Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 17617 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord-Suggestion Game
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2012, 12:00:00 pm »

Yourfears, are you planning on hopping in too?

was actually here b4 ya just put me support behind ideas i approved of with +1 and stuff. haven't had a reason to throw any ideas out yours have been pretty identical to mine and without opposition so support wasn't needed.

I meant if we could roll characters.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2012, 07:58:44 pm »

Yourfears, are you planning on hopping in too?

was actually here b4 ya just put me support behind ideas i approved of with +1 and stuff. haven't had a reason to throw any ideas out yours have been pretty identical to mine and without opposition so support wasn't needed.

I meant if we could roll characters.

meh
voice of evil reason

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2012, 07:59:56 pm »

Sorry, no multiple characters.  This isn't an RTD.  If you do want to RP, even if it has no effect on the story...would you like to create some background for the lieutenants?  I probably won't reference it much, unless I do an update from one of their POV. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2012, 08:03:15 pm »

Dangit. Aw well. Hey, I'm going to sit this turn out. Let someone else play for a bit.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2012, 10:27:45 am »

Welp, I've essentially lost 50% percent of my viewers.

The food situation is getting serious.  Gathering what bows you have you manage to equip only 200 men, to go on a hunting party.  At least you'll have more men to guard the camp.  The men set off with no celebration, stoic as ever.  Hopefully they'll gather enough food to keep most of you from starving. 

It is quiet.  Not many decisions to be made.  The female slaves are looking pretty restless, each one realizing that even if you could draw your sword, they could corner you and snap your neck if they all mobbed you.  See, it's that sort of paranoid thinking that got you this position as a warlord in the first place.

Gathering your four physically most powerful and imposing men, you declare them to be your personal honor guard.  That should dissuade any conventional assassination attempts. 

Wow, so little to do, no point except to rest.  By the time the hunters come back, and the palisades are finished, then you're gonna need to resume work.  You settle on a simple mat, to sleep, surrounded by your alert honor guard, when suddenly...

"The enemy!  The enemy are here!" shouts one guard before getting shot by an arrow through the neck. 

The raiding party!  Curses!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2012, 03:57:45 pm »

restore the order b4 chaos ensues.

focus on keeping your men behind the sections of the palisade alrdy in place to keep out of the archers sight.

wait for the enemy to close in b4 engaging
voice of evil reason

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:48 pm »

restore the order b4 chaos ensues.

focus on keeping your men behind the sections of the palisade alrdy in place to keep out of the archers sight.

wait for the enemy to close in b4 engaging
+1
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 10:15:17 am »

A quick turn.

The enemy is here.  Your men were just about to sleep, a single bark from you snaps those nearby awake.  That's the purpose of unquestioning discipline.  Almost instant reaction to your orders.  The enemy appear to be marching towards you, men with swords, shields and axes in the front.  Crude stuff, but dangerous, if your men slip up.

A shout from one of your unranked lieutenants makes you look up.  A volley of arrows, just a preliminary shot, sails above your head.  It hits the middle of your men's ranks, causing some to fall.  No sense wasting time to get their bodies.  It's time for battle.

They have archers, they have the advantage of all skirmishers.  The ditch will slow the main vanguard of infantry down, but your palisades are only partly down.  Gritting your teeth, you order your men to form up in a straight, solid line just behind the skeletal wooden wall, in 3 rows..  "Shields up!" you bark.  As one, your men raise their leather shields and draw their swords. 

You smile, darkly.  The enemy look to have greater numbers, but they were foolish in only attacking from one direction, when they have so many men.  And what good are numbers, when against men of superior discipline, leadership, and caliber.  The odds are somewhat against you.  Can you beat them?

Battle Stats

You:
680 heavy infantry.  7 dead.  Posted behind palisades with shield's ready to take arrows. 
4 honor guard, posted by your side.
5 lieutenants, interspersed in your men's ranks, ready to fight.
You, behind main line. 

Enemy: About 1000ish ( can't tell from you're position ), About 800 light infantry, the rest archers.  May be more enemies in the area. 

Anyone have a battle plan? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 04:42:32 pm »

Have about 40 men of yours start moving the slaves into the back of the camp, away from the enemy, have another 20 scout the surrounding area, seeing if there's anymore enemy's near by. As for yourself, take up a post in the main line, fight with your men and show them what leadership means. Your main line shall hold until the enemy is with in throwing axe range(about 20 feet), and then you shall charge!!!!!
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 04:58:10 pm »

My suggestion is have your men gather behind the walls and wait for the enemy to break down the gate and as they rush in flank them from each side. If they don't take the bate then open the gate and have a feign charge run at them with about 200 men while the rest flank the gate behind the walls, then retreat back into the fortress through the gate leading them into your flank trap. as well as gathering the slaves and putting them in back. I think the scouting best be done after the main fighting.

> Ask someone on higher ground or standing on a second floor (if there is no one then order someone to climb a building) if they can get the layout of their ranks if there is any. I'm not expecting any formation since they are barbarians and all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:05:13 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »

Move to a defensible position where we can limit how many enemies can fight.  They have light infantry, so their main advantage is numbers.  If we can reduce that advantage as much as possible, we will crush them.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 06:41:18 pm »

/\ Yup. That's the plan. /\

> Have the men formed along the inner wall raise their shields above their heads, to block high arcing arrows shot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 06:45:18 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 05:17:33 am »

Move to a defensible position where we can limit how many enemies can fight.  They have light infantry, so their main advantage is numbers.  If we can reduce that advantage as much as possible, we will crush them.

Exactly what is the defensible position?  The area is mostly flat, lots of trees.  The half-done palisade and ditch will help, but not force them into a bottleneck. 

I'm liking the brainstorming here, just asking for some specifications. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 06:08:44 am »

Meh, I'll just assume it's behind the palisade, like normal.

Your men are on guard, but the arrows could be a problem.  "Shields higher!  Protect your faces, you dogs!".  Like well trained dogs they obey, and they have this rather awkward position where their torso is unprotected and their faces are almost completely covered, but not to the point where they can't see. 

The enemy advances.  The archers are just behind the infantry of the enemy, which may be good or bad.  They can't see through their own men, and so their line of site is limited.  On the other hand, if they fire and hit your troops' line, the concentrated force of arrows is gonna do damage.  You hope the shields of your soldiers stand firm.

Battle is just about to commence.  Too late for any tactical maneuvering.  You just hope the ditch will slow the enemy enough for your soldiers to butcher them as they crawl out. 

With a savage roar, the enemy warriors break into a run.  This would have fazed any other army.  Not your soldiers though.  The fear of anything except their master was drilled out of them.  You're glad to see that they lowered their shields to fighting position.  At least your brainwashed troops have some common sense. 

The warriors on the other side pause for a second when they notice the ditch, it slows their momentum considerably.  Good.  With their animalistic, predatory gazes never leaving your men, they cautiously approach.  As the first few dozen men get up from the ditch, that's when your men charge. 

The enemy warriors recoil, as if they saw statues come to life.  They must have thought they were fighting inanimate objects, the way your men stood at the ready.  Still, despite their shock, their overwhelming numbers give them courage.  They hammer at your men, who still stand firm, but cannot fight their way out of such a mess.  Both sides push at each other, like some gigantic pushing contest.  Even though your men are killing more, there are just too many.  And the enemy's morale certainly isn't breaking anytime soon, unless you do something.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 06:30:49 am »

> Send some women and children to even out the odds. We need less people eating our rations anyway.

> Let some of your spearmen assume te phalanx formation if they haven't done so. That means they also need a shield, so arm them with those too.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13