No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359924 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1650 on: October 02, 2012, 07:02:23 pm »

ya, I'm sorry. At any rate though now that it's nice and official we have no worries. I promise I won't count my own vote toward anything; Paragon's honor.  8)

But you had better damn well hope you get decent rolls for the next few turns. You'll see what I mean.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1651 on: October 02, 2012, 07:04:13 pm »

So when will the all glorious first non Mal update come out?
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 02, 2012, 11:15:40 pm »

I am a hair away from finished but I am COMPLETELY stumped as to HOW the Moonies managed to sneak up on us coupled with the fact that they did not send prior notice they were coming in person. I know this is pathetic but I need ideas so help please?  :'(

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 02, 2012, 11:43:31 pm »

Interference due to increased solar activity or you make them refugee escaping from a fascist government.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 03, 2012, 12:02:21 am »

OOC: UGH. this is harder than I thought.

Spoiler: Moonies (click to show/hide)

As the deadline for the completion of the battleship draws near, a number of questions are asked and complaints raised regarding the fact that almost all primary shipbuilding infrastructure in the system is currently in use by a single private consortium. More formal protest -- and a bit of fear -- begins to arise from Gaia once it is found the purpose of this act is for the production of a heavily armed warship quite capable of small-scale planetary bombardment. For its part, the AI does not immediately order the cessation or suspension of the construction project, though it is still quite possible to do so before next month, as numerous smaller projects and system diagnostics yet need to be finished. Instead, focus for now is given towards 'leveling the playing field' by analyzing the blueprints of the planned vessel and making appropriate adjustments to current state-of-the-art equipment and weaponry to compensate.

The development of such high-yield weapons has taken a significant blow with the destruction of much of the Hephaestus facility, which hampers these efforts. In spite of this, some small progress is made; a new type of missile with a shaped-charge warhead, encased in a non-ferrous alloy of aluminum and other metals, has been devised. It should be able to mostly if not completely disregard a magnetic shield, and deliver a powerful targeted armor-piercing blast to critical points on heavy ships. Unfortunately, although the R&D phase of the missile went quite well (to the immense relief of the research staff), the field test involving several refitted combat missile drones went horribly wrong when, during an attempt to test the effectiveness of the warhead versus small nearby planetoids, their targeting systems malfunctioned and caused them to empty their entire salvos into a nearby destroyer and two frigates; the first frigate never stood a chance, as several warheads impacted its engine section, causing it to blast apart to the dismay of the station crews. The remaining frigate and destroyer suffered more superficial damage, though a couple decks were quickly depressurized and their fleshy contents forcefully ejected. It would have likely been much worse had a nearby squadron of fighters not immediately shot down the drones before they could complete their kamikaze run. It would seem the warhead is effective.

Some research is considered into the field of rechargeable, high-energy density batteries such as lithium-ion instead of dangerous miniature fusion reactors. The prospects are attractive, but with resources and facilities strained as they are, progress is slow and any field-working unit isn't likely to be available until next month, minimum. At least nothing explodes.

With last months research disaster on Hephaestus firmly in mind, a team of planners and drones is sent to the nearly-ruined facility and proceeds to clean up the debris and draw up blueprints for a full reconstruction effort. Due to murmurs of protest regarding repeated catastrophic failures in the course of researching dangerous technology such as miniaturized fusion reactors, the facility is to be entirely reworked to rely heavily on automation, with several new layers of fail-safes to both minimize the possibility of another disaster, and cut down on collateral damage and loss of life should it happen again. It will take several months to clear the site again and rebuild it, but the initial outlook is promising.

Terraforming on Aries remains at status quo, with more and more of the icecaps slowly receding every month. Regarding the colony itself, however, disturbing news follows; murmurs of anti-AI sentiment are beginning to surface, and while still quite small and given a lukewarm reception, they seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on several past mistakes, slowly trying to convince people that they would be better off without the AI around.

Another wave of terrorists on Gaia were found attempting to sabotage public facilities and attack government institutions with improvised chemical weapons. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt and most of the offenders were neutralized by the Gaian police, with a few being taken into custody.

