Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 422

Author Topic: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread  (Read 882464 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2012v0.34 question and answer thread
« Reply #660 on: March 16, 2012, 10:20:36 am »

Yup, it happens.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 16, 2012, 01:51:30 pm »

@HD23-

The coffins say, human corpse, elf corpse, dorf corpse, etc..  They don't state a specific dorf, like they used to.  Haven't watched them closely enough to see if it was arms and legs.  They were burrowed for a full season, with gatehouse drawn, so I'm not even sure how they would have reached those body parts.  I'll keep an eye peeled, next time.  For the time being, I'm avoiding Tower neighbors, like the plague.  That swarm of undead is impossibly difficult, and those undead appear to goof up Therapist listing, making it list a bazillion empty named entities. 

I haven't got the patience to resocialize murdered nobles.  Now that socials are coming in blank, it really puts a new angle on the Company and Friendly attributes.  The odd thing, I noticed, and someone might want to mention it to Toady, or maybe someone has, is this:  The new init_ command Migrant listing while set to NO, switches to YES, if that migration includes a 'prowler of the night' vampire.  Ever notice that?  That's one bug, that has gotta be embarrassing to Toady.  Two new features in DIRECT conflict with one another.

I like the feature to 'cheat' in Therapist and identify cursed dorfs, its making Fortress play, playable for me.  Losing legendary sleeping dorfs out of the clear blue, is a little too harsh, especially in a well established and fortified fortress.  Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 16, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »

I lost my entire supply of cave wheat. I planted it at the end of the fall season. It switched to winter before any of them grew and the seeds all disapeared.

Bug #747.  Sorry to hear you lost your whole supply of cave wheat seeds that way.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 16, 2012, 05:11:03 pm »

of military and drinking and eating...

1 - Quite often my military have a need for a little snack or some beer, and they have backpack full or flask containing alcohol, yet they remain hungry/thirsty. Is it normal? Does a delay exists? Perhaps they wait to be super hungry before eating on duty? (yes this is on duty, in 'station' order).

2 - I have a load of quivers with arrows in them, or flask/waterskin with liquid which find themselves back to the stockpile. Is it a problem these items are not empty? Can they still be taken by others Dwarves, or they are screwed and good for the trash?

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 16, 2012, 07:01:53 pm »

If they are on a normal schedule, they will eat and drink as they feel hungry ot thirsty. If you have a station or kill order. They will ignore their urges until they become very hungry/thirsty.

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 16, 2012, 07:12:42 pm »

The rock throne will be built slowly, and be of poor quality, but it will be built.
What impact does a poorly made rock throne or other item have on gameplay?

I never bring along a mason with my seven original dorfs because I assign the majority of my dwarves into masonry work because I build defensive structures. If you want, keep an official mason if you want pretty furniture for the dorfs to look at, but that's about it.

As for my question: my adventurer turned into a vampire recently. It constantly says he's thirsty even after licking all that blood off himself. What's the deal with that?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 16, 2012, 07:17:15 pm »

licking blood won't help, you need to suck it from a living thing.

either a sleeping person, or an enemy that you made unconscious, either by choking or by make it pass out in pain. If it's a sleeping friendly, don't forget to sneak and sneak well.

Most of the time you will not kill someone you drink blood from. It depends on how thirsty you are and most creatures have more blood than you'll want to drink. Only things like birds and cavies and such will be drained easily.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:20:59 pm by Garath »
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 16, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »

licking blood won't help, you need to suck it from a living thing.

either a sleeping person, or an enemy that you made unconscious, either by choking or by make it pass out in pain. If it's a sleeping friendly, don't forget to sneak and sneak well.

Most of the time you will not kill someone you drink blood from. It depends on how thirsty you are and most creatures have more blood than you'll want to drink. Only things like birds and cavies and such will be drained easily.

Thanks but what's the command to drain them?

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 16, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »

When you're standing next to an unconcious thing, 'e' to eat, and the 'suck blood' option will show at the top of the list. As far as I know, though, not sucking blood doesn't do anything.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

HD23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 17, 2012, 09:14:30 am »

I sometimes get an immigrant with novice, competent or even high master UNKNOWN skill.

It shows up in therapist, but not in the game. Is this a therapist bug or what?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 17, 2012, 09:18:23 am »

beekeeping, or waxworker, is my guess. Used to have that in DF2010 too.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 17, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »

Those are showing, Garath.  That's that skill for Tactics or something.  Its a military skill, like Leadership, Teacher and School, that has no use in current version.  Old code or new code, on hiatus.  *shrug*  That's what I read, anyway.  I always look the otherway, when I see it. 

At first I thought it was something cool, like a skill for Thieving or Murdering.  Until I looked it up too.  Its supposed to be there, but it doesn't do anything.  He's got a tactician skill or something.  Probably something the AI uses against us during a fight, but we don't use vs them.  *shrug* 

Wait until you see what an undead Tower invasion does to Therapist, in 34.05!  OMG!  Big eyed bugaloos run rampant, then.  Take care, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 17, 2012, 12:47:18 pm »

Maybe some 'adventure mode' skills like throwing or knapping.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 17, 2012, 01:57:14 pm »

Are social skills on migrants back? before it was an indicator of possible vampires. If that still is, I got three in a wave of three.

Drecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
changing color
« Reply #674 on: March 17, 2012, 02:31:50 pm »

What does it means, if my dwarf changes lighter and darker color of himself (such as: my mason blinks white and light grey)?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 422