Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: You are rebuilding civilization ( Suggestion game) Suggestions Welcome.  (Read 66888 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

You can't build much weapons right now as you don't have the equipment to do it. Nor the knowhow, nor the resources. You don't have an supply of gunpowder or anyother explosive( Though if your present me a plan of how you're going to get away with it, I'll let you) You can't even forge metal right now.( Though you could try to use the welders(builder equimpment) to weld it in place)

In short, I'll let you get away with quite a lot of stuff if you can present me a beliefable plan on how you do it. But for now, just soldier actions and their positions really.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The plan seems to be shoot the monsters till they die.  As far as long term goes, we have access to a secret research lab.  If it's secret, that means it was military.  It probably has a backup generator somewhere, although I don't know if we could power it.  The lab might have something in there that would allow us to make some sort of polearms out of tools (I believe I allready said something about sythes and moving their blades to be parellel with the handle).  Beyond that, for melee weapons, we'll need materials, which probably means iron.  I don't think we have the resources for early gunpowder, and I'm almost positive we don't have the resources to make modern bullets.  If the dudes in the cars survive and turn out to not be assholes, we should ask them about their situation.  They have CARS, so chances are they have a base or something set up that is doing allright.  We might be able to move in with them at some point or vice versa.  Also, the guys here (including us) were workers at the lab right.  Unless we LIVED here, shouldn't we allready have some idea of our surroundings?
EDIT:  Another thing we should probably get is some sort of livestock.  They would provide meat, and we could use some of them to make biofuel (I saw this done on The Colony, which is a reality show for anyone who doesn't know that.  So it works).  Aditionally, I believe pig urine was used in the production of early gunpowder.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:31:24 pm by obolisk0430 »
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are rebuilding civilization ( Suggestion game) Diplomacy
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2012, 04:24:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Team A ( 6 armed soldiers): Team A takes up their position in the North East Watchtower
Team A' (10 armed soldiers): "Friendly soldiers that are helping you at the tower.
Team B (4 armed, 7 unarmed soldiers) : Team B take up their position next to the gates and prepare to open and close it
Team B' ( 5 unarmed soldiers): Assembling a heavy weapon
Team C (2 armed and 6 unarmed soldiers ) Team C  starts to patrol the fence.
Team D( 3 engineers): Helping heavy weapon assembly

Oh dammit, accidentally edited this post. Data recovered, but the fluff is gone.

To Do: Name the monstorities
Monstority C: 15/15 

Bunker/Fort:???: South America
Spoiler:  Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: People and livestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surroundings (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Stats(Combat system copied from adwarf with permission
-Normal people: 0 attack, 0 defense
-Soldiers: 2 Attack, 4 defense
-Gate: 0 Attack 4 Defense
-Fence: 0 attack 6 defense
-Antivehicle thingies: 2 Attack 0 defense
-Watchtower: 0 Attack: 8 defense
-Mutant ape: 1 Attack, 1 defense
-Armored Vehicle: 0 attack 6 Defense
-Giant mutant Animals: 6 Attack 8 Defense 15 hp

Spoiler:  Gm note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:55:59 pm by 10ebbor10 »

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never heard of a nuclear summer.  Kill the last monster.  Also, it's hard to name a monster if all you really tell us about it is that it has four legs and bone armour.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never heard of a nuclear summer.  Kill the last monster.  Also, it's hard to name a monster if all you really tell us about it is that it has four legs and bone armour.
They occur after nuclear winters, the numerous explosions, thousands of fires, etc. that blocked out the sun then fell, once that was done the sun could get through again. (With Greenhouse gasses about twice as numerous as before the war.)

I think thats a nuclear summer, not completely sure

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

They occur after nuclear winters, the numerous explosions, thousands of fires, etc. that blocked out the sun then fell, once that was done the sun could get through again. (With Greenhouse gasses about twice as numerous as before the war.)

I think thats a nuclear summer, not completely sure
Yup basically  a global nuclear aftermath goes like this

1. Explosion
2. Dust kicked up by the explosions makes the planed go dark. Radioactive dust rains across the planet. Global temperatures drop quickly.
3. Animals and plants die and are buried beneath the snow. Anorganic processes turn them into Ch4, also known as methane, a powerful greenhouse gas.
4. Dusts falls down, ice melts and methane is released. Temperatures skyrocket.
5. High temperatures cause more ice to melt, including the artic methane reserves.

While a Nuclear winter normally doesn't last very long, a  Nuclear summer can last for a long time, possibly forever. This is because the warming releases more greenhouse gasses, creating a feedback loop.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay.  Kill the monster.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ha, i knew 1/2 hour of electric power for the fence would be useful ..

Shoot at joints, perhaps any other visible weak spots (a blind a mamed moster would be easy to dispatch)
As for a name for these guys .. could we have slightly more detailed description - do they have fur, skin,scales? - do they have a tail (we know they have a tough back, and soft belly so far)

have a couple of un-armed soldiers see if they can assist the guys from the cars, and also ask if they have any other weapons which might hurt them.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

ha, i knew 1/2 hour of electric power for the fence would be useful ..

