Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: [Succ. 34.11+] Watchedgleam (necro-, demon- and vampire-con; free elf-delivery!)  (Read 80723 times)

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Downloading the save now sir.

this will not be fun. You may of lost half the fort, I'm expecting to lose the rest. I'll probably just focus on getting migrants and clearing ghosts, don't expect much military or architectural progress from me, even though I said I'd work on minecarts.

Did you put notes on the bridge levers?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:49:43 pm by Twangykid »

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am afraid unpausing will cause the whole fucking fortress to fall apart.

First thoughts of the fortress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hey I thought I was mayor, what gives?!

Random friendly? ok.

BEES DO NOT NEED MECHANICS.

Is this...

is this a duck stockpile?

Sick bastards.

OW RIGHT IN THE SANITY
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:42:47 pm by Twangykid »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

The cave swallow woman probably killed a FB for you, so she's automatically friendly and will now defend Watchedgleam from any underground attackers.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I just noticed she had forgotten beast extract on her.

Zargodia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A bee mechanic!? that is almost as weird as the room that didn't exist in Headshoots

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's now a bee mason. Fuck beekeepers.
Sorry aussie.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How interesting, Archereon is the only ex-overseer who hasn't kicked the bucket. It would seem all IS going according to plan.
Edit: And Belmondo too. Looks like someone kicked him out of the military.

Speaking of sick bastards, there's a cage with 6 stray dogs crammed into it situated in the main entry hallway. Which is now Depot Inaccessible since traps block wagons now :[
And 13 murder cases on the Justice tab that have gone uninvestigated. Including those of Tryrar, Dariush, and Will Tuna.

Whatever you do, make sure that you finish the walling off of the atom smasher entrance before any siegers get the chance to sneak inside the fortress. Last overseer tried to construct the wall in a diagonal passage, but last I checked diagonal tiles do not count as adjacent spaces.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reason Wet was having trouble freeing you from prison is because he forgot to unlock the door :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:03:19 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile

I am afraid unpausing will cause the whole fucking fortress to fall apart.
How so? There are no external threats outside the caves.

And 13 murder cases on the Justice tab that have gone uninvestigated. Including those of Tryrar, Dariush, and Will Tuna.

Is this Tryrar 1 or 2? I know 1 was killed by a vampire, but I think two was fooling around outside and was killed by undead.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reason Wet was having trouble freeing you from prison is because he forgot to unlock the door :P

That might be why.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this Tryrar 1 or 2? I know 1 was killed by a vampire, but I think two was fooling around outside and was killed by undead.
Which one do you think counts as murder? You didn't address a single one of the vampire drainings, and at this point there's not much we can do about them since all of the obvious perpetrators are dead :P

So I freed Twangy from prison and tested out the new follow function by watching him stumble throughout the fortress at 1/8 the speed of everyone else. It was pretty surreal. Also in this alternate universe, there was a hilarious elven siege that I did nothing to stop (I even removed all the traps beforehand), but our skeleton crew of 4 soldiers managed to randomly bump into and kill every elf+mount that managed to get inside the fortress. Zargodia got 19 notable kills and earned a title (The Dead Weight of Stability), Empfan won a fistfight with a giant wolverine, and Anti-Paragon made an artifact ring called "The Sunny Smiles"

I then pinned all the murders on Archereon just to see how bad he'd get it. 2624 days in prison, but he took it surprisingly well. It's probably safer in prison, anyway (not to mention the bedrooms are nicer ::) )
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:46:48 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog

Edit: And Belmondo too. Looks like someone kicked him out of the military.
Wait...you're right, he is actually still alive... *edits the list*
Okay, scratch my redorf for now. But why was he removed from the military? Something is fishy... =O

But hey, the fortress doesn't look that bad...we just need some more migrants, that's all.

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy fuck this fortress is in a state of total fucking disarray, yet they locked their mayor in a fucking cell! Not even a comfy cell. A fucking 2x3 shithole. They think I'm depressed? No shit I am! They didn't even leave me a peasant or anything!

Some asshole took my spot as mayor! I swear, I'll kill that guy.
Going through our job roster, I see a bee keeper.

Yes. A fucking bee keeper.

Sorry to burst your bee-fueled boner but we don't need, or HAVE bees here. What we DO need, is a fucking fix to these ghosts. This place is as miserable as a fucking graveyard, and not just because it is a vampire jail. Have fun being a mason, mister aussieevil.

I also got a messenger to tell our animal dissector that he is now a mason.
Sick bastard, and thats coming from a vampire.

2 Fish cleaners? Fuck you. The lesser of the two is now a mason.

Another joins me in the depths of insanity.

I just noticed we have like 50 water wheels.

Hooked up to FUCKING NOTHING.

we have like

50 injured dogs running around. We need a vet or something.

How droll.

Oh how I miss you, {dwarven beer}.

This was a productive month.

Felcis

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes his war leopard, rawr~
    • View Profile
    • RadicalFishGames DevLog

Is everything working out for you Twangy? It seems like the summer is slowing down all the DF succession games latley.

I think it's funny how we have those awesome water wheel power plant, but no one is using it by finishing the pump stack.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lemme guess, you didn't close up the atom smasher like I said, and everyone died.

Sorry I'm not around to offer emotional support, I've been pretty busy :]

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...........hello? Anyone here? *chirping crickets* HELLLOOOOO? ECHO! *ECHO!*
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile

Hmm. Where's Twangykid?

I also realized why the bridge-filled entrance wasn't working as planned. I accidentally built them all as "retracting", not raising. But it turned out fine anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30