Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.02 Released  (Read 72260 times)

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.02 Released
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2012, 03:59:50 pm »

Fix grounded winged pets!  I want my giant eagles to fly again!  (Didn't someone say it was just 1 line of code that was wrong?)

Edit: I can't believe how dickish my post sounds.  I'm terribly sorry for my behaviour.  Thank you for all the work and bug fixes, especially the older ones!  I look forward to big releases just for the fixes in older bugs.  :D
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 06:13:08 pm »

Thanks for bugfixes!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2012, 09:50:38 pm »

Wow, that was fast.
THanks a lot for the fixes.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2012, 10:37:36 pm »

Smooth sailing with this version so far.

Oh, one thing I noticed: When you do J-M and then type your two word search query in too quickly, it will not update the list correctly. Showing too many items that do not meet one of the two criteria.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:14 pm »

Great by the way are giant sponges supposed to get enraged and pull dwarfs into the river?
Of course they are.
Giant sponges are a Lovecraftian horror.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

tassel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2012, 07:43:42 am »

Thank gods for the incompatibility, i had like 3 pieces of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in my map, total.

Trying to play it HC.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2012, 08:23:25 am »

Are necromancers supposed to be able to siege below 80 dwarves? Doesn't seem right. Not sure if bug :/ I've also heard of weres invading before 80 dwarves.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

darklord1120

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2012, 11:24:44 am »

I'm glad you fixed the conversation crash.

It only happened to me on worlds i created yesterday, when i went on the game today they all went bugged and caused crashes whenever i try to talk to people. Making a new world fixed it tho, but.. it's still very annoying to have to keep making new worlds.

guebstrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:05 pm »

Speaking of vampires and infant mortality in fort mode, I think I have a few vampires living in my fort and they mostly feed on the children. I now believe that my current, longtime mayor is a vampire. But he is also a master marksman and has single-handedly saved the fort on more than one occasion. Cheers!
He is the former holy fungus of The Fellowship of Hell

Johnnyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »

Any word on fixing vampires? (They show up much too often, and are very difficult to identify)

Unless this is intentional, in which case, could we get a way to set how often they appear upon world generation? (The way they are now makes FUN no longer fun, but thats just IMHO.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:09:01 pm by Johnnyr »

Squidpalace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2012, 06:45:15 pm »

Any word on fixing vampires? (They show up much too often, and are very difficult to identify)

Unless this is intentional, in which case, could we get a way to set how often they appear upon world generation? (The way they are now makes FUN no longer fun, but thats just IMHO.)

??? They are too easy to spot in my opinion. Little giveaways like never eating, sleeping or drinking and a very long, vagabond-style life will leave clues if you can puzzle out where to find them. Alternatively, you can commission a lot of statues or engravings, the dwarven shared subconscious knows from day one who the vampire is.

Johnnyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

??? They are too easy to spot in my opinion. Little giveaways like never eating, sleeping or drinking and a very long, vagabond-style life will leave clues if you can puzzle out where to find them. Alternatively, you can commission a lot of statues or engravings, the dwarven shared subconscious knows from day one who the vampire is.

Maybe if you have 10 dwarves, but with 150 your tearing your hair out, and not in a good way. They are way, way too common, and at the very least we should be able to say how often they appear, or even to remove them altogether.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2012, 12:25:17 am »

"changed which civilized critters will move to which trade partner sites in world gen"'

What does this mean? ._.

JimiD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2012, 04:08:21 am »

Quote from: Johnnyr
Maybe if you have 10 dwarves, but with 150 your tearing your hair out, and not in a good way. They are way, way too common, and at the very least we should be able to say how often they appear, or even to remove them altogether.

There is sn option in World Gen to reduce the number, or set it to 0.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2012, 04:43:52 am »

why the hell did my 2 miners jump down a waterfall?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9