Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: What do you love / hate about DF .34 so far?  (Read 11967 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: What do you love / hate about DF .34 so far?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 11:33:53 am »

I love the books, the kobolds' return, the unit screens, the exciting invasion I got, cutting stones as gems (even the most mundane piece of rock can be beautiful when properly cut and polished irl, and malachite and hematite are treated as jewelry stones irl too, now my dorfs can have them too.  I have hematite and magnetite coming out of my ears on the current map), I like the new critters, and I like getting to understand the military and hospitals just in time for the new version :D

I haven't tried an evil biome yet, but I like the stories because it makes me think of Dead Alive/Braindead, especially the scene in the movie where someone's innards reanimate and attack the hero.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

nickajeglin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 05:15:06 pm »

Dwarf Fortress Valentine's Day

Oh, so it does have to do with what I thought. :D

DF2012 = muchos better. Does anyone know what causes the giant swarms btw? I'm trying to fix it but dunno how.
If you mean the mosquitos, there's a thread on the modding forum. A missing tag is all.

Do you remember exactly what the thread was called? I'm having some difficulty finding it. I could mod the mosquitoes to die pretty easily, but is there a fix for the swarms having several hundred mosquitoes at a time?

EDIT: I took away their flying abilities, hopefully that'll make some of them crash, and the smaller swarm will be more manageable on the ground.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:25:01 pm by nickajeglin »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 05:31:03 pm »

Do you remember exactly what the thread was called? I'm having some difficulty finding it. I could mod the mosquitoes to die pretty easily, but is there a fix for the swarms having several hundred mosquitoes at a time?

EDIT: I took away their flying abilities, hopefully that'll make some of them crash, and the smaller swarm will be more manageable on the ground.
Giant Mosquitos copy the raws from mosquitos I'm pretty sure it's the fact that mosquitos have clusters of 100-200.

Lpfn1822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 06:27:43 pm »

I kinda like everything.
The mosquitos are pretty great too, surprisingly. Free crossbow training for my marksdwarves, and the giant pack ended up taking out a goblin siege that probably would have killed me fortress.
Haven't had any vampires yet at 102 dwarves. Only had one necro, which I caged and threw into a magma pipe. A child werewolf showed up and ran off before I could fight it.
Tried some evil embarks. First one, the tendrils killed my framerate. On my second one now, my only macedwarf died destroying some dead animals. Then infernal ash killed my woodcutter/carpenter. Walling myself in until migrants come.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 06:32:59 pm »

The cities, they make me orgasm. The zombies are pretty cool, doing an isolationist fortress on an evil biome is always great because the army of zombies swarms everything living that enters the map. When you're actually trying to do something, though, the flash-rising zombies piss me off sometimes.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 07:01:19 pm »

I love how difficult zombies make evil biome
Although I do hate how hair can also rise from the (why the **** does my phones predictive text always prioritize Tue over the!?) dead.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 07:59:59 pm »

I know it's probably a bug, but you can make dwarf kids work at any job now. Also, the lungfish fly now?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 08:02:11 pm »

I know it's probably a bug, but you can make dwarf kids work at any job now. Also, the lungfish fly now?
I can't make dwarf kids do any work, I think that might just be you. You're a magical man.

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:39 pm »

I think children officially outnumber adults in my fort. I hope this is a bug / unintended consequence.... This is now my official dislike.

Had two childten have moods.

First made a coffin.

Which was used on the second.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:46 pm »

Had two children have moods.
First made a coffin.
Two children had moods/
The first one made a coffin/
Which the second used

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 09:15:04 pm »

Had two children have moods.
First made a coffin.
Two children had moods/
Which the second used

awesome!

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 09:18:46 pm »

Great version! Many children and mosquitoes = children vaccine therapy. Also the unit screen is AWESOME, this is great improvement! Dwarves children are like human children, they are worth money... dwarfbuck!

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 09:19:57 pm »

I think children officially outnumber adults in my fort. I hope this is a bug / unintended consequence.... This is now my official dislike.

Had two childten have moods.

First made a coffin.

I don't think the massive amount of kids is a bug. The dev log says that "immigrants to your fortress will now be historical figures whenever possible, which means more family relationships and history for each one".
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 09:36:16 pm »

Patch notes from today are incredible !!!

Lye Making fixed
Crashes fixed
Mosquito swarms fixed
Bars-at-Metalsmith fixed
Orders menu text toggling shows correctly

And something about wagons, I wonder how they'll work again.
(I'd play but I don't have time  >:( )

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 11:47:43 pm »

Two children had moods/
Which the second used

sigging that maybe
I got nothing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4