Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187818 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fifth Rest Phase
« Reply #660 on: March 21, 2012, 03:30:14 pm »

GlyphGryph: This assumes that:
1) Pilots exist.
2) All pilots had claimed beforehand.
3) All those who claimed to be pilots actually are pilots.
4) Pilots are sufficiently rare that their target would be of note.
5) Darius is completely accurate when he claims that he killed someone; oh and he could also become a pilot as well, too bad we just lynched him...[/sarcasm]

Random chance is much more plausible because it's what the flavor suggest (we're being chased by aliens, there's no reason for them to have infiltrators) and it is a way to remove a standard method of gathering information. Even knowing that an individual was murdered can grant us valuable information (because we can look at previous posts made by the guy and come up with reasons why he was killed); making it so that murders are random take away that information and forces us into other methods of finding scum. It's the same reason why we haven't seen any roleflips yet.

GlyphGryph: Why haven't you claimed anything yet?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:32:45 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 21, 2012, 03:32:16 pm »

GlyphGryph: This assumes that:
1) Pilots exist.
2) All pilots had claimed beforehand.
3) All those who claimed to be pilots actually are pilots.
4) Pilots are sufficiently rare that their target would be of note.
5) Darius is completely accurate when he claims that he killed someone; oh and he could also become a pilot as well, too bad we just didn't lynch him...[/sarcasm]

How many of these assumptions do you agree with?  Specifically disagree with?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 21, 2012, 03:33:09 pm »

I agree that pilots exist. I do not agree with all other assumptions.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 21, 2012, 03:40:06 pm »

Servant! Don't edit your freaking posts! Massively uncool.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 21, 2012, 03:43:00 pm »

So you think a bunch of our claimed pilots died, just by chance? And that, by chance, no one was killed the other night? It doesn't even matter whether they were pilots, or whether they were all the pilots. All that matters is that all of them, but one, are dead - exactly the result you'd expect if you had a guardian around who could keep someone alive. With a no-night-kill night clearly fitting into the goal of "kill off pilots one by one" and a guardian who noticed the pattern. Followed by a night kill targeting a completely different player, who probably wasn't being protected.

I'm sorry, but the overwhelming evidence here says we've got someone in the group trying to do us harm, that has been from night one, that doesn't want us to escape. And the dopps? Even if they'll kill us humans, I'm pretty sure they would want to escape too, and thus killing pilots doesn't make any sense. If anything, they'd want to kill everyone else.

And as to the claim - I've already said, I'm waiting for Jim. While my question on you was just to get the new guy talking, I have actually learned something about Jim. And while he's not looking scum at the moment, his response to my question can damn him or clear him in my eyes, depending on how it syncs up with what I know about him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 21, 2012, 03:44:59 pm »

You're also not supposed to post more than one bah post after you die *cough*

I don't think I see any noticeable changes to the edit, but can only verify the part I quoted.

Servant:  I see.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 21, 2012, 03:45:15 pm »

And after he does, I'm going to have another question for you, trust me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 21, 2012, 03:45:38 pm »

Servant:  Forgot to ask: did you or Zrk2 choose your N4 inspect?  If you, why?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 21, 2012, 03:56:32 pm »

So you think a bunch of our claimed pilots died, just by chance? And that, by chance, no one was killed the other night? It doesn't even matter whether they were pilots, or whether they were all the pilots. All that matters is that all of them, but one, are dead - exactly the result you'd expect if you had a guardian around who could keep someone alive. With a no-night-kill night clearly fitting into the goal of "kill off pilots one by one" and a guardian who noticed the pattern. Followed by a night kill targeting a completely different player, who probably wasn't being protected.
The reason nobody died the other night was due to the shortening (which was mod-confirmed to have done 'something'), which means we have more time to run away from the aliens. The shortening is the more likely explanation for why nobody died, not some 'Guardian'.

If someone roleclaims Guardian, then I'll consider this "captor infiltrators" theory at least plausible, but that also implies the shortening did nothing (and I disagree with that).

And as to the claim - I've already said, I'm waiting for Jim. While my question on you was just to get the new guy talking, I have actually learned something about Jim. And while he's not looking scum at the moment, his response to my question can damn him or clear him in my eyes, depending on how it syncs up with what I know about him.
Alright then.

Servant:  Forgot to ask: did you or Zrk2 choose your N4 inspect?  If you, why?
I chosen it. Why? As I couldn't find anybody scummy at the time and all roleclaimed either already checked or unable to be checked, I randomly selected a target to inspect in the hopes of getting lucky.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 21, 2012, 04:01:11 pm »

Where did Meph every actually confirm that the shorten did a thing?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 21, 2012, 04:02:07 pm »

If anything, he confirmed that it was flavour, saying all his answers would be "as far as we knew", and heavily implied that the knowing their was specifically flavour knowledge.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 21, 2012, 04:06:29 pm »

I do think flavor knowledge may be key to understanding how this 'bastard' setup is supposed to work. At least I understand where you're arguing from, but I'm still going to stick with my theory until I find new evidence to prove otherwise though.

Bookthras: I apologize for editing, I only wanted to correct some typos. Next time, I'll just EBWOP.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 21, 2012, 04:25:25 pm »

Editing is usually enough of a rules violation to get you modkilled or some other nasty fate. Just an FYI.

Though first infraction is generally a warning every time I've seen it, so I'm not sure if I've ever seen it go that far.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 21, 2012, 06:03:51 pm »

GlyphGryph, yes, I'm a Reporter. In the context of this game, I can follow a player to see who they target in the Run Phase, or watch a player to see who targets them. So basically the same as normal.

Run Phase 1, I followed IronyOwl, mostly on a hunch. He visited Dariush.
Run Phase 2, I realized a better use of my abilities would be to watch pilots and see who took them out, so I watched Urist Imiknorris and saw that Zrk2 visited him.
Run Phase 3, I watched Urist Imiknorris and saw Bookthras visiting him.
Run Phase 4, I decided to follow Bookthras and see what he did. He visited Urist Imiknorris again. I was starting to get suspicious of him, and wanted to see what he was up to when he visited Urist Imiknorris.

The reason nobody died the other night was due to the shortening (which was mod-confirmed to have done 'something'), which means we have more time to run away from the aliens. The shortening is the more likely explanation for why nobody died, not some 'Guardian'.

It was mentioned in the flavor, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what caused the no-kill. There could be other factors at play. What they are, I don't know.

If someone roleclaims Guardian, then I'll consider this "captor infiltrators" theory at least plausible, but that also implies the shortening did nothing (and I disagree with that).

Why does the existence of a hostile infiltrators depend on the existence of a Guardian? A Guardian could exist and they might not exist, and there could be no Guardian but they exist. The existence of one is not dependent on the existence of the other.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 21, 2012, 06:16:31 pm »

Because if you have someone who can successfully predict where a kill is going to take place and then block said kill, then that suggests that the kill was not actually randomly decided but instead determined by a player within the game. It doesn't confirm the existence of a 'killing' role, but at least it raises the idea to a level where I'd seriously consider it. Killers could exist without a Guardian, and vice versa, but as there is no evidence for the existence of 'killers', I will still remain convinced that no 'killers' exist (at least until new evidence is presented).

As a side-note: I don't like the idea of second-guessing and spending most of the limited time we have trying to guess what the setting is. I know it's somewhat necessary, due to it being a Bastard game, but too much discussion gives cover for 'scum'-like roles to hide behind and pretend to contribute.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 63