Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40788 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 01:29:34 am »

Turn my hippo into a Healing Hippo by granting him a constant aura that heals things around it.

Also head to Blackmarsh I guess.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 02:10:04 am »

Argh! Now I can't stop listening to Setting Sail, Coming Home. Ah well, amazing song. On a  less off topic related note, would it be possible for you to give me a decent idea of exactly what 'Necromancy' covers? Obviously it's more than just raising the dead, but in what ways?

Sorry if you haven't thought much of it or something, but I'm used to knowing exactly what my magics entail.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 06:54:05 am »

Argh! Now I can't stop listening to Setting Sail, Coming Home. Ah well, amazing song. On a  less off topic related note, would it be possible for you to give me a decent idea of exactly what 'Necromancy' covers? Obviously it's more than just raising the dead, but in what ways?

Sorry if you haven't thought much of it or something, but I'm used to knowing exactly what my magics entail.

While the title says its a necromancy, its more of a general dark magic RTD, so necromancy generally covers anything to do with the dead magically.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 07:01:25 am »

So things like dark energy, death flames, ice (often associated with death) etc? Basically the whole shebang of offense, defense and supplementary.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 03:19:12 pm »

So things like dark energy, death flames, ice (often associated with death) etc? Basically the whole shebang of offense, defense and supplementary.

Yep! That would also explain why cold touch is a power when I take necromancy in Incursion...(D&D Rogue-like  :P)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2012, 04:13:39 pm »

Right then, enough talk, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!

(EDIT: DERP, Forgot the title)

[TURN 4: A Parting of Ways]

Empower Noshtath to be able to warp space when being ridden (Think boots of striding.), then head to Caelondia.

(No idea what you mean by warp space, so I'm going to assume you mean go faster) (6) Noshtath now moves extremely fast, when mounted and not (+1 to all attack and dodge rolls). With this you mount Noshtath and speedily begin your journey to Caelondia.

Tyrin smiled as he strode through the streets, his loyal hound, Fluffy tagging along in it's cloak, making it look like some strange, wonderful dog than an animated...corpse.

He wondered if there was something else he could do. Maybe...risk a bit?

Infuse the dog with magic, focusing on vocalization in human words and wisdom. Then head to Caelondia

Edit: Just noticed, I'm still blind?

(3) your dog can now talk! He sounds a bit gruff, but hes a dog that talks, so heads would look at him curiously anyways. "Well, this is intresting...seems to put a small strain on my throat though" Fluffy says. With this, you and Fluffy begin to walk and talk on your way to Caelondia.

I'll head to Caelondia. Along the way, I'll try to find a cloak to disguise my kobold.

(1) You only manage to find a rotten old cloak, which would only make his stealth worse from the smell coming off it!(by this I mean the stench is overpowering, and would be sensed anyways) You decide to stop searching and keep walking into town.

Caelondia? Sounds like a place that's about to blow up, if you know what I mean.
I think I'll be better off learning to pirate in the Blackmarsh.

Take Crand's bone-reinforced robe, teach the fish to fill it as if they were a single body, so they can pass for a human when they're wearing the robe. Travel to the Blackmarsh.

You take Crand's Cloak (+1 to all necromancy rolls) (1) You attempt to teach the fish to go inside the cloak, and you fail. In fact, when they got inside, they ripped the thing to shreds! (It is no longer available as an item.) You walk the rest of the way slightly miffed, with the horde on your tail.

Caelondia... Isn't that the city/nation from Bastion? >.>

Head to Caelondia as well.

(5) You manage to walk around and find yourself a weapon from the many stalls! You find a special weapon, a Brusher's Pike (you gave no action, so I made this one your action). (purchase system is usually a roll from now on to see if you have enough for the item. 3+ to obtain it, 5 for special effect if weapon or armour, and a 6 is one power and 1 de-buff)

Spoiler: Brusher's Pike (click to show/hide)

(IMPORTANT: purchase system is a roll from now on to see if you have enough for the item. 3+ to obtain it, 5 for special effects if weapon or armour, and a 6 is one power and 1 de-buff)

Turn my hippo into a Healing Hippo by granting him a constant aura that heals things around it.

Also head to Blackmarsh I guess.

(4) The Hippo now has a healing aura, it heals 10 damage per turn! With this ability, you merrily go along your way to Blackmarsh with your skeleton, Hippo, and Hound.

You all say your goodbyes and go on your ways with each other (time for rolls to see if you get attacked along the way :P)

(4) The group heading to Caelondia are attacked by bandits! (roll for number of them: 4 | roll for health : 3, so 30 apiece) there are 4 in all, and they are moderately equipped, but nothing you can't handle

Spoiler:  4x Bandits (click to show/hide)

(5) The group heading to Blackmarsh are attacked by Apprentice Necromancers! (RFN: 4 | RFH: 2, 20 | Roll for Magic: 3)

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Once again, I must of forgot something, tell me and I'll revise.  Sorry for making this up as it goes, but its better then being generic
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:18:07 pm by empfan »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2012, 04:29:23 pm »

Necromutate bandit A.

-Necromutation: warping and rotting the body of a living being, causing damage and disability.
Side effects of Necromutation™ may include: nausea, body odour, running nose, blistering flesh, aching bones, headaches, depression, loss of sight, spontaneous liver failure, loss of bladder control, change in hair color, insanity, massive hemhorraging and death. Necromutation™ is not for everyone, please consult your doctor to find out if Necromutation™ is right for you.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2012, 05:08:29 pm »

Try to tempt Bandit D to become my minion, by using an impressive display of Dark Magic.
Kobold backstabs Bandit B.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 05:42:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems like an interesting roll to dodge and also conveniently started around the new version.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2012, 08:44:18 pm »

"Uh oh. It looks like it's time to show bandits not to steal."

