Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187811 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fifth Run Phase
« Reply #870 on: March 28, 2012, 03:08:46 pm »

Okay, sorry for not getting to the thread beforehand, I wanted to write my post my clearly, but I did it too late...

Quote from: IronyOwl
I don't understand. What roleclaim information makes his story untenable?

The middle part is interesting though. Are you referring to the fact that he suspected he was still alive due to being protected? What about that makes you think he's scum and not just mistaken? Did you ever bother to confront him with this information?
Essentially, that's correct. The roleclaim information revelaed that there was an individual (Bookthras) who went to him twice who was later NKed, and Urist said he was still alive due to being protected when that was not the case. I didn't confront Urist about it because I thought the behavior was enough to self-incriminate, and I wouldn't trust what he said anyone. He could have been "mistaken", but combined with his already suspicious pilot roleclaim, I wasn't going to tolerate him.

The last part also sounds like working backwards. Imiknorris could have been using his roleclaim to lure out pilots, therefore he was and is scum.
I couldn't see any other legitimate reason to roleclaim other than to lure out pilots.

Town is paranoid and thus if we were both town, we'd be mislynching each other.
It's not an ideal situation, but it was something I expected would happen, and since I didn't expect people trusting each other, that raises some suspicions.

I ask because both me and Jim have explained this before, so I'm wondering if you wanted to hear it again or haven't been paying attention or didn't care until now or what. Seems like a combination of "Didn't care until now" and "Didn't notice it before."

Is that about right? Why does it suddenly interest you if it didn't before?
That's about right, and Urist brought it up, bringing it to my attention. I'm sorry for not reading it when you explained this before...but at least now it's dealt with.

In any event, you and Jim explained why you felt each other to be Town, to my satisfaction, and I think those arguments are convincing. It's good that you explained it. Let's just hope we all make it to the shuttle and that there would be no new changes in mechanics (or the game ends because we lynched all scum).
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 28, 2012, 08:54:51 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to inspect Shakerag. Since he hasn't actually /revealed/ his goal yet, and its variable for his role, he can confirm me at the same time I can confirm him.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 29, 2012, 09:49:19 am »

I'm going to laugh my ass off if we get to the hangar and there's no ship there and Meph is all like "sorry guys, but because you were dragging your asses, some other group of escapees got there first and took off" or something like that. 

Or, like, once the xenos saw you were running for the hangar, they radioed ahead to the mechanic and they disabled all the escape ships.  Sorry. 

That last one would just be mean, though. 

But, anyway, GG:  I would assume you'd get a "survive" goal on me, since I don't have any night actions. 

Also, to clarify something I said earlier, because I'm not sure if I was being clear, but I think that, as a policy, only requiring 25% of players to agree to an extend is kind of low.  With (for example) having 8 players left, just 2 of them can keep stretching the day out with extend after extend (barring opposes, of course, which are IMO unlikely as I think almost everyone sees opposing an extend as a scumtell for some reason).

Meph: Rules clarification, if you please.  Since the final vote tally for the last rest phase showed UI's and IO's most recent votes, does that mean that the rest phase technically didn't end at 5pm Pacific, but rather when you got to writing the end of day flavor?  The result ended up being the same in this case anyway, but I suppose I would have expected any activity after the "official" day end time to not count. 

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 29, 2012, 10:14:36 am »

End of day is always approximate based on my schedule. I don't put it at a hard deadline, so actions up until the point where I close out the day still count.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 29, 2012, 05:24:10 pm »

You make a mad dash through the corridors to the hanger. Time and again you just barely elude the security team. Poor Toaster ends up slamming into a door closed too swiftly, though, and you’re pretty sure the guards nabbed him. Shakerag is a little slow, and the airlock door to the hanger proper is shut just before he reaches it. No time to reopen it, though, not with how close the guards were to you!

So the four of you simply sprint the last hundred feet or so into the hanger proper. And there she is...a strange white space ship. Nothing like you’d really have imagined it, and certainly alien looking. It’s all tubes and slightly ovoid chambers. But it almost might be your ticket out of here!

