Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261135 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 3
« Reply #510 on: December 20, 2012, 05:39:37 am »

i'm saving up for it :)

But i get so many inducements at this point that i can buy a DR and max bribes.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 20, 2012, 12:06:15 pm »

And now I'm hoping that ank's TV jumps waaaay up by week 7 :P

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 20, 2012, 07:24:15 pm »

I am glad I won't be playing dwarves again.

I only have to worry about every squishy-hunting, block and tackle-heavy team left, naturally. Fun times had by all.

In other news:

"Mazzzzz, get your sssscaly butt to trainin'... what do you mean, retired? We have ssssskaven to play againssst!"

Thanks to a combination of lingering injuries and spiralling TV, Mazz, injured Stormer runner, has hung up his helmet and settled in next to Jell, broken-necked catcherskink. That still leaves the Skaven side with a hefty half a million gold pieces' worth of inducements, and that buys... oh, shit. Fucking Morg'n Thorg. Of course. And a pair of kegs of Bloodweiser.

This may not be a great thing for the Stormers.

The Skinks lose the toss and the rats elect to kick, setting up with a rather daunting amount of muscle on the line of scrimmage, courtesy of a rat ogre and a normal ogre. Both teams line up and the ball goes skywards, although the skinks are first off the line as the ball is hoofed into the air, and make use of the quick snap on offer. The initial drive is hard and fast, but it goes pretty appallingly as first Tyrr fumbles the pickup, and Garr fails to handle the hand-off. In response, Morg 'n' Thorg murders the fuck out of Takk the Orcabreathed, the apothecary doing more harm than good and just cementing the ex-Stormer's fate. With the ball hurled off-pitch and back on, Modifiable Snarl finds himself in posession, and then rapidly surrounded by fellow skaven players as he heads into their half with little in the way of defence.

Rather shocked at how quickly Takk went down, the skinks are in virtually no position to strike back or defend, and although a number of skinks and veteran Mejj manage to get back, Novv gets a smashed collar bone trying to slip away and tackle in an already futile gesture. In their futile defence, Ravv ends up being smashed into the ground, and doesn't get back up. He won't. Ever. Manner Pylon don't even move, instead making the skinks know that they came to the wrong fucking blood bowl pitch today.

The skinks can't really respond, although Mejj scores a lucky injury on Scalpad as the rest of the team moves to defend. Jarr goes down, but is thankfully only unconscious, although Modifiable shoves Mejj out of the way in a blitz, and easily runs in the ball.

The ball is kicked off with much the same setups, although this time it goes high to land neatly in Weyy's claws. With little else to do, after the push goes badly, the skinks consolidate around Weyy, forming a feeble fucking barrier. Rexx gets bought down and is knocked out similarly, leaving a sincere lack of skink muscle available... although after this game they're not looking to have any at all left. With a risky maneuver, Weyy sprints forth and hands off to Irzz who slips past Skread Venom with little effort. Garr goes to cover him, but a failed blitz shoves him into the injury box, despite being the only one in a condition to do so, although Irzz quickly follows him with a similarly smashed chest that looks to end his career as well. An attempt to bring the Nuffle-cursed ratogre down ends about as well as one might expect, even with half the available members of the team piling on.

Vorr manages a backflip trying to slip away from the ratogre to bring down ball-carrying Quyamute, but it goes about as well as one expects, the rat running towards the endzone without so much as a worry, and the scoreline ends 2-0 with one half played, and only half the Stormers in any state to play. Jarr wakes up, but that's more than could be said about the five dead and injured.

As the ball goes skyward at the new half, both teams' fans cheer loud enough to bolster their respective sides, although in part that may be sympathy cheers for the Stormers. While the beatdown at this point is nothing spectacular, a fumbled catch by Quyamute gives the Stomers a chance to respond. Theoretically, anyway, because there's no muscle tobreah through and no numbers to overwhelm. Quyamute recovers the ball and sprints forth, backed up by Knidle. Four Stormers converge, but it's fairly trivial for the rats to knock them away, and although Quyamote doesn't make any progress, most of the rest of his team arrives to back him up.

Predictably, there's nothing the skinks can do save for throw bodies at the problem, and despite that Quyamute breaks forth and scores handily.

At the kickoff, the skink supporters keep screaming for some Nuffle-known reason, but the ball sails far and is handed back to Tyrr, taking a line on the front for once, and a paltry skink defence covers his escape. For all the good it does, as Deelutch shuts him down with a tackle. Knidle blade makes a dash for the ball, but stacks it and very nearly dies if it weren't for the apothecary on hand to merely leave him with a broken neck. Sorr goes to cover, and Tyrr scrambles up, slipping away from the diving Quyamute to grab the ball and score in a futile gesture.

