Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261117 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 1
« Reply #480 on: November 23, 2012, 07:11:46 pm »

Glistening Dementia defeats Manner Pylon 2-1 in a savage brawl that left one of the Pylon's massively high-level gutter runners dead on the field.

Picking up a massive 640k in inducements, Dementia goes to lower the Pylon's rerolls as much as possible: -1RR + a Halfling chef. Although the chef only took a total of two rerolls (one each half) the lack of extra dice (and the extra RRs given to our team) definately hurt Pylon's play. We also paid for a wizard who managed to CAS two players (a steal for 150k!) - used early in the first on a fireball for one CAS, his powers recharged just before the end of game to CAS a Pylon gutter runner. Finally, a strength potion was bought, but it turned out to be snake-oil, so there was no strength 5 bull centaur on the field.

I'll sum up the game as easily as possible: I got really, really lucky. The fact that a bull centaur managed an interception (which led to my first touchdown) was just the start.

Although Skaven are not known for their armor, I got a lot of CAS (ended with 7 Skaven out by end of game), and I only lost two players (both hobgoblins,) one of which was caught on a foul. Big plus: the Skaven leader was taken out early in the first - one more reroll down!

The Skaven gutter runners fumbled more dodges and ball handling rolls then I could have dreamed, even with the lowered rerolls.

Despite the fact that all the gutter runners were blodgers, a mix of 3d blocks, tackle, and just plain ol' luck kept them on the ground, block after block.

Oh, oh, and I love the Skaven rat ogre! By himself, he pretty much cost the Pylons a goal by wasting rerolls, ending turns early, and completely failing to hurt the dwarf assigned to him.

Good game Jartol, I probably would've been cursing by the end of it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:19:25 pm by AlStar »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 25, 2012, 11:11:31 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Brunch's Big Bads

The big roster move for Kobb's Khorne in the off-season was dumping Soft hands, their AG4 AV8 Chaos Warrior for a new Chaos Warrior Rookie. Brunch's Big Bads elect to receive the kickoff. Khorne lines up in FFB. Both teams get extra rerolls.

B1: Most of the Khorne front line goes down, and the minotaur gets pushed off the line. The orc thrower picks up the ball.

K1: TAB runs around the end and knocks over the thrower, picking up the ball himself and heading toward the end zone. Several orcs get knocked down, and the Khorne front line stands back up.

B2: The troll has a stupid moment. An orc player is knocked over trying to dodge away from the front lines.

K2: A 2-die block double-double skulls.

B3: A blitzer knocks over TAB. The troll injures the minotaur, but the apocothary gets him back up. The goblin falls over trying to get to the ball.

K3: Speedy knocks over the thrower, picks up the ball, and runs it in.

B4: More Brilliant Coaching gives BBB a reroll. The minotaur goes down again. Nobody is willing to block Rikkit, due to his stench. The thrower picks up the kickoff and tosses it to the goblin, standing behind the troll.

K4: The minotaur stands up and knocks over the troll, getting beside the goblin. A chaos warrior also gets beside the goblin.

B5: The troll stands up and knocks over the minotaur. The goblin dodges to one sideline with the ball.

K5: Lots of standing up. The goblin gets knocked over, sending the ball into the backfield.

B6: The goblin picks back up the ball and runs behind the troll.

K6: Speedy comes in from the edge and knocks the goblin over, taking himself down in the process.

B7: The goblin stands back up and retrieves the ball. A tackling beastman is killed.

K7: The minotaur knocks himself over trying to block the troll.

B8: Not much.

K8: Not much.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Brunch's Big Bads

K9: TAB goes back to receive the kickoff. A chaos warrior double-double-skulls on a block.

B9: A beastman knocked out onto the ball sends it into the hands of an orc lineman. Most of the Khorne line gets knocked over.

K10: Khorne plays for position. New Guy moves into the ork backfield.

B10: The lineman hands the ball off to the goblin just over the midfield line near one edge.

K11: TAB dodges away from his defenders to knock over the goblin and pick up the ball.

B11: TAB is knocked off the pitch and injured. The crowd tosses the ball slightly behind the Khorne midfield. The troll goes to stand between it and the Khorne line. A blitzer picks up the ball.