Shoot at joints, perhaps any other visible weak spots (a blind a mamed moster would be easy to dispatch)
As for a name for these guys .. could we have slightly more detailed description - do they have fur, skin,scales? - do they have a tail (we know they have a tough back, and soft belly so far)

have a couple of un-armed soldiers see if they can assist the guys from the cars, and also ask if they have any other weapons which might hurt them.
We haven't got any power for the fence, never got any in fact. Btw, I'm rolling the turn already, monster is dead.
Description:
Kinda large, few to no fur. Bone like obstrutions around the head and back. Kinda long tallons. Powerfull bite. Shape vagually familiar to large Felines. Good at running.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Team A ( 6 armed soldiers): Team A takes up their position in the North East Watchtower
Team A' (10 armed soldiers): "Friendly soldiers that are helping you at the tower.
Team B (4 armed, 7 unarmed soldiers) : Team B take up their position next to the gates and prepare to open and close it
Team B' ( 5 unarmed soldiers): Assembling a heavy weapon
Team C (2 armed and 6 unarmed soldiers ) Team C  starts to patrol the fence.
Team D( 3 engineers): Helping heavy weapon assembly

Your soldiers fire another salvo. All shots either miss or are deflected. The friendly soldiers in the tower decide to show you how it's done, and down the thing with a few volleys. They stay alert though, as if they were expecting more of them. The soldiers at the ground have loaded the weapon, but now that it seems there's nothing to fire it at they start to disassemble it. The other soldiers spread out around the perimeter, looking for more problems and to see if anything had come through.

Meanwhile a few others have exited the vehicle and are beginning to set up camp. The sun's setting already and who knows what's out their at night. Almost all the soldiers have left the tower, and the last one ask you to come with him. You agree and follow him. He leads you to one of the vehicles and signals you to enter. It's rather dark inside the vehicle and the smell makes you want to puke. It's a combination of burnt oil, sweet and blood, and some other smells you get when locking up 10 people in a hot, closed metal box for several hours. It takes a while before your eyes adjust to the darkness and you notice the 2 women sitting near the front of the vehicle, the one treating the other.

As you come closer, you can see that's see gravely hurt, with giant wounds across her legs and belly. You suspect the slashes might have been caused by the death beast lying outside, in which case she must be thougher than she looks, getting away of a beast like that. From her uniform and the care she's been treated with, you suspect that this women must be the Leader of this other group.
For now she seems to be unconcious, but the women next to her ensures you that she'll be awake within an hour. However, from the state of her wounds and her  men you suspect what she'll ask you.
Her wounds are grave and while she'll most likely recover, she won't be able to be moved for the first 3 weeks. She'll ask you to harbour her and her men for the next three weeks and possibly feed them to. The question is: Do you accept, and what do you demand in return

Note: Switching back to 1 turn= 1 week

Other group( You can't command these yet):
15 soldiers(  10 armed)
5 engineers
6 drivers
4 civilians( including leader)

To Do: Name the monstorities   

Bunker/Fort:???: South America
Spoiler:  Heroes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: People and livestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surroundings (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  Stats(Combat system copied from adwarf with permission
-Normal people: 0 attack, 0 defense
-Soldiers: 2 Attack, 4 defense
-Gate: 0 Attack 4 Defense
-Fence: 0 attack 6 defense
-Antivehicle thingies: 2 Attack 0 defense
-Watchtower: 0 Attack: 8 defense
-Mutant ape: 1 Attack, 1 defense
-Armored Vehicle: 0 attack 6 Defense
-Giant mutant Animals: 6 Attack 8 Defense 15 hp

Spoiler:  Gm note (click to show/hide)

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile

Allow them Safety in your base, in return you ask that her men listen to your commands and be ready to help with anything you need to be done. Search the Monsters corpses for anything useful, such as their bones for barricades(If we can even get them) and afterwards, drag the monsters to the side of the base, away from public eye. Continue farming and repair the fences.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We'll we should learn more about them - but quickly, as we don't know what they may offer and what they can offer. Also if we will find them usefull, we should form some form of aliance.

It looks like they should have oil and probably maps of surrounding terrain. That would be serious help for now.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We'll we should learn more about them - but quickly, as we don't know what they may offer and what they can offer. Also if we will find them usefull, we should form some form of aliance.

It looks like they should have oil and probably maps of surrounding terrain. That would be serious help for now.
Pretty much this.  Find out where they came from.  If they have some sort of home base, where is it.  If it isn't superior to ours, offer to let them join our group.  If they have a base that is superior see if we can trade.  (if this were IRL, and they had a better base, I would have everyone pack up and move there if we can.  Of course, that would mean we are no longer in charge of anything, which would end the game)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The next turn will be a full turn, so please tell everyone what to do.

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile

farmers farm
builders work on the other towers and any damage the gate took.
small group of soldiers get more water rest stay there and be cautious in case things go bad with our guests
voice of evil reason
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30