No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360178 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game (Poll: what to do with the algae)
« Reply #645 on: March 08, 2012, 04:29:08 pm »

Not turning the suggestion game into some cheap knock-off version of a shooter game.  Stop derailing the thread please.( Really the discussion is starting to be less and less relevant)
So no deathring as we don't have the resources, the people/things to fight there and no reason too. We're also not going to steal neames and weapons from other games, nor modifying planets to look like game worlds.( The point of Suggestion games is creativity, and not recreating things from games and such).  I do not consider turning a planet into the setting from a videogame very creative, so please focus a bit.

As for the orbital lasers, we currently have 2 solar lenses, one of which is out of order at the moment . WHile these are functionally identical to lasers, they're a little less versatile.

Note: That may sound a lot more mean and complainlike than it's supposed to be.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 08, 2012, 04:35:06 pm »

How was I copying?....

Also death ring was long term. Back to lurking now

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 08, 2012, 04:36:49 pm »

Well, the orbital lense should be able to bring oil to his bruning temperature.

But anyway. This "Burn the surface" thing is still a bad idea.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 08, 2012, 05:37:03 pm »

I would like to state why. Fire eats at oxygen and converts it into carbon dioxide. do it all at once over a large portion of the planet.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 08, 2012, 05:39:28 pm »

Its more melt the surface with plasma....no air required.

I say nanite pluage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 08, 2012, 06:27:23 pm »

Ehhh. I think we can do better than that. Burning entire planets is not useful. Usually wars are launched for land or resources. If we destroy all of them then it is useless.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 08, 2012, 06:58:09 pm »

I say nanite plauge.
FTFY, and agree.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 08, 2012, 11:05:40 pm »

After many computing cycles of debate, including some that veered into the imaginative, a clear consensus emerges. A native creature will be re-engineered to eat the algae.

With the help of the scientist and terraformer, several likely candidates are procured that are likely to be relatively easy to manipulate. With a month of hard work, several of them show promise with only basic genetic modification to tweak their behaviors. The most promising is a carrion-eating scavenging underwater mammal the technicians nicknamed the Wrinkled Suckfish. It has a gaping, fleshy mouth that pulls in decaying material, and it is quite easy to tweak its behavior to eat algae. Now all that remains is to build some sort of industrial complex capable of breeding the fish on an epic scale.

Aquarius is in stasis this month, with the re-tooled harvesting industry managing to hold the infestation to the existing 8%.

The quantum computer begins to process the info from the moon aliens. More data will be available next month.

A huge influx of 600 migrants arrives on Aries, overwhelming the already shaky government. Rioting breaks out. The human police are called in, but they are overwhelmed. Then the worst happens: a fire breaks out, and panic sets in.

Eventually, the captain orders the robot police to intervene. The results are... not pretty. Before the day is out, nearly 30 are dead, mostly young men, and the Councillor is among those dead. The captain imposes martial law on the colony, and tension remains high.

Against this backdrop of chaos, a milestone occurs: the first child is born on Aries. Her parents name her Hope. Her birth seems to lower the tension slightly.

Survey robots are sent out, and locate several fault lines and potential volcanic sites for raising the temperature of the planet. The issue of holding an atmosphere doesn't seem to be relevant; Aries possesses sufficient size to make the problem one of millenia, and the captain advises the AI to focus on more immediate needs. "Besides, I was nervous enough crashing ice asteroids into the planet when our population was lower. Giant, massive rocks would be an order of magnitude worse, especially given... everything."

Research proceeds at a decent clip, with advances being made in magnetic field generators; a small working prototype of a magnetic field shield that deflects kinetic projectiles is built. Genetics prove equally fruitful, as work on the Wrinkled Suckfish leads to some basic advances in complex organism manipulation.

Time lapsed in system: 1 year, 6 Months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:09:16 pm by Maldevious »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #653 on: March 08, 2012, 11:14:03 pm »

Give the avians a large, docile creature, resilient that they could tame it before it dies. :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 08, 2012, 11:23:23 pm »

Can we please put a halt on bringing more people out of hibernation?

