Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3769362 times)

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #11085 on: June 30, 2014, 10:39:48 pm »

I'm quite intrigued by the new civ sites as I've heard them described.  Are their specific traits hard-coded, or can you modify them in different ways with the entity raws?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11086 on: June 30, 2014, 11:10:51 pm »

I'm quite intrigued by the new civ sites as I've heard them described.  Are their specific traits hard-coded, or can you modify them in different ways with the entity raws?

Hardcoded for the foreseeable future, though I think there are plans to open that up eventually.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11087 on: July 01, 2014, 12:29:23 pm »

Hey look, a new report!
Quote from: ThreeToe in the July report
The game is coming out next week!

PRAISE BE TO TOADY!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: July 01, 2014, 12:33:46 pm »

Yep, they ran into some last minute crash issues, so they are doing some cleanup just to be sure. So, just a LIIIIITLE bit longer.

Hey Toady One, are you going to save the final FoTF reply until the release next week? Or just go ahead with it and answer any questions that come up between now and next week when you do the release.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: July 01, 2014, 12:34:12 pm »

Quote from: Threetoe
Soon you will get to join us in the living hell of debugging this monster.  I'm only sort of playing!  Almost everything about dwarf behavior had to be changed for this release, so literally every aspect of the game is crawling with bugs.
Quote from: Toady
I just crashed after walking 10 steps with an adventurer, and there were a few justice crashes fixed yesterday.  Soon...  soon...

Only DF makes me go "yessssss" when the devs say something like this.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #11090 on: July 01, 2014, 12:42:13 pm »

Hey Toady One, are you going to save the final FoTF reply until the release next week? Or just go ahead with it and answer any questions that come up between now and next week when you do the release.

I haven't 100% decided, but it hasn't happened yet, so I might just do it after the release.  I could also regret that decision, so I dunno.  There's a lot going on, and there won't be time enough for it to actually fit day by day until several weeks from now.  Then we will be decompressed again.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: July 01, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »

Toady and ThreeToe.  I love you.   If I was female I would have your mutant guineapigtoad babies.

Anyway keep up the good work.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11092 on: July 01, 2014, 12:55:56 pm »

Never mind bothering with questions, we'll figure out all the questions after release :D
This really made my week.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11093 on: July 01, 2014, 12:58:49 pm »

Answer to all questions: "I just released the new version, so go find out for yourself."

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: July 01, 2014, 01:04:22 pm »

Every other game in alpha-betha state:
-Guys, our next release it's coming. It'll be bug-ladden.
-Boohoo, we hate you! why'd you take our money with that Kickstarter? Update things right or don't update at all, *goes on and on*...

Dwarf Fortress:
-"Soon you will get to join us in the living hell of debugging this monster. [...] literally every aspect of the game is crawling with bugs."
-Yaaay! Let me get into the plastic ball pit FIRST!

Eagerness aside, we're always thankful for this chance. It'll be a fun ride. I'm also with everyone else about questions, we'll have time to answer them ingame and a completely different batch of them around the end of July.

By the way, I've never used the Mantis bug tracker (or any bug tracker before). Is there some kind of how-to or tutorial for the uninitiated?
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: July 01, 2014, 01:12:21 pm »

By the way, I've never used the Mantis bug tracker (or any bug tracker before). Is there some kind of how-to or tutorial for the uninitiated?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: July 01, 2014, 01:16:21 pm »

It's pretty easy to use really. Just check if the bug has been reported first so that we reduce the number of duplicates.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: July 01, 2014, 01:19:34 pm »

It's been awhile but I think you need to make an account (just an email verification thing if I recall).  Once you have an account you hit view issues and you can click on the blue buttons near the top to change filter settings like categories.

If you find an issue that isn't reported you click on report issue and it will give you a little document to fill out.  With dropdowns for stuff like category and severity.  And some space to put in descriptions and how to reproduce the bug and stuff like that.

I think it's made to be used by other people working on the project as well as bug reporters, because the main button brings up a page of stuff 'assigned to you' which would probably be stuff you are expected to fix if yer working on the project.  I've never seen a need to use anything but view issues, report issues, and changelog myself.

P.S. View issues may not need an account, but I do think you need one to report an issue, otherwise I would not have gotten one.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:23:40 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: July 01, 2014, 01:21:12 pm »

For especially obscure bugs it helps, if possible to have a save game to recreate it.... and it's posterior weaponization.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:23:20 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Chaz GELF

• Bay Watcher
  • Neurotic Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: July 01, 2014, 01:44:41 pm »

It's a bit of a shame the new release didn't come out today (I was planning on maybe doing a quick Let's Play video of it), but when there's a bug as severe as crashing 10 steps into adventure mode, it's understandable why you'd wanna hold off a bit longer!

So instead, I'll probably try a short "I still have no idea what I'm doing" LP as a farewell to DF2012 (and a hello to DF2014!) Looking forward to hopping into this and doing my part to squash bugs with the rest of the community!
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 748