No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360031 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #435 on: March 01, 2012, 12:09:49 pm »

This subroutine is sitting this one out.

The soft purr of electricity is heard as 6686.miracle.matrix.x shuts itself down.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 01, 2012, 12:27:14 pm »

Also I'm a devout athiest so this discussion may not be the best for me to partake in. I don't really know what we should do with all of them.
Devout atheism is a religion.  The basic idea of that religion is the belief( Can't prove it ) that god doesn't excist.
I'm from the heavingly secularized Europe, probably some kind of semi atheist/Christian. Don't believe that God excist, nor that he doesn't. He might, but it's probably not important.

Anyway, in order to prevent this thing from going offtopic, is everyone oK with using the Universal declaration  of human rights as guidebook. ( Just for this thing though , not everywhere)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 01, 2012, 12:28:48 pm »

Also I'm a devout athiest so this discussion may not be the best for me to partake in. I don't really know what we should do with all of them.
Devout atheism is a religion.  The basic idea of that religion is the belief( Can't prove it ) that god doesn't excist.
I'm from the heavingly secularized Europe, probably some kind of semi atheist/Christian. Don't believe that God excist, nor that he doesn't. He might, but it's probably not important.

Anyway, in order to prevent this thing from going offtopic, is everyone oK with using the Universal declaration  of human rights as guidebook. ( Just for this thing though , not everywhere)

Not going to argue. Generally it is considered not a religion where I am from. I would not mind using it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 01, 2012, 12:34:30 pm »

Not going to argue. Generally it is considered not a religion where I am from. I would not mind using it.
Well you have sincere atheism( Mostly people who don't care who believes what but don't believe themselves) and then the fundamental atheists, who want to see any type of religion gone, while they don't notice they formed one themselves.

Stopping about it since I don't want to derail nor do I want to set off a religious flame war.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 01, 2012, 12:37:34 pm »

This subroutine is sitting this one out.

The soft purr of electricity is heard as 6686.miracle.matrix.x shuts itself down.
Dont cut yourself short. Your input in this, whether bias or unbias, is as valuable, even more so in some cases due to you looking outside the need for religion for whatever reason you feel the need to do so.

knowledge and restriction is what I support.

Might I reccomend:

1.looking through the database for data on history in regards to religion through the eyes of multiple cultures and religion including those opposed/for to it.
2. producing a book (with human aid) on the data (make it as unbiased as possible)
3. teaching classes based on that book
4. allow the building of the chapel
5. Restrict the access of more hazardous resources during religious practices. Nothing that can cause major physical or psychological harm to those inside or outside the religion.

DO NOT Restrict Religion. The only thing that will happen is the radicalization of their beliefs. What you can try to do is to try to gently nudge them towards peacefullness. As long as people/ believers don't feel threathened, nothing really bad will happen.

I dont mean for the sake of restricting religion itself. How about this. The religion must not bring any physical or mental harm to the fellow colonist. It shouldn't restrict its growth, just any negative and harmful impacts.

Or that.

edit someone please compile this into a command.

Ideas for teams:

EDE: Work on Troubleshooting ways to communicate with the birds without risking any more lives. Like watching how they communicate with each other and setting a database filled with their language and what each sound/symbol might mean.

IDE: The whole chapel and religion thing. Increase brewery output and decrease education/work (human labor) time by 20% each. Note it as a sympathetic response to the grievance of the colony.

MD: Focus on upping defenses around the station and the colonies.

RD: Work on decoding the file. Or come up with other means of communication.

side idea: Why don't we make a physical station at the halfway point between the Moons and us. make it so that the whole station is divided in half by a transparent wall and so that each half of the station can have separate atmospheres that never mix.

I think the solution to our communication problems will only be fixed by contact through analog means. We need to send them things to retrieve. Things that even children can manipulate and create. but also things that show concrete evidence of our intelligence and our peacefulness.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:11:30 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 01, 2012, 01:15:50 pm »

Actually the MD is working on defenses.We need the research team tho for the defense tech

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 01, 2012, 01:16:34 pm »

Actually the MD is working on defenses.We need the research team tho for the defense tech

Oh, I didnt notice.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 01, 2012, 01:19:22 pm »

Well for starters we are pretty much continuing Nikola Tesla's legacy.We need a beam that makes the victim attract electricity at a high rate.Add in big tesla coils and give them Tesla death.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 01, 2012, 01:20:56 pm »

Well for starters we are pretty much continuing Nikola Tesla's legacy.We need a beam that makes the victim attract electricity at a high rate.Add in big tesla coils and give them Tesla death.
The R.D. team has other priorities than what you want it to do. See submitted and completly ignored list. I don't like the fact that you just decided to let them do whatever you want without having a consensus. Or any kind of agreement really.

-Continue the algae management plan
        -Use a retrovirus to modify the excisting algae to be easier to use. ( Ie Less focus on growth, more focus on easiness of being refined)

-Check what the future climate of Aries will be ( Ie calculate future oceans location/ rainshadows and such)
       - Seed planet with cyanobacteria and other to create a stable microenvironnement
       - Place plants in relevant future biomes( No Rainforests in futuree deserts and such)
       - Find a piece of to be flooded land that hasn't flooded yet and place a hydroelectrical power plant there

- Tech
      -Quantum computing
      -Nano assemblers
      -Strong magnetic generators( For magnetic anti rad fields, Microparticle shields bullet deflection, and cloacking ships)
      -Work on nuclear fusion. ( We have giant laser lenses, this should be trivial)
      - Design a very strong pod to locate the Uv senders.
      -If we have time and we really need to: Continue with the improbable and probably impossible Tesla beam.

Note: This thing hasn't got a consensus either, but at least it got 33% of the votes and everyone else withholded.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:23:48 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 01, 2012, 01:24:30 pm »

Oh for your information dumbass.I am the only active military .
No other of them posted.
So what consensus ?
Check your area of expertise while i check mine

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 01, 2012, 01:28:09 pm »

The R.D. team has other priorities than what you want it to do. See submitted and completly ignored list. I don't like the fact that you just decided to let them do whatever you want without having a consensus. Or any kind of agreement really.
Spoiler: The Ultimate evil plan (click to show/hide)

Sorry. i am human and subject to imperfection. Such as looking at things and forgetting what we are talking about. Like now. What are we- Oh right. Your list I ignored. Making a thing for that now.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 01, 2012, 01:33:43 pm »

As I understand it each group makes ideas with the resources and ech we have available. If the tech isn't available it is pitched to RD and they add it to a list of things in order of importance. The list can be modified if the thing you pitch is more important than some things.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 01, 2012, 01:34:37 pm »

Oh for your information dumbass.I am the only active military .
No other of them posted.
So what consensus ?
Check your area of expertise while i check mine
I check my area of expertise which is research. The same research people you have been giving orders while you ignored whatever they where planning to do. Even though you want them to do militairy research that doesn't mean they are militairy and therefore yours to command.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:12 pm »

I remember planetary defense being a top priority currently.Would you rather wear a t-shirt and no pants or would you rather wear pants and no t-shirt ?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 01, 2012, 01:39:40 pm »

Spoiler: EDE (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IDE (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RD (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 117