K12: The minotaur goes wild on the ground rather than blitzing. A beastman gets in front of the blitzer with the ball.

B12: The blitzer with the ball heads to within striking distance of the goal line.

K13: A beastman gets beside the ball carrier, and Speedy gets deep, just in case he matters.

B13: BBB holds the ball in place, playing for the tie.

K14: New Guy falls over trying to run to the ball carrier.

B14: Several Khorne players get knocked out. The ball carrier runs to beside the goal line.

K15: Two beastmen get beside the ball carrier.

B15: The ball is run in for the score.

K16: Double skull.

B16: Some more carnage.

Final Score: Brunch's Big Bads 1 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: Given the volume of things that went wrong, and how they happened such that they removed all possibility of building any front line momentum for me, I'm happy to walk away with a tie. And the dead tackler means I'll be able to go into the next match with a cheaper team.

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 29, 2012, 06:54:31 pm »

Ank/Charmander,
I was wondering if you two had scheduled your match yet...

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 30, 2012, 03:02:07 am »

Waiting for charmander to have time... also he was unaware for a while that we had started.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 04, 2012, 06:48:14 pm »

Any time you guys...

edit: Although I don't know why I'm asking you to hurry up, I'm certain that my rematch game against Jartol is going to end up as a 5-0 beatdown when his players realise that they massively outlevel me, and don't need to fake injuries like they do against the insane chaos teams that are in this league.  :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:54:59 pm by AlStar »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2012, 07:14:43 pm »

Agreed, it's been nearly two weeks. Is this game going to get played?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 05, 2012, 09:03:14 am »

Yeah, sorry, the last time I was able to play my net went tits up without warning.

Still would have appreciated warning before the season started, but erh.

"Oh fuck, they have how much inducccccementsss!?"

930,000 is a lot of gold. Almost enough to buy a team, in fact. Without two of the heavy-hitters still recovering from the beatdown last season, the Stormers are in for a lot of hassle against a team hard to put down and adept at stoping the most nimble of skinks in their tracks with a stubborn, well-placed boot.

Not the most desirable of matchups, team value or not.

Nonetheless, the Breakers' coach picks up a Wizard, a wandering Halfling cook determined to throw the Stormer's game off, a pair of dubious bonedoctors and enough drugs to fuel the Chaos Cup. The Breakers lose the toss and the sahagin side elect to receive, staring down the massed lines of dwarves ready to boot the ball off the line. The smells distract the lizard side, certainly, but not enough for the crowd not to bolster their resolve back up as the ball lands safely in the middle of the skink backline.

Takk opens the preceedings with a shove to Ivefan, a Blitzer, while the other sauruses follow up with little effect. Tyrr, now taught in the forbidden art of passes, scoops up the ball and hands to Garr, who sprints off upfield, the combined arms of Nirr, Weyy and Irzz covering his escape. The curiously named Burning Pet shuts him down with a sprint, though, a hesitant block forcing him to redouble his efforts in knocking the skink to the floor, while Nirr similarly ends down in the astrogranite, stunned from a smack by Ivefan.

Takk wrenches away from Ivefan and leaves his teammate on the floor, but in doing so drops Burning Pet with a solid thump. Tyrr runs up to guard the ball, but Garr scrambles up, regains his claws on the ball, and scores rather handily for the skink side.

Unperturbed, the dwarves line up for the second drive, with the added advantage that they're receiving this time. The rather classic Full Frontal Brutality, pioneered by the Khornate side through most of last season, makes itself known, save for a pair of runners ready to catch any balls that may sail their way. The dubiously stinty side display a rare burst of agility, though, catching the saurus side flat-footed and closing on the line of lizards. In the intermission made by Kaian-A-Coel fumbling the pickup into the stands, the dwarven wizard hurls a fireball that puts rookie Tezz out of the match. Takk punishes the flagrant display of pyrotechnics by smashing Girlinhat to the ground, putting him out of the game for good, but making a desperate dive for the other side of the field, Novv gets brought down by Urist McDorf.

