Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Making Armor, quick question  (Read 2369 times)

BlackScarPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making Armor, quick question
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:01:01 am »

So, here I am, making my steel plate for my dwarves, and I've realized that I have no idea if my forge makes a pair of gauntlets with "Make =steel gauntlet=" or a single gauntlet randomly chosen (or alternating).  Could anyone help me out here?

PS: Same with boots

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: Making Armor, quick question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:02:56 am »

One gaunt/boot per order set iirc
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:15:34 am »

It makes a pair. One left, one right.

Although, the quality may not be the same. As in, from one single order or steel high boots, you can get a -Steel Left High Boot- and a +Steel Right High Boot+. Its random.

BlackScarPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:18:54 am »

All  right, thanks! While I waited, I tested and yeah, 1order=a pair.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 01:23:05 pm »

I think it's only with artifacts you get a single item, which is rather silly.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

LittleJP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:27:38 pm »

Also if you get order a gauntlet/boot at the embark screen.
In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 01:42:59 pm »

Of course it's NOT silly!

I would like to ask as well: do gauntlets affect the damage caused by punches? (same for boots with kicking)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:46:03 pm by Urist McGyver »
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:57 pm »

I would like to ask as well: do gauntlets affect the damage caused by punches? (same for boots with kicking)

Nope.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 01:40:56 pm »

That's sad.

Urist McPuncher is fighting!
Urist McPuncher punches the air.
[sic], Artifact Lead Gauntlet slips off of Urist McPuncher's hand!
[sic], Artifact Lead Gauntlet hits Urist McHauler in the head, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!
Urist McHauler was struck down!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:42:28 pm by Urist McGyver »
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.

ActnMoviHeroBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 01:44:30 pm »

For hand items, sure, but what about my artifact boot? What am I gonna do with one boot?
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:49:06 pm »

For hand items, sure, but what about my artifact boot? What am I gonna do with one boot?
Use the Captain Morgan pose a lot?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 03:07:36 pm »

You'll need to put that boot on the foot of an adventurer and wander the world, kicking the crap out of every creature you encounter with his legendary boot. For science.

If a boot can be shown in increase combat damage, an artifact boot would be the ideal implement to conduct an experiment to find out.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 05:25:08 pm »

If what Loud Whisper said is to be believed, artifact clothing do not increase unarmed damage. BUT you coud still throw them in adventure mode. That artifact lead boot will look a lot more intimidating when it's going real fast, heel first on the bridge of your nose.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 08:37:36 pm »

At least you got a boot. I just got an iron shoe with a picture of a dwarf getting killed by a moose cow.  *sigh*
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »

I got a toga.
Pages: [1] 2