It takes a bit to open the hatchway, but you manage and make your way inside. The interior is lit with a dull bluish-white light, and everything is sleek and clean. It doesn’t take long to find the cockpit, but there you have a problem.

None of you have even a clue of how to fly this thing.

Servant Corps sits down and starts to press things, but Jim stops him. “Don’t be stupid, you’re just going to get us killed trying that! This thing isn’t even facing the hanger doors. What if you start the engines, we’ll just crash into the wall!”

IronyOwl chimes in “Yeah...I’m not going to let you kill us messing with those things.”

GlyphGryph speaks up “Um...well, whatever we’re going to do we should do it now. The security team is right outside!” He points to the group running down the entrance corridor.

Servant Corp starts mashing buttons again. “Rather die than be captured again...” he mutters.

Jim punches him hard in the face, sending him sprawling out of the chair. “Hell no! I’m not letting you mess this up!”

He raises his fists to GlyphGryph, who steps back a bit. “Woah...what’s with you?”

“I’m not leaving this place. They promised me a place on this station, and I’m going to take it!”

“Bastard” mutters Servant from the floor.

“Traitor!” Snarls GlyphGryph, who then looks around. “Damn, where did Irony go?”

You hear the hatchway of the plane open. Moments later IronyOwl returns, the security team right behind him. And Shakerag, now wearing the coat of a Security officer.

“Good job IronyOwl, Jim” says Shakerag. “You’ll be rewarded, as promised. Boys, take these other two to the holding cells and put them with the others.”

And so the escape failed. Just another entry in the log books of the security officers, and eventually forgotten except as a story of faint hope amongst the prisoners of this station. The ones who almost got away...

And that's that. Traitor Victory!

I'll get the Role PMs and Run Actions posted, but I'm afraid I may not have time to answer all the questions I know you guys have for a bit. I'm heading out of town in about an hour or so and won't have internet until Sunday night. But I will eventually let you know everything that was going on.

I will say, though, that I wasn't lying about Shortening/Extending being significant. It could increase or decrease the chances of Jim and Irony's NK abilities of working, and is why both Shakerag and Toaster got taken out during the last run.

Prisoner Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/NGMNJ3fJrvRbB
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 29, 2012, 05:25:51 pm »

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Run Phase 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Run Phase 2 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 29, 2012, 05:27:20 pm »

Spoiler: Run Phase 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Run Phase 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Run Phase 5 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!
« Reply #877 on: March 29, 2012, 05:33:25 pm »

FFS Jim and Irony, did you not figure out I was trying to help you guys?  Or was your NK random or something?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 29, 2012, 05:35:42 pm »

* Servant Corps facepalms.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 29, 2012, 05:37:44 pm »

And I'll also apologize to Urist for my error.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 29, 2012, 05:39:17 pm »

And GlyphGryph continues the wonderful tradition of accurately being able to pick out the scum but being utterly unable to convince fellow townies to vote for them.

I was even right thinking Dariush was acting like normal town Dariush. :/

I'm just not very convincing.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 29, 2012, 05:40:43 pm »

FFS Jim and Irony, did you not figure out I was trying to help you guys?  Or was your NK random or something?

Claimed pilot.

You looked a lot like a traitor, but I didn't want to risk that you weren't a traitor, so I took you out anyway.

I made a quicktopic where I rambled a bunch here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 29, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »

Aww. Ah well.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 29, 2012, 05:43:33 pm »

Man.  I knew I should have said something during the run phase.  I was thinking about handing you my dead man's bomb.

Yeah, I picked two stun orbs, personal shield, and DMB for my tech.  Two of which, at least, were useful.  And had a natural mind shield =P

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 29, 2012, 05:45:25 pm »

OH HEY. I WAS DOUBLERIGHT.

SUCKS TO BE YOU, BUT THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR LYNCHING ME.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 63