Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Catacombs  (Read 3523 times)

blah_1123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Catacombs
« on: February 18, 2012, 03:19:05 pm »

What might one find in them?
I reccomend letting him go nuts, though.  If he goes berserk, free target practice for your military!  If he doesn't, raving naked bedridden dwarf!

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catacombs
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:41:03 pm »

Weapons, usually copper, iron and silver, bandits, and gems, lots of gems!

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:46:40 pm »

I found a few skeletons and then got my ass handed to me by a swordsman. He came up out of a floor-hatch, and I made him dodge back into it, so he fell down I guess. Figured he was just some scrub so I went after him, but from what I can surmise, he tore open my leg from below before I could go down, and then ripped me to pieces. :x

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 03:52:48 pm »

Those places under keeps? You find all sorts of things under them. I found various bits of copper and iron armor in a random room, then right next door I open the door and get hit by a hail of tower-cap blowdarts shot by rodent men (all of which deflected off my wool clothing). I cleared out the rodent men including their overlord and got a lot of stuff to sell.

Another time, I went down the stairs, opened a door then had a sword rammed into my gut by a bandit. I was stabbed over and over then bled to death.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »

I found PILES of gems, enough to make me rich, then I went into the next room and got zerg rushed by a bunch of bandits.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »

I found more gems than I could carry (started as human outsider so was carrying a bag in one hand, could NOT find a backpack in stores, but not sure if that affects how much I could carry, but I got about 1500 for them, or was it 15000? 100 or so gold coins, can't remember the conversion rate). Also, the whole town had just silver, and it was the same in the catacombs. I found 1 or 2 copper weapons on goblins, who were everywhere, but mostly silver swords  and axes and spears, etc.

Found an armor cache but that was in the main keep. I went down to train in preparation of killing the human law giver, who everyone told me was a vampire and asked me to kill.

I had to alt-y confirm each attack on her for some reason. She would only counterattack. Was very disappointing after hours of fun goblin killin'

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 04:56:15 pm »

I found more gems than I could carry (started as human outsider so was carrying a bag in one hand, could NOT find a backpack in stores, but not sure if that affects how much I could carry, but I got about 1500 for them, or was it 15000? 100 or so gold coins, can't remember the conversion rate). Also, the whole town had just silver, and it was the same in the catacombs. I found 1 or 2 copper weapons on goblins, who were everywhere, but mostly silver swords  and axes and spears, etc.

Found an armor cache but that was in the main keep. I went down to train in preparation of killing the human law giver, who everyone told me was a vampire and asked me to kill.

I had to alt-y confirm each attack on her for some reason. She would only counterattack. Was very disappointing after hours of fun goblin killin'

You have to talk to her and call her out as a night creature, then she will fight you and anybody else in the area.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 05:30:14 pm »

You have to talk to her and call her out as a night creature, then she will fight you and anybody else in the area.

Yeah I did and she was all like "i'ma kill you" and started a fight with my 2 buds, but I constantly had to alt-y her. At one point she called out again as if she were the target of a quest "i am so and so, prepare to die" and then still wouldn't attack me except as a counter attack.

I think it still may be the human outsider thing, I am often ambushed by people who are not hostile to me.

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 06:27:25 pm »

Yeah I did and she was all like "i'ma kill you" and started a fight with my 2 buds, but I constantly had to alt-y her. At one point she called out again as if she were the target of a quest "i am so and so, prepare to die" and then still wouldn't attack me except as a counter attack.

I think it still may be the human outsider thing, I am often ambushed by people who are not hostile to me.

Alternately, have you become a necromancer? Vampires are neutral to necros.