Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 266736 times)

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2012, 09:29:16 pm »

It would be awesome if at the end Nganuz turned into a zombie and confronted Vanod for one last epic duel, and in the end Vanod jumped on it and they both went in a lava pit :3

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:15 pm »

I'm posting to watch. Dear god this is Hilarious and Epic... It's Hilaripic!

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2012, 10:29:01 pm »

PTW

Seriously, this is some badass character you got here

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2012, 12:00:52 am »

Wait a moment....

I think I know this story.

A young blond human, the last of his kind, in a amazingly hostile world filled with strange and savage creatures, who travels around seeking ruins and places that might have been inhabited long ago?

Aaaadventure Time!

Or Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth. Except, not a boy.

Again, this thread is the best one ever. This has to be achieved.

Do you mean archived?

Peasants whack rocks together to make them sharp then throw them at rabbits until they kill one, then make it supper.  Then they train for long grueling weeks, wrestling the local fluffy wamblers, hoping that one day, one day... they too, will have their moment of glory.

In the meantime, if a damn lion shows up, you will run the hell away from it.  Small steps.  Maybe start with a badger.
No, it's not that bad. You just have to play smart instead of rambo style as demigod.

Does "playing smart" mean anything besides lots of grinding against very weak enemies and abusing cheesy AI exploits (like how if you're more than three vertical or horizontal away from someone in and hiding, ranged attacks can kill them with impunity)?

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2012, 12:24:22 am »

This is truly beyond epic!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2012, 03:28:13 am »

I really, really, really want this world.

Arthandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2012, 03:35:18 am »

You can't paly 'rambo style' in dwarf fortress anyway: the RNG hates those movies and anyone that disagrees with it.
You say that you can't play DF rambo style in a thread where a naked human clears cyclop's lair and slays hill titans with just a spear and then drinks their blood while searching for something other to kill...

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2012, 04:09:21 am »

You can't paly 'rambo style' in dwarf fortress anyway: the RNG hates those movies and anyone that disagrees with it.
You say that you can't play DF rambo style in a thread where a naked human clears cyclop's lair and slays hill titans with just a spear and then drinks their blood while searching for something other to kill...

I don't think you realize how much dodging, running away, healing, running back, dodging, running away, healing, etc etc etc I do. I don't include it because it's not entertaining. Why don't you go play your way more awesome and fun Peasant mode and leave this thread to people who are entertained by it? You don't seem to be having much fun here. :T
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2012, 04:59:04 am »

So I ran at it, threw my good ole large dagger at it, clipped it in the chest, and it charged me. 'hmmph stupid deer *slashes at deer's front left leg* *miss* *deer counterstrike* *deer gores you in the head* 'WHAT!?! Oh I'm still alive I'll be fine.' *stab at deer's head* *miss* 'oh...' *counterstrike* 'Fuck...' *deer strikes you in the neck with front left hoof* *you have been struck down* '... A deer!?'

A deer? Yup. I basically never take on deer, horses, or elk. ESPECIALLY not in a crowd. Wolves are fine, and I've figured out that camels and ostriches are pretty harmless, too. Even hippos! But a deer? Eep o_o.

I'm pretty sure by now that the issue is a combination of many hooved critters being larger than you (knockdown >_<), being fast (and hence getting lots of actions), and, well, having hooves, which are way better at getting through armor and flesh to hit bones than camel/hippo feet.

Impalas and ibexes are safe, though. But, they're also small enough that I can choke them for wrestling practice, which I'm guessing is why I can take them out without dying.

And just so it doesn't sound like I'm ignoring the story: glory to Vanod, man of the badass achievements, even as a demigod!

Arthandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2012, 05:20:30 am »

I don't think you realize how much dodging, running away, healing, running back, dodging, running away, healing, etc etc etc I do. I don't include it because it's not entertaining. Why don't you go play your way more awesome and fun Peasant mode and leave this thread to people who are entertained by it? You don't seem to be having much fun here. :T
According to your narrative and logs there is not much running and healing so don't be surprised that I don't realize it. And why should I leave this thread? I have the right to post here only if I want to write how badass you are? Like I wrote in my first post, your story IS entertaining and your art is awesome but it would be more impressing if you didn't start a demigod. This is only MY opinion and nobody have to agree with it.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:17 am »

According to your narrative and logs there is not much running and healing so don't be surprised that I don't realize it. And why should I leave this thread? I have the right to post here only if I want to write how badass you are? Like I wrote in my first post, your story IS entertaining and your art is awesome but it would be more impressing if you didn't start a demigod. This is only MY opinion and nobody have to agree with it.

Please don't sully this with a flame war. This goes for anyone. Don't reply or quote this post, please, even if you agree.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2012, 05:33:13 am »

I really do want the world save :O

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Rosomack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2012, 05:36:59 am »

My greatest problem seems to be protecting my head - I have a bronze cap on, then an iron helm and a zombie punches me in the head and one-shots me? Pretty insane...

My greatest nemesis seems to be the two-humped camel - I already lost three promising adventurers to a well placed kick in the head. Here's a question - does armor user increase the chance to successfully make an armor save, or just decreases armor encumbrance?

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:23 am »

hey arthandas, i think you should make a similar world where its all evil biome on a really small island inhabited by only the harder to kill mobs, and then start as a peasant and see how long you last grinding your skills and stuff up with no safe places to do so.

also firefox is trying to correct your name to "handcarts" so i think that should be your new name from now on.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2012, 08:46:09 am »

Astounding thread, and I am truly envious of your drawing abilities.
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39