No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360154 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2012, 01:08:09 pm »

The Parliament is only intended to control the colony in the first instance. For others matters it can only give advise. ALso added the human police force: Armed or not ?

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 09, 2012, 01:35:06 pm »

>consider a preventing new colonist from awakaning. The population is growing too quikly. Also 700 each is a good breading population should the unthinkable hapen, the colony fails and every one dies.
>construct fish cloaning lab on aquarius. Adapet it to alow ship bord cloaning of humans, again  In case of disaster.
No it's not. Beyond 2200 and a bit people a human population is not sustainable, and will die out because of interbreeding.

You sure about that? The number I heard was about 500, 250 each, as a minimum. Inbeerding is not nesicaraly a death sentence eather.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 09, 2012, 01:41:33 pm »

>consider a preventing new colonist from awakaning. The population is growing too quikly. Also 700 each is a good breading population should the unthinkable hapen, the colony fails and every one dies.
>construct fish cloaning lab on aquarius. Adapet it to alow ship bord cloaning of humans, again  In case of disaster.
No it's not. Beyond 2200 and a bit people a human population is not sustainable, and will die out because of interbreeding.

You sure about that? The number I heard was about 500, 250 each, as a minimum. Inbeerding is not nesicaraly a death sentence eather.
Well the number I heard was a stable populace. So it might be that your number is the absolute minimum, and mine is playing on the safe side.
Inbreeding is not a deathsentence, but rampant genetic disorders might be.

I did some google research: The safest amount is then thousand, the lowest reliable number is 500( Which is pretty freacking low and I think counts on optimal genetic diversity)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 09, 2012, 01:46:14 pm »

- Martial law should not last long. Make continues announcements on all channels that the population should remain calm and that the Governement will be reestablished soon( NO DATES).
- Modify the Policedrones to carry more peacefull equipment. Tranquiliser guns and tear/sleep gas come to mind.
-

so nerve pellets and nerve gas?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 09, 2012, 01:49:52 pm »

- Martial law should not last long. Make continues announcements on all channels that the population should remain calm and that the Governement will be reestablished soon( NO DATES).
- Modify the Policedrones to carry more peacefull equipment. Tranquiliser guns and tear/sleep gas come to mind.
-

so nerve pellets and nerve gas?
Peacefull equipment= Non lethal/ harmfull.

Nerve gas and such then to be rather deadly( Outlawed because they count as WMD's, so no).

This would be something based on Tranquilizers used in hospitals and such , combined with smart dosing systems( As to prevent death by overdose).
 We have those right?

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 09, 2012, 01:50:57 pm »

i ment something more futurey that causes instant paralyses and unconciusness, just not the suffocating kind.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:00 pm »

Doubt we'd have those, as all our systems seem to be kinda lowtech.

Still we can research them, complete with a new generation of medicins.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 09, 2012, 01:52:58 pm »

guess so...

Rip goat, more loli

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 09, 2012, 03:05:12 pm »

I don't think we will finish the research before we have the situation under control though. Once it is done order will already reign agian. I also think that it would be logical for any colonization mission's sleeping human population to consist of the most geneticly diverse of individuals, so you could pack less people into the ship while maintaining the necessery genetic divirsity. So we porbably have enough people on Aries to sustain a population.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 09, 2012, 03:19:08 pm »

Besides, we're only talking about temporarily halting the addition of new colonists.  Its likely that the situation will be under control in a few months and then we can start sending new people again.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 09, 2012, 03:34:18 pm »

Riots are not good, not good at all.

Us being a computer, we should be able to speak with the most disgruntled colonists. We need to see what exactly the issue is before we can fix it.

I second the idea of putting the awakening of colosnists on hold. On a month by month basis we really don't need to worry about population sustainability right now. I bet they won't be happy about that though.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 09, 2012, 03:37:00 pm »

We have already a human police force by the way.

Should we take action and ask the captain to step down as supreme leader? Tough question...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 09, 2012, 03:39:49 pm »

We have already a human police force by the way.

Should we take action and ask the captain to step down as supreme leader? Tough question...
Why should we, he's the only one keeping order for now.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 09, 2012, 03:40:46 pm »

He's the ground of the riots.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 09, 2012, 03:45:06 pm »

No, he's not.
The influx of the immigrants + the opposite political parties in the colony are.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 117