Kaian and Burning Pet both waddle ball-wards, while Urist similarly punishes Sorr for standing in the middle of the pitch. Between the sheer mass of bodies bulkier than they are tall, most of the skink side find themselves hemmed in, without much in the way of escapes. Urist goes down hard, and frees up the team some, but Nirr gets knocked out with a solid thump to join Tezz on the sidelines. Greatorder moves to shutdown Tyrr the Slipstreamed, and the rest of thedwarves look to make life hard, but Kaian picks up the ball and thrusts it into the meaty hands of Burning Pet, running down towards the mass of muscle. An attempt to consilidate goes cloaca-up as Garr, moving to support Tyrr in a tackle 0on Burning Pet, trips over his own ornametation and makes himself look like an utter idiot, prompting the rest of the team to re-think his appended title, "the Surefooted". Because he's not. Not even close.

Tyrr, having watched Garr fall face-first and hissed a sigh of frustration as a result, pays for his lack of attention with a punch that leaves him unconscious to be hauled off the pitch. The rest of the dwarves hem in the skink side, rapidly dwindling in conscious teammembers. Takk manages to slip away and drop Burning Pet, however, the ball skittering into the spot surrounded by players on all sides. The outnumbered skinks consolidate, crowding around to prevent the dwarves from laying a finger on it. At least, immediately. LoSBoccacc smashes into Ravv, sending the ball bouncing first to Japa, and then Weyy, who catches it. Japa promptly punches Weyy hard and the ball bounces some more, skittering to the dwarven side as Urist fractures Sorr's leg.

With the muscle of Takk and Mejj clearing the way, Weyy manages to lay a finger, and then a full on pair of claws, to the ball, aiming to hurl the ball towards Novv, but instead merely dropping it to beside his feet. Ivefan smashes him down and recovers the ball with time ticking away. takk scrambles for a break to shut Ivefan down, but manages little more than a shove to send him back. His efforts are, rather predictably, for naught as Ivefan runs the ball in as the time ticks away.

Tyrr remains unconscious, and the skinks remain undermanned with a situation that has come up in every Nuffle-damned match they've ever played in, the crippling lack of muscle that had plagued them last season proving its annoyance once more. Once more the tantalising smells distract the skinks. Irzz and Mejj are the first to go down, Irzz getting a stun for his troubles. The dwarves start to set up a box once more, knowing they can easily beat the lizards in a direct conflict of attrition. Not that they even let it get that far - Mejj gets knocked out under the weight of dwarves, while Garr and Nirr end up down. Burning Pet drives the boxforward, and given the lack of mobility on offer between tackles and a lack of agility, the skinks can't get anywhere, leaving the sum total of four lizards to slow them down. Not that it matters, as the way is rather mercilessly cleared for Burning Pet.

Novv manages to defy all expectation and smash Burning Pet to the ground, fracturing his skull with a wild lunge, but a scrambling Weyy manages to fumble the ball, leaving it for him and Nirr to guard, even as dwarves surround the group. For all the good the last-ditch defence does, Girlinhat manages to recover the ball and score despite the injury earlier.

The weather changes from bright sunshine to bright sunshine, and the skink drive starts with the sole chance being brought down in a flurry of skulls and blocks, and Vattic capitalises enough to hand off to Ivefan. The Wizard, obviously elated and rather drunk at the fact the team he was hired by is winning, ends up taking offence to a spike jutting out the ground and fireballing it. In response, the combined muscle of Irzz, Weyy and Novv is enough to bring down Ivefan, but the ball doesn't move particularly far, and the skinks can't capitalise on the effects. Weyy ends up looking dead after Girlinhat mistakes him for a troll, but the skink bonedoctor manages to patch him up and haul him off before the rest of his team get a chance to snack on him.

In response to the almost-fallen skink, Vorr shoves Urist down for Takk to smash Urist, freeing the ball and sending it bouncing to Garr. Tyrr scrambles up for the potential in a last-minute play, but odds look low as Irzz stumbles moving around to support. It takes the combined efforts to bring down Garr. Forsaken recovers the ball, but fumbles the pass, sending it bouncing around to land  in dwarven hands. Mejj fails to make good on a last-ditch effort, and the score stays 2-1 to the dwarves. Not... exactly an unexpected outcome.

Tezz ends up MVP for the Stormers for eating a fireball and running around screaming before the flames died down, and Kaian-A-Coel for managing to hand off successfully.

