartol - Manner Pylon vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads

15 points remaining, enough for anyone to still finish first overall.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 15, 2013, 04:04:42 pm »

Charmander and I played our game. I also see a result from Monk and AlStar -- I take it this game was played and the result and the result can be confirmed? There wasn't an issue, was there?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:53 pm »

Only if rather lopsided dice rolls can be considered an issue, and since they were in my favor I'm certainly not complaining :P Sorry for not popping in earlier, I've been dating pigeons.

Spoiler: Game Summary (click to show/hide)

Two weeks in a row my opponent can't succeed on any GFIs! A much closer game than the score would indicate- I think Alstar got a little risky with his playcalling since he had all those rerolls available, and it burned him on the pass and then the GFI that could've tied this game, or made it a Dementia win. Particularly when I'm doing all those things without needing any of the rerolls I didn't have, in addition to getting good blocks in and enjoying some very sturdy armor rolls.

I'm quite interested to see how the Orc/Skaven game plays out, since I'm in position to capture the #2 seed- for this week, anyway. Could be a very interesting playoff chase to end the season. And Kanil, you're not fooling anyone- you've got the first seed all locked up with four weeks to play yet :P

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 16, 2013, 11:36:59 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Bay12 Breakers

The Breakers invest their money in a bunch of worthless potions and a bribe of the ref. The Breakers elect to receive the kickoff. Pouring rain promises to make things interesting.

B1: Khorne lines up in FFB. The dwarves pull two runners back to receive the kick, and put the deathroller in the middle, which promptly knocks over the minotaur. Two warriors and a beastman also go down. A runner picks up the ball and gets it behind the dwarven line.

K1: The minotaur stands up and knocks over the deathroller. Several other dwarves go down.

B2: Two beastmen get knocked down.

K2: Four dwarves go down, and the minotaur gets beside the ball-carrier.

B3: The minotaur and a beastman go down. The foul mighty warrior gets injured, but Khorne's apoc gets him back up. The runner comes back toward the middle of the field. A dwarf falls over dodging.

K3: Five dwarves get knocked over.

B4: TAB gets killed, upgrading New Guy to the position of New TAB. (TAB Clear? TAB Xtra?)

K4: With 9 men on the field, good blocks are getting sparse for Khorne. Speedy gets beside the ball carrier, as does Fritz. Several dwarves go down.

B5: Three beastmen get knocked down, including both beside the ball carrier.

K5: Speedy breaks the ball carrier's ankle, but it gets fixed to just missing the next game. The ball falls into the hands of the other runner. A couple of other dwarves go down.

B6: A warrior and a beastman go down.

K6: New TAB knocks over the runner and takes the ball downfield. Fritz falls over making a block.

B7: The minotaur, a warrior, and two beastmen go down.

K7: New TAB knocks over the runner beside him and runs in the score.

B8: Three warriors, the minotaur, and a beastman go down.

K8: A couple of dwarves go down.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Bay12 Breakers

K9: New TAB goes back to receive. The deathroller doesn't make it onto the field. The rain turns to snow. It's going to be a wild ride! New TAB picks up the ball and runs it forward. Five dwarves on the line go down, with a couple being stunned. Fritz runs downfield. A beastman falls over making a block.

B9: The minotaur, three warriors, and a beastman get knocked down.

K10: New TAB runs forward to hand the ball off to Fritz, who fails to catch it.

B10: New TAB gets knocked off the pitch. Dwarves surround the ball. Several more Khorne players fall over.

K11: Most of the team stands up. The minotaur stands up, blitzes, and double skulls.

B11: Four players go down, two stunned. The ball slowly starts to move forward in the hands of a blitzer.

K12: The team stands up and begins to run into their own backfield.

B12: The blitzer continues downfield with his friends.

K13: Speedy knocks over the blitzer, bouncing the ball into the hands of a blocker. A couple of other dwarves go down, and a few more Khorne players pull back.

B13: The minotaur, two warriors, and a beastman go down.

K14: The ball-carrier gets knocked over. The ball bounces around. A couple of dwarves go down. A beastman tries to pick up the ball, but falls onto it instead, leading to it bouncing around some more.

B14: The minotaur, a warrior, and a beastman go down.

K15: A beastman picks up the ball and runs it toward the opposite side of the pitch.

B15: A couple of players go down, and the beastman with the ball gets surrounded.

K16: The ball carrier dodges into two tackle zones, then into one, then finally free, making all of them, without rerolls. Everyone else stands around, looking slackjawed.

B16:

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Bay12 Breakers

Thoughts: With that, the other half of the famous TAB/NATAB scoring duo died. Let's take a look back at his career.
#1 in SPP at 152, well ahead of the second place player (a vampire from Self Inflicted) at 88
#1 in Passes, at 64 (2nd place is a Self Inflicted player with 42)
#1 in Run yards at 1146, bettering the Gutter Runner in 2nd by almost 350 yards.
#1 in Thrown yards at 542, bettering the 404 from the Self Inflicted primary thrower.
#2 in games survived at 43 (bested by a Khorne Warrior)
#4 All-Time in TDs, with 17.
#5 Receiver at 15.

TAB has been around since Season 2. (I ran an orc team season 1 that did pretty well, but that was back when we refused to blend new and existing teams, so I had to roll up a new team for season 2.) He got three arms, leading to his nickname, the Three-Armed Bandit, from his ability to pick up the ball in rough spots. An extra point of agility soon followed and, later, doubles on a skill roll to get him some pass skills. With his partner in crime, a 4STR, 3-armed beastman, usually called NATAB to avoid confusing them, they became a prolific pass-catch duo, turning Kobb's Khorne into an odd mix of finesse and strength for several seasons.

There are silver linings. New TAB is young, but has the three arms and 4AGL that defines the role. A young beastman has 4STR. The warrior line is a mix of veterans and young players, and Fritz and Speedy continue to do solid work supporting. Plus, my TV is going to be *way* lower now.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 16, 2013, 11:53:09 am »

Here I was thinking we'd have a max level player soon.

I doubt any of my vampires will be making it there within the next 6-or-less games. Everyone else is more than 100 SPP out. Maybe by season 8, mm?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 16, 2013, 01:07:07 pm »

I'll be happy if I can get one more SPP for Mejj to bring him up to rank 6, 'though it's been a rough season for veterans for me. Down to about four originals and one long-standing player at this point, and Mejj was saved by an apothecary from death once already.

Tyrr probably won't get any more rank-ups, though. Since getting AV6 I've felt him just a little too fragile to run with the ball especially considering my recent luck, so he's stuck with receiving, 'though I'm surprised that I hold #1 and #2 for most violent, and #1 for best runner now. I guess only living players are eligible.

The frustrating thing is that it's a bitch to get the few casualties to get those SPP for the new heavies. Not going to be holding a ball any time soon, after all.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:11:09 pm by Charmander »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 16, 2013, 02:40:20 pm »

Aw, yeah, it only tracks living players. That's a shame, I get attached to my d00ds and would like to measure my new guys by the standard of those who went before. My inner statkeeper wants to make a little Hall of Fame, but my outer lazy bastard says that's probably too much work.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 16, 2013, 03:11:40 pm »

You could upload the games to BB Manager, I assumed nobody really wanted to bother, but if you do I can (or you can) create a "league" to keep them there.

That'll keep track of all your corpses and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 149