It getting more and more ridiculous that we're trying to aggravate a already tense situation.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 08, 2012, 11:27:27 pm »

>consider a preventing new colonist from awakaning. The population is growing too quikly. Also 700 each is a good breading population should the unthinkable hapen, the colony fails and every one dies.
>construct fish cloaning lab on aquarius. Adapet it to alow ship bord cloaning of humans, again  In case of disaster.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 09, 2012, 01:26:37 am »

Woah...

Martial law is not very good... Riots and fire either...
We need a broader colony, a stable politicial situation and more police bots.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 09, 2012, 01:47:54 am »

We need to establish a military presence, I say converting a toxic planet into a main military base, yaknow, research stations, hundreds of orbital defences, etc, but right now we should start construction of combat bots.

Specs:
Titanium armor and structure
Assault rifle
Some kind of treads or propellent(flying military hehe)
Basic sensors
Low grade computer processors for now

Rip goat, more loli

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 09, 2012, 11:32:11 am »

About the algae:

- Begin to create a Cloning station On the ocean planet. Should be easily moveable and selfsufficient
- Develop a Retrovirus that we can use to modify the excisting Wrinkled Suckfish populations
- The Laser is repaired right. If so: Fire. If not: Repair it.

Aries:

- Martial law should not last long. Make continues announcements on all channels that the population should remain calm and that the Governement will be reestablished soon( NO DATES).
- Modify the Policedrones to carry more peacefull equipment. Tranquiliser guns and tear/sleep gas come to mind.
- Create a human police force
- Begin the announcement and the design of A giant Parliament building. It's should be large and will be build on a hill on the surface, overlooking the Terraforming projects.
                -Lots of windows and such( Bullet/meteroid proof of course)
                -Everyone inside is protected by many individual magnetic fields .
                - 100 seats for voters, Space for all colonists to watch. ( Note the watching places are modular and can be added afterwards)
                - Airlocks so we can throw the whole lot out if they are to much of a problem ;D           
- Upgrade the security systems: Disguised Camera's, automated doors and such. Install medical posts defended by magnetic field generators
- For now, halt the dehibernating of new people.
- Also, brainwash the people using colors: Pink in places with lots of violence( Pink lessens agressivines); Orange and brown in place you want humans to get out as fast as possible, Blue in Factories and wherever people work.
- If the situations worsens: POLICE STATE: Papers required to go outside, lots of checkpoint, all such things.

Tech( Not updated yet)

> Tech ( This is just a stuff that might be useful list, sorted vaguely on importance)
      - New generation of medicins, combined with Tranquilizers and possible fireable by gas and bullet.
       -!Strong magnetic generators( For magnetic anti rad fields, Microparticle shields bullet deflection, and cloacking ships) ( This magnetic field thingy can also protect against radiation ,so it  might be useful if we're going to nuke the planet.!
     - !DNA Sequencing, coding/ decoding installations complete with cloning pods. There seem to be a lot of genetic engineering suggestion. This will make that possible.!
     - !Deep sea/land drilling Installation and technology !
     -Design and build a giant space Telescope( Cheap, also we can use it to look at moons) It should have a modular design. Ie we can use the individual lenses as laser if we want to.
     -Continue with the improbable and probably impossible Tesla beam. Also work on Laser point defense systems
     -Design electrochemical ammunition for conventional weapons.(Bullets spontanously produces a strong electroshock upon hitting something)
     -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)

>consider a preventing new colonist from awakaning. The population is growing too quikly. Also 700 each is a good breading population should the unthinkable hapen, the colony fails and every one dies.
>construct fish cloaning lab on aquarius. Adapet it to alow ship bord cloaning of humans, again  In case of disaster.
No it's not. Beyond 2200 and a bit people a human population is not sustainable, and will die out because of interbreeding.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:53:20 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 09, 2012, 01:04:56 pm »

Also enlist more humans in the Aries police force and task them with restoration of order, at only minor costs, avoid killing whenever possible. Promise the population order will be restored soon and that we have halted the awakining of new colonists until the current colonists have better living conditions. To that end increase production of luxuries in order to make the population happier as soon as order is restored. Also the powers of the new parliament should not be too extensive, just enough to calm the populace until we can get them luuries and such things that will keep them happy.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 117