Rexx still stays unconscious. The ball goes high and the rats get s quick snap, shifting forward to lay the hurt on the skink side. Leetwo picks up and tosses to Weeutch, but Morg 'n' Thorg fails to bring down Vorr. Tezz shoves the ball-carrying Weeutch back, but there's little else they can do. Weeutch darts forward, supported by Leetwo, and while Tyrr brings down Weeutch and snaps his arm, he goes unconscious himself, and the ball is left uncovered and within scoring distance, which, despite the dwindling clock, Manner Pylon don't take. Weyy passes to Sorr who catches and runs upfield, but can't reach the endzone in time.

The Stormers troop off, disgruntled and thoroughly crippled, although at least the surviving teammembers get a plus-sized barbecue for once. Garr gets MVP for being utterly unable to hold a ball, while Scalpad Venom gets his for being injured.

(...Fuck this game. 1ST Skinks, one of which is a ball carrier, two fatalities. Four players I need to replace. Thanks a fucking lot, Nuffle.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 4
« Reply #513 on: December 20, 2012, 07:31:14 pm »

Matchups for Week 4:
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs Kanil - Self Inflicted
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs Jartol - Manner Pylon

With the holidays approaching and the possible end of the world getting in the way, the week might take a little longer than usual.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 21, 2012, 05:07:44 pm »

I lost in a 1-2 match vs Manner Pylons.

I bought a DR and 2 bribes with the inducements, but he was pretty ineffective, also coz he bugged twice, starting  squares behind the LOS.

First drive started with the rat fans pummelling 7 players on my team, but I recovered well.

The rats ran circles around me, while the rat ogre was screaming with rage the entire match.

A very blodless game, we got one cas each.

not much SP for me, but i can finally afford a real DR!

but no pancakes this game.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 21, 2012, 07:17:11 pm »

When your plan revolves around stealing all your enemies rerolls, having your chef take a measly 1 all game (0 in the first, 1 in the second) does not help, not even a little.

Thrall armor proved to be stronger then expected, and despite landing a goodly number of blows, CAS were low.

On the plus side, I did manage to SI (miss next game) one of Kanil's high-level vampires, so you're welcome, whoever's up next.

Worst roll for me all game was my Minotaur BH'ing himself on Kanil's beastly strength 5 thrall. That was just unfortunate.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 21, 2012, 07:47:58 pm »

AlStar also had miserable luck with skulls, there was a couple of instances of rolling skulls into skulls.

As for my MNG vampire, I'd imagine Charmander normally would appreciate it, but it sounds like he has bigger problems at the moment.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 23, 2012, 08:37:57 pm »

I also managed to have my apoh give me the option of "or death?" for a second time in a row. At least this time the choice wasn't between death or death, although -MV on a dwarf is roughly equivalent.

So, what's the status on the remaining games? Are we going to see a new week before the new year?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 30, 2012, 09:59:16 am »

So, what's the status on the remaining games? Are we going to see a new week before the new year?

Going to assume that the fact this dropped all the way to page 5 means that no, we aren't going to see a new week before the 1st. Ah well.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 30, 2012, 06:17:45 pm »

Yeah, seems our other players have been busy. I sort of forgot myself, being quite preoccupied the last few days. My apologies.

The two remaining games are ndkid vs Charmander, and monk12 vs Burnt Pies. Any updates from any of you?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 30, 2012, 10:30:40 pm »

Whups, sorry, was going to give a progress report after Christmas, but you know how that goes. Not that there's much progress to report at the moment, Pies and I have both been pretty busy. Hopefully late this week.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 31, 2012, 01:34:41 pm »

I tried to sync up with Charm the weekend before Christmas. Didn't work out. Haven't heard from Charm or tried since. I could play tomorrow, since I have the day off.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 03, 2013, 01:59:00 am »

I'm getting starved for lack of pancakes!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 03, 2013, 04:28:48 am »

Indeed. Christmas is over and New Years has passed too, and you've all had two weeks to schedule a game.

If the games aren't scheduled by the end of the weekend, they'll be marked as draws. If you can schedule something, I don't mind waiting, but if you still haven't decided a time by Monday, then it's really time to move on.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 03, 2013, 05:27:15 am »

I have a couple of days with a weird sleep schedule, which probably plays right into the hands of our timezone mismatch, so there's a fair chance we'll get our game played in the next few days.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 149