Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40691 times)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management
« on: February 09, 2012, 08:59:18 pm »

Alright! First time as a GM. This should go alright(tips accepted if given  :)). Well, heres what I have planned

STORY:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Right then.  That's the story behind this. I will guide you as the wraith to start off, but after that, its up to you all to do whatever you want with this new power.

CHARACTER SHEETS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Waitlist (click to show/hide)
we are still in the sewers, but that will only be for the first two or so turns, so don't expect to be here long. The wraith has a grip on all your souls, if you screw up or defy him, you die. Remember that. After we finish what I plan, its free game with whatever you do, for good or ill.

I'll only be taking a few of you, 5 or 6 to begin. There will be a waitlist for this. I'll give you all untill tomorrow to post on here, around 5:00 PM EST is the finalization if we have enough to begin.

Current Cities:
Starting City
Caelondia - High class trading city
Blackmarsh - Black water port town
Gin - Slavers Hub

You have a 1 week wait time to post your turn.

The RTD here is over, go over to Tiruin's to continue watching/waitlist
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:46:31 pm by empfan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:07:57 pm »

NAME: Sam McFrederickson
RACE: Human
BACKSTORY: Sam was an illiterate rat catcher, born to illiterate people with boringly generic names and jobs. He is now a literate rat catcher of death.

Attempt to kill a rat.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:20:47 pm »

Sounds interesting.

NAME: Shalla Halfdark
BACKSTORY: Shalla was the daughter of a windmill owner, which meant she was too poor to not work but too affluent to go shovel muck all day. As a compromise, she mostly split her time between helping out with the mill, so as to be useful, and trying to improve her education and refinement, so as to be both useful and refined, which her parents hoped would allow her to squeeze into a political marriage with someone slightly more affluent than herself. She figured a brief stint in the sewers would both allow her to claim a hint of experience as an adventurer, adding a bit of mystique and excitement to her eventual marriage proposal, and give her a break from learning to appear learned, which would lessen her desire to hang herself.

ACTION: Attempt to catch and tame a rat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 09:22:06 pm »

NAME: Adil Borushdumat
RACE: Dwarf
BACKSTORY: Adil was long ago a novice engraver at a small dwarven outpost close by until it was overrun by honey badgers. He was one of the ones that escaped, but had to sustain himself by scavenging the sewers, as it turns out above ground towns don't have much in the way of stone to smooth.

Try to shoot a bolt of energy at a wall.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 11:23:29 pm »

NAME: Ima Erifithili
RACE: Elf
BACKSTORY: Ima was captured by a human warlord as a child during the human raid on The Wood of Rainbows, a small and long-forgotten elven outpost in a unicorn-filled forest. She escaped in her fifty-third year of slavery with a group of other elves; they traveled through deep jungles and traitorous marshes into another human kingdom, the one where citizens were treated equally regardless of their race. Once their trek was over, they split up and began their new lives as free citizens... though by no means rich citizens, of course.
Ima was luckier than most of other escapees: she managed to become an apothecary's apprentice. Today, she was tasked with collecting high-quality pigtails - and the best pigtails there were grew on concentrated dung-water deep in the sewers, so Ima decided to go there with the first party of adventurers she saw.

"Hmm. I must admit, it's a great deal colder here than I thought. I wonder if magic can help that..."
Create a shroud of black fire that is warm, but doesn't burn its wearer.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:53:22 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:53 pm »

NAME: Tyrin Karos
BACKSTORY: Tyrin was a normal, mundane peasant. Experienced in many fields of arts, crafts, lore and even a bit of martial training, he spent his days doing odd-jobs in and around the realm, content with the life of a wanderer and venturer. Still, being an unremarkable man, he lives according to sheer will and need.

Yep, still your ordinary peasant with dreams of glory.

ACTION: Try to create fire using my power and light up the place by shooting it upwards
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:41:59 pm by Tiruin »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 12:09:23 am »

IN PLEASE!! (Sheet incoming)

NAME: Leon Jyos
BACKSTORY: Leon was born to a merchant, and as such travelled a lot when he was younger. When he came of age, he began his own trading career with funding from his father to get started. For the past few years, he has been working in this town/city/village.

