Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3810013 times)

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3315 on: September 14, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »

I saw it more as them getting their skin sheered off to be made into leather, followed by the trolls simply regenerating it.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: September 14, 2012, 05:10:54 pm »

No, they literally shear troll wool. You can even see goblins wear troll fur clothes.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: September 14, 2012, 05:15:32 pm »

Actualy skinning trolls alive then just letting them regenerate it is a pretty cool concept, altough DF trolls don't really have the legendary regeneration, AFAIK.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: September 14, 2012, 06:14:02 pm »

Actualy skinning trolls alive then just letting them regenerate it is a pretty cool concept, altough DF trolls don't really have the legendary regeneration, AFAIK.

Nothing in the game has regeneration unless you count transformations.

Some have fast healing though.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: September 15, 2012, 01:36:22 am »

It should be possible to set skin as a shearable tissue layer on a given creature, I'd imagine.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: September 15, 2012, 11:18:28 am »

It should be possible to set skin as a shearable tissue layer on a given creature, I'd imagine.
DO WANT!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3321 on: September 15, 2012, 11:41:54 am »

It is possible. There was something about how you could make dwarves ritually rip their skin off the same way they style their beards. Or have farmers shear other dwarves for Dwarf Beards for making cloth.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: September 15, 2012, 12:08:26 pm »

Cue somebody modding dwarf beards to be godlike armor.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: September 15, 2012, 12:19:29 pm »

Just a humble question, but...
Remember those good ol' (or not) games where you had to do quests for the kings/monarchs alike?

Well, will there ever be a chance of players being on the other end, giving "quests" to others while being some important guy oneself?
Those pesky karpz...

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: September 15, 2012, 04:00:51 pm »

Remember those good ol' (or not) games where you had to do quests for the kings/monarchs alike?

Well, will there ever be a chance of players being on the other end, giving "quests" to others while being some important guy oneself?
Those pesky karpz...

Since at some point players in adventure mode will be able to create sites and groups, it is a reasonable supposition that you will be able to give people people quests.  I don't know what plans there currently are for it.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: September 16, 2012, 11:37:02 am »

Those pesky karpz...

Since at some point players in adventure mode will be able to create sites and groups, it is a reasonable supposition that you will be able to give people people quests.  I don't know what plans there currently are for it.
I dont think anything been directly said about giving adventures quests. However, there has been some stuff said about your Adventurer being able to give orders to folks, and groups of folks to full fill some task.
I dont see why this sorta system can't be expanded into your Adventure being able to give quest as well. But I can see some conflict with the NPC Adventure not being a member of your group/entity and preventing you from giving orders.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3326 on: September 16, 2012, 04:14:20 pm »

Are the plans for same-race militant and otherwise conflicts? What about variances in each civ's ethics vs their own race's ethics to entice that?

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: September 16, 2012, 09:23:50 pm »

Good God, just look at those devlogs!
Will (rescued) prisoners behave any different than henchmen, at least in terms of recklesness and being unable to follow you under certain circumstances, like rivers? If there's a rewrite for the companions (which I'm sure it is, rendering doable all those sneaking quests) can you tell them to leave your group, or will they have motives to leave?
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: September 16, 2012, 10:58:49 pm »

Quote from: devlog
fortress maps (which are going in before the release)

Oh hell yeah.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: September 16, 2012, 11:36:05 pm »

Quote from: devlog
fortress maps (which are going in before the release)

Oh hell yeah.
Just saw this. Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssss.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 748