Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043377 times)

bobsnewaddress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #420 on: February 21, 2012, 04:17:52 pm »

Actually, on a similar note -- is it possible to create a custom reaction which transmutes a finished items material?

For instance, would it be possible to create a custom reaction to transform a Copper Sword into an Iron Sword using the reagents of: 1 Copper Sword and 1 Iron Ore at a custom workshop? I know that modders have done some pretty wild things in the past, but I was never to sure about things like this involving finished items. If this is possible, would the newly created Iron Sword always be average, or would it have quality modifiers based on the skill of the dwarf tasked with it?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 21, 2012, 04:23:44 pm »

Actually, on a similar note -- is it possible to create a custom reaction which transmutes a finished items material?
You can require a weapon as a reagent and produce a weapon as a product, so there's that, with all the associated pratfalls.

Works the same as any other reaction does, now.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2012, 04:28:15 pm »

the new weapon will lose its old qualitiy, and will be based upon the skill of the worker changing the material.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 21, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »

the new weapon will lose its old qualitiy, and will be based upon the skill of the worker changing the material.

Yeah, theres no known way currently to simply change a weapons material without destroying old weapon -> making new weapon. Similarly, as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to change a weapons stats without destroy/create (i.e. no changing the velocity multiplier and such)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2012, 04:56:11 pm »

Concerning EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT the wiki states that it can be BY_CATEGORY, BY_TYPE, or BY_TOKEN. What is the difference between these?
I assume it is refering to Body Parts

BY_CATEGORY = would be HAND which would include (Left Hand, Right Hand)
BY_TYPE = would be STANCE which would be any bodypart with a STANCE tag
BY_TOKEN = would be the bodyparts ID so RUA would be Right Upper Arm

EDIT:
this is from the file changes:
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD]
   [EBO_ITEM:SMALLGEM:NONE:ANY_HARD_STONE] <-- ANY_HARD_STONE is special, but you can use the standard material token list too
   [EBO_SHAPE:GIZZARD_STONE] <-- this is a shape for a gem from descriptor_shape_standard.txt

So for every bodypart that falls into the GIZZARD category would drop this item apon butchering

Ah I understand now. Was thinking about it totally wrong, thank you!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #425 on: February 21, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

Mh.. I tested with this: [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL]
      [EBO_ITEM:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD:INORGANIC:STEEL] on my dogs, but it does not work. You guys know whats wrong with it ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2012, 05:24:00 pm »

Is it possible to reduce the rate at which a creature becomes hungry? Is that all just hardcoded? And does anybody know what will happen if you have an adventurer with the GRAZER tag?

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 21, 2012, 05:44:48 pm »

[EBO_ITEM:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD:INORGANIC:STEEL] on my dogs, but it does not work. You guys know whats wrong with it ?
It seems that one problem is Category Tail, even though it should work, it doesn't drop anything.

Another Problem is it won't drop a WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD, the closest I can get is
      [EBO_ITEM:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
I've also confirmed it will drop a rough gemstone.  I'll just chalk this up to a bug, because it's suposed to drop items. I guess it's good that the old token is still somewhat functional for now.
[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD:INORGANIC:STEEL] it has to be added to a material instead of the ceature though, and you'll probably have some sort of leek of that material, so I'd suggest a variation of bone.(from what I've seen)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:23:05 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 21, 2012, 05:49:34 pm »

The Grazer tag only affects how much grass the grazer needs to consume in order to not starve. I'm not aware of any comparable tags creatures that eat food other than grass.

Is it possible for a creature to have more than one functional [CREATURE_CLASS:TOKEN] without them overwriting each other? Application of multiple [CREATURE_CLASS] tokens would allow much more varied interactions (Though I don't have access to a means of testing atm).
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 21, 2012, 06:09:43 pm »

That is strange. Is the tail of the dog to small to be butchered? What if you used a different category?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 21, 2012, 06:22:31 pm »

So... I'm making a secret-type interaction (the ones like necromancy). Does one secret interaction = one tower? Do I have to duplicate the secret many times to make a lot of towers appear?

Hope I'm not annoying anyone by bumping this.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 21, 2012, 06:24:07 pm »

So... I'm making a secret-type interaction (the ones like necromancy). Does one secret interaction = one tower? Do I have to duplicate the secret many times to make a lot of towers appear?

Hope I'm not annoying anyone by bumping this.
They seem to only build towers if they can animate corpses. But yes necromancers with "different" secrets will build other towers.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 21, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »

That is strange. Is the tail of the dog to small to be butchered? What if you used a different category?

I used gizzard since it already worked in other creatures, however I had to add gizzard to the creature I used.  I'll try a custom bodypart named purse, thats butchered to coins.
My a tail in everything but name works, I think my creature is buggy,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and I've got it to drop a random weapon

Now I got it to drop a pike, Does it just not like halberds?  ...Now It'll drop the halberd, though I see no difference from when I tried to get it to drop one from it's gizzard or for that matter from the code above
but it drops a steel halberd!  Just had a thought, maybe there is a percentage chance built in for use when oysters drop pearls.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:58:00 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 21, 2012, 07:19:48 pm »

Looks like Dfusion race changing still a problem in normal run throughs.
Because my companion who turn into a intern, just converted a honey badger to one mid attack and I look at it's descriptions needless to say the game crashed.
I guess that glitch still exist in game.

Hell looks like you can't even race change bogeymen with out crashing.
You could after you kill and reanimate them as a zombie but by then their not even the same creature any more.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:46:13 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 21, 2012, 08:52:04 pm »

Alright, I'm in the process of creating a creature with a plant growing out of its back. The problem is, in combat it seems that just about any blow will sever the plant. I changed its material properties from STANDARD_PLANT to a custom material that was basically a copy of LEATHER, then to STONE with with no luck. Any idea what's up?

For reference:

Spoiler: The Material Template (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 544