Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus  (Read 39246 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.5 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2012, 06:07:07 pm »

How do you get plant ingredients for potions from plants on the ground? Or is it not possible? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2012, 06:21:50 pm »

Deon: I have a useful piece of information for you.  Probably moreso for Genesis whenever you get around to that, but...
BODY is a caste-level tag.  You knew this, of course.
Did you also know it's additive?
If you define a BODY on the creature level, and then drill down further and define additional sets for a caste, it simply tacks those on to the existing body.
However, all body parts have to be defined before they're given a thickness (this is usually in the detail plans).
[BODY:HUMANOID:...]
[CASTE:WINGED]
[BODY:2WINGS]
[CASTE:MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:...]

Granted, I'd probably define the castes themselves even further up for sake of clean "code" (not splitting the stuff about the body in half so dramatically with the caste definitions), but that's just a proof of concept.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »

Watching with interest!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 03:05:02 am »

Yeah Jay, I knew it for a long time, but I've never utilized it... Probably because I did not think about that thoroughly :). You are right. If only we could add BODY through syndromes...

How do you get plant ingredients for potions from plants on the ground? Or is it not possible? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.
Any food markets/shops have tons of different plants for sale. Plant gatherwing/woodcutting/mining is not possible yet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 03:11:46 am »

Allright, even with POP_RATIO:0 witchers still popped out in random hamlets and set people on fire. I've made witchers/witches into an outcast entity again.
Also a few more animals have got tiles and a giant mosquito bug (cluster number) has been fixed.

Check 0.6.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 03:42:58 am »

Care to put out a ASCII version in the future or possibly now if it isn't too much trouble? I can certainly dig the files out of the Phoebus' version, but downloading the whole thing for just a part of it is a little excessive. Let along digging the files out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kikubaaqudgha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2012, 06:18:19 am »

Hi, I noticed the bug regarding unwearable crafted gloves still haven't been fixed, does anybody know if there is some kind of work-around?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2012, 06:20:54 am »

Allright, even with POP_RATIO:0 witchers still popped out in random hamlets and set people on fire. I've made witchers/witches into an outcast entity again.
Also a few more animals have got tiles and a giant mosquito bug (cluster number) has been fixed.

Check 0.6.

Try setting that 0 to 1, and put POP_RATIO:100 or something to the rest of the castes. Worked for me.

IIRC, pop ratio works like this:

For every X creatures in a race, there's only a Y chance that the smaller pop ratio'd creature will appear.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:22:50 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2012, 06:30:08 am »

Try setting that 0 to 1, and put POP_RATIO:100 or something to the rest of the castes. Worked for me.

IIRC, pop ratio works like this:

For every X creatures in a race, there's only a Y chance that the smaller pop ratio'd creature will appear.
Aye, POP_RATIO:0 should give them a zero percent chance of appearing though. This is true for fortress mode but it appears that random citizens in towns and lanterns are drawn from the castes at random without regard for ratios.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2012, 06:31:03 am »

I have a question/suggestion Since the Witchers are Sword-Masters, what would you say to add "witcher-sword" to the game.
 Now important part: Make it so it works, both as a Shield and a Sword!     Weird right?, no!, cos' witchers can occasionally stop arrows witch weapons.

So What do you think?
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:28 am »

As I said I am not delving into "The Witcher" book lore, I just used the name because I felt it's appropriate. Eveything else is DF :). I will definitely add more night creature types though.

And you can already bat arrows out of the air if your weapon skill is high.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2012, 09:31:46 am »

Yeah Jay, I knew it for a long time, but I've never utilized it... Probably because I did not think about that thoroughly :). You are right. If only we could add BODY through syndromes...
Well, can do a caste change through syndrome, and have only the "syndrome" castes have the extra body-parts.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2012, 11:11:50 am »

I forgot to mention that dwarves and goblins get cities in 0.5 because it's for the sake of the good experience and not looking for goblins in empty areas instead of dark towers.
Dwarven cities are always in the mountains.

Playing as an outsider puts you in such a mountain city.

That means it is impossible to fast travel and generally...breaks stuff.

....yeah, happened to me. Can't play as a witcher because I always start out inside a city that's on a mountain, unable to fast travel anywhere and lots of bugs popping up, like misplaced buildings etc.

EDIT: Also seeing a lot of confusion being raised, I suggest you switch the name to something that doesn't lead folks that much into believing that this is a mod about the witchers from Sapkowski's books (As others already suggested) :P Warlock Mod or Witchcraft Mod could do,
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:13:50 am by Miko19 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:32 am »

I blame the fact that some guy makes a book about a uncommon word, then some other guy makes a game off of it.
kinda trademarks the name and limits it's use.
I say keep it that way you teach folks more about the word "Witcher"

it's like saying Genesis will make folks think of Sega and expect the whole mod be loaded down with golden axes and outrun, phantsy stars.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2012, 11:40:18 am »

I blame the fact that some guy makes a book about a uncommon word, then some other guy makes a game off of it.
kinda trademarks the name and limits it's use.
I say keep it that way you teach folks more about the word "Witcher"

it's like saying Genesis will make folks think of Sega and expect the whole mod be loaded down with golden axes and outrun, phantsy stars.
They also see the witcher artwork on the, you know, main post.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12