(... I fucking hate dwarves. Especially when I'm down two sauruses. Hard counters fucking suck.

... Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a Krox to stand there like an idiot.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:36:19 pm by Charmander »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 05, 2012, 03:43:33 pm »

We Finally got our game played!

With 980K inducements, I bought every drug I could lay my lands on, HMC, a wizard(with bad aim) and 2 extra apothecaries.

The stormers have 2 Sauruses out, bringing them to only 3, the average str is looking mighty low.

The snakes elect to receive and make a great push down the right side, and runs in the ball in 2 turns flat.

The dwarves gets nervous  about their stubby legs, but soon start punching lizards left and right.

The dwarves punch their way to a TD, and in the second half they do it again.

5 lizards has been injured, and 1 saved from death.

Somewhere a dwarf runner gets injured while I was in the bathroom, so no Apo for him.

A dwarf kicks the ball very close to the line, with a few turns left.

A saurus double skulls.

The dwarfs mannage to get the ball, but is unable to score the next and last turn.

Tyrr makes a desperate play and runs downfield, but a saurus double skulls again and the game ends.

Dorf 2 - 1 Stormers

So much blood!
GG!

Block on every fucking player sure comes in handy.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 2
« Reply #488 on: December 05, 2012, 04:59:38 pm »

Still would have appreciated warning before the season started, but erh.
I'm not sure what form of warning you would have liked, but if there's something I can do to help you along, let me know.
... Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy a Krox to stand there like an idiot.
Even if he stands there and does nothing, his tail still works. Go for it.

Matchups for Week Two
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Kanil - Self Inflicted
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
Jartol - Manner Pylon vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne

As noted earlier, the Cyanide autoscheduler fucked us over with this one.

Have a .gif that you might be able to use for a match report some day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 05, 2012, 06:29:29 pm »

...I'm paying 40k gold, Loner and Bone'Ead for S5 and Prehensile Tail if I do. I... am kind of struggling to see how that's worth it. I think both together is just too painful, really.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 05, 2012, 08:59:40 pm »

He's tough to move and tough to dodge away from. If you plop him on the LoS next to 3 opposing guys, he's tying up three players who either have to knock him down (takes 3-4 guys for a 2die block) or they have to make risky dodges to escape. Meanwhile, this leaves about 8 players on the opposing team vs your 6 ST4 Saurus and 4 more skinks providing assists -- a decided advantage for the Lizards.

Big guys tend to be more useful as road blocks and tying up opposing players than they are as damage dealers (too unreliable to be blocking often,) and the Kroxigor is very good at that role, more so than most big guys.

Plus, he's another player who's not a skink. That alone makes him worth it.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 05, 2012, 10:11:43 pm »

If there were no skinks, who would handle the ball?

Besides, my luck has been atrocious, and I think I'm tempting fate with a krox when he bone'eads and loses his tackle zone.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 06, 2012, 03:53:56 pm »

Told Charmander pretty much the same thing during the game...

In other news, my very first skills role, for my Troll Slayer Girlinhat, was a 12!!
She is living up to her name.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 07, 2012, 06:35:09 pm »

Jartol - Manner Pylon vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia

Jartol - what's your availability look like? I should be free most of this weekend.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2012, 08:58:16 pm »

Have a .gif that you might be able to use for a match report some day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well I certainly didn't think I'd want it that fast.

3-1 in favor of Self Inflicted, giving them three wins over the Marauders in as many matches. I feel like I played much better than my last couple outings, though, so that's a plus. The minus is that I think I offended Nuffle somehow, between the Ogre repeatedly failing his Bonehead when he had a chance to smash the ballcarrier, the Blitzer with Dodge failing to get away from his mark when he had a chance to smash the ballcarrier, the Catcher failing two consecutive GFI's in an attempt to assist another Blitzer smashing the- well you get the idea. My sole TD was a somewhat improbable last-minute mid-range throw from my AG 4 Blitzer to a wide open Catcher, which balances it out a bit, I suppose. Heads up to whoever faces Kanil next, his ST 5 Thrall is a beast.

0-2 is a terrible way to start the season, but at least nobody is dead or seriously injured (apart from the slow Blitzer from last season.) Next week's matchup with ank's Bay12 Breakers will be another tough game, I'm sure.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 149