Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What do you love / hate about DF .34 so far?  (Read 11971 times)

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What do you love / hate about DF .34 so far?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 01:11:42 am »

I made kids "adults" at 2 in the raws. As soon as they can walk and talk I put them to work in the mines. Also found out if you change the age after you gen they grow up on their next birthday.

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2012, 01:12:36 am »

Patch notes from today are incredible !!!

Lye Making fixed
Crashes fixed
Mosquito swarms fixed
Bars-at-Metalsmith fixed
Orders menu text toggling shows correctly

And something about wagons, I wonder how they'll work again.
(I'd play but I don't have time  >:( )

Wait what? Patch notes...

*reads bay12*

OMG YES

So stoked he incorporated community bugfixes.

Not a Cylon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2012, 02:49:16 am »

Patch notes from today are incredible !!!

Lye Making fixed
Crashes fixed
Mosquito swarms fixed
Bars-at-Metalsmith fixed
Orders menu text toggling shows correctly

And something about wagons, I wonder how they'll work again.
(I'd play but I don't have time  >:( )

Wait what? Patch notes...

*reads bay12*

OMG YES

So stoked he incorporated community bugfixes.

Any notion when these fixes will become a bugfix release? (I seem to remember three or four releases in the space of a week last time around :) )

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2012, 02:50:10 am »

Dwarf Fortress Valentine's Day Veneral Disease
Fix'd that for you.  :P

Anyhow, love the new units screen to bits, immigrants with actual useful skills are the dog's, and some of the Evil biomes really live up to their name.  Little fixes all over the place and smoother running overall, world gen and mosquito congas notwithstanding. The occasional werecreatures and other lesser semimegabeasts are a refreshing distraction.

What's not so sweet is the abovementioned legions of conga-dancing furries, and I think the endlessly reanimating body parts are going to be a problem in the long run, at least due to the eventual inevitable FPS death.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2012, 02:51:15 am »

Given how fast they came out last time, it's entirely possible he's compiling the new bugfix release as we speak, and it will be out in the next day.

That's my hope, at least.

I really, REALLY want to start a new fortress and work on my new mod, but I feel there's no point in getting into anything too deep until the game is at a more stable point.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

timco35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2012, 06:28:50 am »

I love the tension and decision making that comes with the added difficulty.  Planning for threats that come from within your fortress adds new dimension to the game.  Now as much as I may need the immigrant wave to hurry my fortress defenses it may include a greater danger.  Do I risk one more wave, or begin a true dwarven welcome for them.

Hospitals are now prisons usually guarded and often prone to mysterious plumbing failure success.

dislikes:

My first save crash. Ever.
The constant decision to play another round, or wait for the next patch is evil food for the masochist in me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2012, 07:55:06 am »

I love the unit screen, I love the addition of normal stone to the jewelers' workshop and I hate, hatesy hate hate giant giant mosquito swarms. (that is, a giant swarm of giant mosquitoes).

Its just some bug, theres a fix in the modding forum actually.
giant musqitous are supposed to appear only by one.
but toady made them inherit the tags from normal musqioutos, which come in groups of 200, and forgot to remove the group tag.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]