Unveil my hound, cast dark mist upon the bandits.

Fluffy will aim to hamstring the nearest bandit, while talking them down (preferably) in a posh British accent.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2012, 08:59:11 pm »

Ima will stay alert and dispel the Magic Armor if any of the Necromancers cast it.
The Bat will drain life from the Necromancer A.
Skeleton and the Swarm will concentrate their fire on Necromancers A and B.

Edit: new action.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:21:40 pm by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2012, 09:43:33 pm »

Cheerfully attempt to convince them to become my apprentices/servants. Hippo mauls and Hound clubs any that refuse.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2012, 09:58:50 pm »

Infuse my Brusher's Pike with Dark Energy, and attack Bandit C!

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2012, 10:33:37 pm »

"Avast! Shalla has a point."
Before attacking, talk to these fine mateys and see which of them want to join me fine crew of swashbuckling, shark-riding sea dogs.
Let me carp take the bilge rats that refuse.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »

[Turn 7: Travel's Interupted]

Cheerfully attempt to convince them to become my apprentices/servants. Hippo mauls and Hound clubs any that refuse.

(2)(5)(6)(3) You convince three of the four necromancer's to go to your side, though one seems to be a bit weaker that the others (6 roll one, only -10 health though :P). They all turn towards their former associate and prepare to destroy him most brutally...
(6-6=0)They all fire off spells at the necromancer, but he manages to deflect them all
(5-6=1) Hippo charges at the necromancer, but he smacks it in the head with his staff, and then (5-6=1) misses, and Hippo manages to charge him, doing minor damage (6-6=0).
(-5 to both, but hippo auto heals it next turn anyways)
(3+3=6-1=5) Hound charges the Necromancer and bashes in his skull, sending blood and gray matter everywhere.
He then casually attempts to clean off the blood and bits of gore with his rags of an outfit, and nods in approval at his work. after this, he strips off his cloths revealing almost no rotting happened, he must of died only recently after he was found and reanimated. He grabs the necromancer's cloak and continues onward, appreciating having decent clothes again. Shalla begins to tutor her new apprentices, teaching them what she knows as she walks.
Before you all go the Skeleton grabs a sacrificial knife. It was better than going in bare handed at least (+1 combat modifier)

Necromutate bandit A.

-Necromutation: warping and rotting the body of a living being, causing damage and disability.
Side effects of Necromutation™ may include: nausea, body odour, running nose, blistering flesh, aching bones, headaches, depression, loss of sight, spontaneous liver failure, loss of bladder control, change in hair color, insanity, massive hemhorraging and death. Necromutation™ is not for everyone, please consult your doctor to find out if Necromutation™ is right for you.

You begin your necromutation on the bandit, who begins to rot most heavily, causing him to bleed and scream in agony on the ground (Stunned for 2 turns)

Try to tempt Bandit D to become my minion, by using an impressive display of Dark Magic.
Kobold backstabs Bandit B.

(6) You manage to convince Bandit D to convert to your side! However bandit C turns towards him, ready to attack! (3-5=2) Bandit D (renaming him "The Bandit") blocks the attack with his copper pike, and also prepares to fight his former comrades.

(6) Your kobold manages to sneak extremely well and gets overconfident, and breaks a branch. Only bandit C hears it. (3) The Kobold stabs the bandit in the back, but not before Bandit C shouts. He deals a decent amount for being seen, but it wasn't an instant kill. (-10 health)

"Uh oh. It looks like it's time to show bandits not to steal."

Unveil my hound, cast dark mist upon the bandits.

Fluffy will aim to hamstring the nearest bandit, while talking them down (preferably) in a posh British accent.

(2) You fail to make the mist, you curse. looks like Fluffy is on his own.
(Roll for target:2) Fluffy aims at bandit B and does a doggy chuckle "Bout' bloody time I got some action!" (3+1=4-2=2) Fluffy charges at the gashed bandit but fails to get an attack without getting cut up some more, he backs away.

Infuse my Brusher's Pike with Dark Energy, and attack Bandit C!

(3) you quickly imbue the blade with dark magic, it would be only temporary, but it would suffice (+1 attack for two turns) (6(+1 reserve)-2=4+1=5) You run toward bandit C and get a brutally solid hit on him and manages to cut off his arm, causing (4= moderate bleeding, he will die next turn) a pool of blood to begin forming around him as he crumples to the ground. He will die soon after)

Bandit B attacks at (6) Leon (5-4=1) He makes a stab at leon, managing to get a small cut on him (-5 health) and (3-4=1) Gets a stab back from Leon! (-5 health) Leon (5-3=2+1=3) Stabs at the bandit (1) causing no lethal bleeding. (-5 health) Bandit B seems to pale a bit.

Bandit C (3) staggers to his feet and charges at Adil (5-1=4) and manages to get a decent stab at him, nothing lethal though. (-10)

Spoiler:  4x Bandits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Sam McFrederickson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shalla Halfdark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Adil Borushdumat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Karos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Right thne, the group heading into Caelondia are going to have to roll to see if they're not kicked out, or if they're attacked. Keep that in mind! As for the group traveling to Blackmarsh, same for you after the fight.

You can use your rolls to try and persuade them to let you stay if you fail, but that would cost an action. Caelondia is a trading town, so it has any and all wares, even the ones of the more shady variety.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:08:28 pm by empfan »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13