Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3769348 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #9150 on: February 07, 2014, 11:14:39 am »

To add to this, do dwarves use a pickaxe when climbing if they're equipped with one?
Tool assisted climbing is not going to happen for this release.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: February 07, 2014, 12:33:38 pm »

As with everything encompassing reality (up to and including quantum mechanics and high energy particle accelerators) and beyond, is planed but not release date.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: February 07, 2014, 02:42:05 pm »

but I like the fantasy aspects of the game for the silly stuff you cannot do in real life, wich s what I love about fantasy and reality being separate.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: February 07, 2014, 02:54:18 pm »

Will dwarves have true differences in size?  Iirc, size currently doesn't work according to how it's displayed, but defaults to the species base size.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:54 pm »

Will dwarves have true differences in size?  Iirc, size currently doesn't work according to how it's displayed, but defaults to the species base size.

They do have true differences in size, I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure I've seen variation when hack'd.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: February 07, 2014, 03:04:47 pm »

They do have true differences in size, I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure I've seen variation when hack'd.

Yeah, might need more details than "Iirc".  Personal variation in size doesn't affect dwarves' ability to wield large weapons (thread) -- that might be what you're thinking of.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: February 07, 2014, 04:53:53 pm »

To add to this, do dwarves use a pickaxe when climbing if they're equipped with one?

A possible rephrasing: Can miners dig holes in walls while climbing?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: February 07, 2014, 05:02:24 pm »

A possible rephrasing: Can miners dig holes in walls while climbing?

Full circle:
Can Dwarves dig while climbing?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: February 07, 2014, 06:02:21 pm »

My bad, I failed my Read skill check.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: February 07, 2014, 07:00:35 pm »

Will having deep dwarf sites in your civ mean you can import and embark with goods harvested from lower cavern layers?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: February 07, 2014, 11:09:43 pm »

Sorry if this is the tiniest bit off-topic, but...

Will this release bring about a lower spawn rate of anthropomorphic animals?

It's seriously annoying when you're starving and that "e" looks mighty tasty, until you realize you just decapitated an eagle woman that you can't eat. Those things are way too common. Or maybe it's just the worlds I generate, I dunno. Either way, how often they're found crosses some of my weirdness boundaries.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: February 08, 2014, 12:02:55 am »

Sorry if this is the tiniest bit off-topic, but...

Will this release bring about a lower spawn rate of anthropomorphic animals?

It's seriously annoying when you're starving and that "e" looks mighty tasty, until you realize you just decapitated an eagle woman that you can't eat. Those things are way too common. Or maybe it's just the worlds I generate, I dunno. Either way, how often they're found crosses some of my weirdness boundaries.

1) No

2) I know for a fact there's a really handy mod for that, though I'm too lazy to link you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: February 08, 2014, 12:03:50 am »

What, for butchering? That can't be modded.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: February 08, 2014, 12:06:32 am »

Not butchering, lowering the spawn rate of animalmen. Like, somebody made a utility to go through and edit the raws quickly.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: February 08, 2014, 01:18:44 am »

It is weird isn't it?  There are all these humanoid creatures running around that act like (and are treated like) animals.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 748