Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3807030 times)

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #7035 on: July 07, 2013, 05:41:27 pm »

Few questions regarding squads and families:

Will squads now feature a maximum soldier requirement, or at least rebalance the training priority so that dwarves in individual training will end their job when a more important one arises (i.e. Urist McSwordsdwarf given sheriff duty needs to arrest and detain a criminal but prefers to train instead)?

Will dwarf genealogies eventually feature godmothers and godfathers if a dwarven baby's family is dead? Will dwarven babies be left to other civilian family members if the mother is in military duty?

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: July 07, 2013, 08:21:53 pm »

Few questions regarding squads and families:

Will squads now feature a maximum soldier requirement, or at least rebalance the training priority so that dwarves in individual training will end their job when a more important one arises (i.e. Urist McSwordsdwarf given sheriff duty needs to arrest and detain a criminal but prefers to train instead)?

Will dwarf genealogies eventually feature godmothers and godfathers if a dwarven baby's family is dead? Will dwarven babies be left to other civilian family members if the mother is in military duty?

What do you mean with a maximum soldier requirement? More than 1 soldier in a squad? I think military is pretty solid right now, and while job priorities have been reworked for this release, I think military dwarves wont leave their posts unless there's someone to relief them (something that you can set with the minimum active soldiers, at a schedule's submenu). That being, I think Hammerers and Captains of the Guard are the only noble positions that enforce their rule even when in duty, something a sheriff might not be capable to do while being drafted. I might be wrong.

As for family ties, yes, those are cultural aspects that Toady will touch as soon as he gets again on succession stuff. While in this release we got truly beefy changes to the system, as we'll see historical figures getting married, having offsprings and moving together. I hope to be able to see different kinship relationships, and each applied to a different race or even multiple ones in a single race, as it will be expected for humans, given that Toady and Threetoe are both history buffs. That could be the subject of a suggestion thread, if it's not already.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: July 08, 2013, 04:45:45 am »

So I heard you have new raws.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: July 08, 2013, 06:55:07 am »

So I heard you have new raws.
That is the greatest question ever.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: July 08, 2013, 07:20:25 am »

The falling fruit strikes Urist McNewton in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain.
Urist McNewton cancels: Sleep under the tree
Urist McNewton has invented the gravity
There, fixed for you.

Now, I would like a little help for a non native English speaker. Whenever you people talk about breath (in the last couple of pages on this thread), what exactly do you mean? At first I understood you where talking about vermin breathing and maybe drowning or something but then you talked about trees breathing fruits or leaves and I got lost, I thought the right word was "sprout" or simply "give", or else what the heck where you talking about?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: July 08, 2013, 07:35:21 am »

Like dragon breath. A creature breathing out something as an attack. In this case they were talking about bees coming out when the creature exhales instead of fire like a dragon.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: July 08, 2013, 08:08:25 am »

Long ago, the trees actually burned, and now as I understand it, they no longer burn.

Actually, they can still burn, but the only situation I've seen that happen in was a direct dragonfire hit. Maybe submerging in magma could work too.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: July 08, 2013, 09:15:11 am »

Like dragon breath. A creature breathing out something as an attack. In this case they were talking about bees coming out when the creature exhales instead of fire like a dragon.
Thanks, now is crystal clear.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:51 am »

I can now imagine a glass monster breathing clouds of razor-sharp glass dust that flays skin and shreds lungs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: July 08, 2013, 11:14:43 am »

I can now imagine a glass monster breathing clouds of razor-sharp glass dust that flays skin and shreds lungs.
I was just thinking that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: July 08, 2013, 12:06:30 pm »

Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:09 pm »

I still think you are Huge Jackman, just for the record...

That would make some wonderfully ˇFUN! enemies.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: July 08, 2013, 06:09:26 pm »

Would you be able to provide us with the raw details once you've finalised elf retreats before the release? It would help modders get their stuff sorted out.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53:34 am »

I still think you are Huge Jackman, just for the record...

That would make some wonderfully ˇFUN! enemies.

Hugh.  Sounds like Hue or Hew.

At any rate, having forgotten beasts that did things other than die pathetically or make your military's arms rot off would be awesome.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7049 on: July 09, 2013, 08:51:05 am »

WHY are we getting spammed with kitchen adds?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 748