Spoiler: Solar activity (click to show/hide)

Another curiosity of human nature has surfaced, that of their insatiable and somewhat illogical need to give everything a (often cliche) name or title; in this case, it is the AI. Apparently unwilling to simply continue referring to it as 'Ship' or some other name, they request a proper label of some sort be applied to the primary AI. The list of possible names they have come up with is quite... staggering, and polls are already being actively voted on, owing in large part to the internet systems developed and applied in the past. Barring any delays from beyond the fourth wall, the AI should have a name in roughly a month's time.
(OOC: That means I'm counting on YOU guys/subroutines to come up with a name for the AI.)

Time lapsed in system: 7 years, 8 months

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Mavens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Moonies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:50:07 pm by Xvareon »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 03, 2012, 02:28:17 pm »

thanks. no holes are better than holes.

THANK YOU FOR DOING THE UPDATE
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 03, 2012, 03:02:33 pm »

*EDIT*

The update was supposed to go here, but I've redacted it until tomorrow until I can rewrite the Moonies part of the story. It just felt uninspired and full of holes to me, and there's no point keeping the update without the entire thing being complete. Maybe I can cut down on the text a bit too, we'll see. I'm really sorry this is taking so long, I will most definitely have it finished by tomorrow.
I read the update, and it was alright. Not special, just mediocre. The reveal of the moonies could be seen as a waste of an opportunity, but not everything must be a plothook.
Just one hint, the moonies have advanced tech, they might not have evolved on the moons at all, but could have settled there.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 03, 2012, 06:45:08 pm »

wow I never thought it'd be this much stress o.o maybe I'm just unimaginative. Oh, well... 10ebbor10, you wanna tag in as GM? you seem like you'd do really well. Or anyone else, I did kinda jump on it earlier before anyone else had a chance. Just putting that out there.

EDIT: Since this opened a new page I should probably point out that the update is up at one page back.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:26:54 pm by Xvareon »

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1658 on: October 03, 2012, 07:11:42 pm »

Xvaeron remember the Moonies aren't humans, culturally or psychologically, you can use this to your advantage.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 04, 2012, 10:04:21 am »

wow I never thought it'd be this much stress o.o maybe I'm just unimaginative. Oh, well... 10ebbor10, you wanna tag in as GM? you seem like you'd do really well. Or anyone else, I did kinda jump on it earlier before anyone else had a chance. Just putting that out there.

EDIT: Since this opened a new page I should probably point out that the update is up at one page back.
Got enough games of my own to run, I'm afraid.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1660 on: October 04, 2012, 10:39:22 am »

Maybe I could help you with the moonies if you want

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 04, 2012, 02:06:47 pm »

PLAN:

1: do what i already said
2: build target range
3: build systems to prevent rouge debris from doing shit and
4: question why the anti-debris systems were not working on those ships. after all, a screw can destroy things at high enough speeds
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 04, 2012, 02:30:32 pm »

PLAN:

1: do what i already said
2: build target range
4: question why the anti-debris systems were not working on those ships. after all, a screw can destroy things at high enough speeds
1: for the sake of the GM and fellow players, please repeat all actions, or provide a link
2: Information is key here, what target range, where? We have an advanced lab in construction above Hephaestos, and that should include target ranges.
3: We got an entire network of PD lasers and mass drives in place, I doubt much danger is around
4: Small parts are unable to be detected at such speed. There's no way to stop them aside from the magnetic fields, which were online and functioning. The ships were attacked by advanced weaponry fired from friendly targets at close range. Of course their PD couldn't stop it. Missiles are largely unaffected by the magnetic shielding, as they will be made from nonferrous materials.

Spoiler: Development plan 02.01 (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 04, 2012, 02:50:10 pm »

/\
This.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 04, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »

PLAN:

1: do what is below this list
2: build target range somewhere in space for testing of space weaponry

1. This mostly relies on the development of lightweight armour. This is also being priorized on due the danger of a flare. see #3
2. I would just add the droppod as escape pods to all current vessels.  cargo is nice too... and also, whats the plan if we cant land shuttles to land troops? or for spaces where shuttles are much to large?
3. Since EMP= Flare proof.  I think we want those. Lets expand it to electronics though.
4.The addition of a cloning facility is certainly interesting. Were do we hide it.? ice planet, in the caverns.
5. We have hydroponics systems for a long time already. I mean, there are giant farms in orbit. ((Oh crap, another thing that can blow up.)) exactly

Also, I'm now commenting in white. Better? no.
this please.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 117