Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 879870 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #3540 on: December 13, 2012, 07:15:19 pm »

If he is not too injured it's not a problem and he will maybe heal or maybe not. Sometimes they just take a crutch and continue hunting and it works out. If he needs treatment he will go to the hospital himself or pass out and get rescued again.
If he spams "too injured" you can disable his jobs temporarily, but that will not make him "rest".

bigbru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: December 14, 2012, 06:29:05 am »

Hi, just a little question : Is there a way to assign bedrooms without doing it one per one ?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:07 am »

Hi, just a little question : Is there a way to assign bedrooms without doing it one per one ?

If you just make a room into a bedroom without assigning it to a dwarf, they will claim them themselves. The downside is that you can't control who gets what room, if you want to have control over that. There is no fast way to make multiple rooms into bedrooms though.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: December 14, 2012, 11:55:23 am »

Job: Store Item in Hospital

I no longer have a hospital, its been a year or two, since I removed the hospital activity zone, beds, chests, tables, etc..  The well dried up.  Yet this job Store Item in Hospital is lingering in the job list.  r, to remove does nothing.  When I view the 30 some jobs with this name, they refer to thread and cloth hauling... That cloth may have been used up by my tailor.  Not sure.

Well, here is what I have tried.  Repainting the activity zone, and zeroing the stock of these things in Hospital surplus menus.  No good. 

I dunno what next to try, is there a DFhack to forcibly remove unremovable jobs?
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: December 14, 2012, 01:26:44 pm »

Can you check to see what item is involved in the non-existant job? Removing the item might trigger the job's removal.

And as for DFHack, no, I don't know of any commands that can remove jobs, though there might be one that I just don't know about.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: December 14, 2012, 02:16:15 pm »

Store item in Hospital                     Inactive

Urist Haulsgood isn't listed to the right beside any of them.

I view the first few jobs of them with v, and see these items,
-----------------------
Moose Soap
Goose Soap
Water Buffalo Soap
Brown Recluse Spider Silk Cloth
Brown Recluse Spider Silk Cloth
(Rope Reed Fiber Cloth)
(Sheep Wool Cloth)

There is no option to view the items, or go to where they maybe stored at.  This has gotta be playing tricks with the pathfinding, AI and FPS, however when tasks are targeted and hit cancel.  Nothing happens, to reset the list. 

Do you think forbidding all the possible chests, coffers, etc..  containers, might do the trick?  Or cause more unremovable jobs?
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: December 14, 2012, 02:29:52 pm »

I proceeded to forbid, soap, thread, cloth, buckets and boxes and bags.  Letting game progress some, now to see if the jobs clear away.  Will have results in a bit.

==========  Thanks for the ProTip I2amroy!  Hoorah!  ===========

That worked.  Not sure which forbid did the trick, but I recieved a few cancels of unrelated tasks, like hauling water to thirsty dwarfs, and weaving, and such, then I gave it 5min to run its course, then reopened jobs and the 30+ phantom jobs are gone! 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:40:26 pm by knutor »

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: December 14, 2012, 05:44:05 pm »

Is there anything like, I don't know, DF creative mode? A way to build with infinite resources and everything completing instantly? I want to test something out (dwarven stone shotgun - it's deadly, useless and totally inhuman. That means it's totally dorfish.) but building it with would take about 3 REAL weeks... And yet, I don't have any idea will it work.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: December 14, 2012, 05:49:12 pm »

Not directly, but you can mod dwarves to have incredible speed (I think it's just a matter of setting [SPEED:0] in the raws), and you can turn off invaders in the init file.  That's pretty close.  The only other concern is to maybe up the points a lot in advanced worldgen and just embark with a ton of stuff.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: December 14, 2012, 07:38:55 pm »

Is there anything like, I don't know, DF creative mode? A way to build with infinite resources and everything completing instantly?
DFHack has the fastdwarf command, which can both boost your dwarves' overall speed and make them move instantly to their job location. Also it has the siren command, which wakes the sleeping and pulls dwarves off break. There's also something that removes negative thoughts. Raw-wise, you can add the no-eat / no-sleep / no-drink tags, add natural skills, increase attribute gain rates and turn off skill / attribute rust. You can also do custom reactions for spitting out raw materials in large quantities.

It's pretty easy to do with the only direct game alteration being turning invaders off. Get a dining room, get a dorm, and keep buying lots of cheese, sugar, and flour off the caravans to cook into roasts. For booze, have a couple of plots growing different things, and limit the size of the stockpile that takes them so that anything over what you need withers in the field instead of taking up stockpile space. External utilities will help -- DT can get children working on your project, and the aforementioned DFHack commands can stave off any unhappiness at the spartan living conditions and possible workplace accidents.

Do you have an established, stable, high-FPS fort you can use as a testing ground? I find those the best places for testing. Since the infrastructure is already in place, all you need to get stuff done quickly is fastdwarf.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: December 14, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »

Had my first siege ever just now. It went terribly. I had a row of cage traps in front of a drawbridge. I had hoped to get the goblins to entrap themselves, then to station my military at the other end of the drawbridge so as to engage the stragglers. However, the military just rushed the bridge, went topside, and got murdered.

Is it best to station military out of eyeshot of the siege so as to avoid this senseless brutality?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: December 14, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »

Why do animals wander out of their pens?

Haven't had the problem previously but this game I penned my horses (wagon draggers) above my fortress entrance.  Does having the pasture encompass multiple z-levels cause problems?  Or was it because it was mountain biome?

After having them wander off continuously for quite some time I moved the pens down to the forested and flat biome in front of my entrance.  No problems at all now.  But wondering for future reference if it is possible to put pens on sloped mountain biomes?  And if so how?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: December 14, 2012, 09:48:36 pm »

I find penned animals can get chased out by (for instance) enraged badger boars. I think this then produces an animal hauling job to bring them back.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: December 14, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »

I find penned animals can get chased out by (for instance) enraged badger boars. I think this then produces an animal hauling job to bring them back.

Yep.  Not in this case though.  No wild animals anywhere near.

One of my miners kept getting the animal hauling job (even though all hauling was turned off for her  :)) after digging out one or two tiles.  Every time the horse was still in the x,y of the pen but had changed z.  Seems to me the horse ignores the z but the check for penning does not.  So I tried adjusting my pens by deleting all the spurious x,y on different z levels (labourious...) but it seems that slopes sometimes count also as different z?  I gave up but wondered if I was misunderstanding or missing something.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: December 14, 2012, 11:03:18 pm »

I might be wrong and I can't check right now but I was under the impression that a pen zone is limited to a single z level. Maybe if the zone extends over a slope, the horses find themselves occupying a different z level when they walk onto the slope and get out that way. Less than ideal behaviour. Also, I've noticed that auto-animal hauling ignores hauling permissions, which is definitely a bug.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 422