Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3808214 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4965 on: January 11, 2013, 09:41:01 am »

With these noble and succession updates, we're going to have the Stories subforum clogged up with epic tales of rival houses in no time.  :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: January 11, 2013, 09:45:30 am »

Question: Will walls and floors remain indestructible at an ideal 'end' of development?
Nopes. We do have a cheaty building destroyer right now, with its own tag. But its very limited. ToadyOne has spoken about, with improve sieges of goblins/whatever being able to dig and breach into your fort, and employing more medieval warcraft techniques like possibly sapping, and for siege weapons to be able to breach walls.  Its tied into better fort sieges, and goodness knows what else.

Question: How do you stay so brilliant, charming -and- handsome? Is there some sort of cream or shampoo?[/color]
Donations. FEED THE TOAD.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: January 11, 2013, 06:09:47 pm »

Will we see some religions have schisms where something like some believing in the divinity of the Demon Glob the Snotball while others claim they are a bunch of heratics, possibly lasting past the destruction of the imitation demon sect leader, maybe creating a dual-religion thing?
And then you get a real faithful Globist determined to purify the church,
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: January 12, 2013, 03:04:38 am »

Will we see some religions have schisms where something like some believing in the divinity of the Demon Glob the Snotball while others claim they are a bunch of heratics, possibly lasting past the destruction of the imitation demon sect leader, maybe creating a dual-religion thing?

The next release will allow different entities from the same civilization to have enmities based on their own interests, no longer Hive Mind as we know it, so as soon as religion gets fleshed out (not in this release) we will see Holy Wars as reasons for conflict. In the present release, as soon as each civilization gets a new family of rulers (because the old ones didn't have heirs or something like that) they change the 'official religion' and begin to worship a different god from the same civilization; maybe it could root some troubles between the ruling clan and dissenting worshippers of an opposite god, so you would be able to see your given scenario.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: January 13, 2013, 03:10:25 am »

The next release will allow different entities from the same civilization to have enmities based on their own interests, no longer Hive Mind as we know it, so as soon as religion gets fleshed out (not in this release) we will see Holy Wars as reasons for conflict. In the present release, as soon as each civilization gets a new family of rulers (because the old ones didn't have heirs or something like that) they change the 'official religion' and begin to worship a different god from the same civilization; maybe it could root some troubles between the ruling clan and dissenting worshippers of an opposite god, so you would be able to see your given scenario.

On that note, it would be cool if relationships between deities were added. Like randomly give them grudges, friends, rivals, lovers, parents, and children to give the pantheon a more interesting feel. Plus those relations could be used in religious conflicts down the line.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: January 13, 2013, 05:50:33 am »

On that note, it would be cool if relationships between deities were added. Like randomly give them grudges, friends, rivals, lovers, parents, and children to give the pantheon a more interesting feel. Plus those relations could be used in religious conflicts down the line.
That will doubtless happen when deities are fleshed out more. No timeline.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: January 13, 2013, 10:23:10 am »

With the succession in the game, does that mean dwarves will re-marry and so on for the upcoming release? If so, have you or are you going to make any other improvements to the system before the release?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Tov01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: January 13, 2013, 10:10:44 pm »

Since you are working on Goblin occupations, will you also be doing occupations by other races in this release?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: January 13, 2013, 10:27:52 pm »

Will goblins treat occupations any differently than other races? I could see where goblins are much more brutal than everybody else, and it would be neat if everyone had their own little conquest quirks.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: January 13, 2013, 11:39:01 pm »

I think green should be removed from quote pyramids.

I was referencing two very specific things under one concept with my question, which was not addressed by these answers.

1) Urist Libash nailing his 95 thesises of why elf artifacts are not acceptable for trade on the meeting hall door.
2) Urist the Urist declaring all the old teachings outdated, and now all religious rules have changed.

Religious schisms.. Where one religion becomes two. There are two kinds of historical schims. You have the one where there is a dramatic change from the old to the new (Judiasm to Islam or Catholicism, for example) and you have divergance from doctrine (The protestant reformation being a good example)

I'm thinking if you have multiple claimants to a throne, maybe the framework for it will be applied to religion too. Or maybe not, because of the real danger of real life controversy. It's greater fun as you spread your religion to other civilizations and start to have a large area of uniform religion, and then one civ gets all church of england up in there.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: January 14, 2013, 12:50:32 am »

With the 1400 technology cutoff are there plans for platinum, aluminium, bismuth, and nickel silver what with them being on the other side of it?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: January 14, 2013, 02:23:35 am »

With the 1400 technology cutoff are there plans for platinum, aluminium, bismuth, and nickel silver what with them being on the other side of it?

How Toady sees it is that there are some aspects of Dwarven society which is more advanced then the 1400 cut off. For example Dwarves have certain cuts more advanced then the 1400s.

Though I will admit my Chemist friend says that natural aluminium is actually outright nonexistant.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #4977 on: January 14, 2013, 02:42:31 am »

That 1400 relates more closely to medieval feel of the setting rather than strict cutoff for tech.

1400 tech for example includes rudimentary use of guns and canons, but they will likely not be included in vanilla.

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: January 14, 2013, 02:44:10 am »

Did toady state that they would not be?
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #4979 on: January 14, 2013, 03:20:32 am »

Did toady state that they would not be?

I do not have exact quote, but suggestion threads about guns get hammered by claims that they would not be.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 748