ACTION: Pause for a second, before thinking, attempting to consult with the wraith in my head:

'Excuse me, Wraith... Lord? Master? What kind of power does this... entail?'

Basically, ask for an explanation of the power I was just given. Like any shrewd businessman.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:15:14 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:16 am »

right then, we got our six!

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [TURN 1: Trial and Error]
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 04:01:55 pm »

[TURN 1: Trial and Error]

NAME: Sam McFrederickson
BACKSTORY: Sam was an illiterate rat catcher, born to illiterate people with boringly generic names and jobs. He is now a literate rat catcher of death.

Attempt to kill a rat.
[2] You madly stomp around in attempt to kill a rat. Your efforts have failed, they either run away before you get their or dodge and hiss at you before they run away.

Attempt to catch and tame a rat.

[3] You find a rat and after some trial and error, you manage to catch it.
(OOC: second roll for tame) The rat squirms and wriggles, and it manages to bite you. you loosen your grip and it wriggles free, and runs away. (-1 health)

Try to shoot a bolt of energy at a wall.

[5] A pure black bolt of darkness shoots out of your arm and goes shooting off into the wall, and seems to have pierced a good foot into it, then it explodes and it leaves a small crater in the wall where it entered.

""Hmm. I must admit, it's a great deal colder here than I thought. I wonder if magic can help that..."
Create a shroud of black fire that is warm, but doesn't burn its wearer.

[6]You manage to make a shroud of blackness around you. It does not help with the cold, and appears to be drawing both what little warmth that is around you as well as the light.  It then dissipates, and everything seems to go back to normal, except it is a bit colder now.

Try to create fire using my power and light up the place by shooting it upwards

(2) You attempt to make a fire, but all you get is a small little spark and then it stops, nothing has happened.

Pause for a second, before thinking, attempting to consult with the wraith in my head:

'Excuse me, Wraith... Lord? Master? What kind of power does this... entail?'

Basically, ask for an explanation of the power I was just given. Like any shrewd businessman.

"Absolute power, my dear student.  I shall teach you the dark art of Necromancy, to summon vast armies of the dead to aid, kill, and burn.  You shall become DARK GODS AMONG MEN!

Now, I will raise a creature from these sewers to start you off and show you how it is done correctly, choose wisely, these will be your companions throughout these tests.
"

[list OF CREATURES TO REANIMATE:
Human Corpse(if roll fails, given as a leftover)
Kobold Corpse
Alligator Corpse
Many Rat Corpses
Dead Fish
Hippo Corpse
Cat Corpse(if roll fails, given as a leftover)
Dog Corpse]

Player: Nirur Torir
Name:Sam McFrederickson
Health: 100

Player: IronyOwl
Name: Shalla Halfdark
Health: 99/100

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Adil Borushdumat

Player: HmH
Name: Ima Erifithili

Player: Tiruin
NAME: Tyrin Karos

Player: Talarion
NAME: Leon Jyos

Right then, that's the first turn. I'll be updating whenever all players respond. Given a week to respond, and if you don't Mr. Wraith with send you straight to hell, or steal your soul. ALSO, the list of reanimatable creatures are to make it more simple and for less silliness.

For the next turn this is a free roll, you get to pick a creature (no roll for it, wraith will animate it for you) as well as do an action. You have to pick a creature, and the only ones that cannot be chosen more than once are the dead fish and rats, otherwise whoever picks the others first gets them. HOWEVER, you can manually animate another creature with your turn, which would require a roll.[/list]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:03:35 pm by empfan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 04:39:55 pm »

Get kobold minion.
Attempt to raise a rat myself.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:25:02 pm by Nirur Torir »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 04:42:50 pm »

"Hahahah!"
Get alligator minion.
Reshape its back into a form more suitable for comfortable riding.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »

Allig- damn it! Hippo corpse!

Reanimate human corpse myself!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 07:42:48 pm »

'Ugh, not the best way to try out your new powers, peasant.'

Tyrin looked over the stack, everyone else got the better ones...

Grabbing and reanimating the dog corpse.

...and reanimate the cat corpse!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 08:11:14 pm »

For the next turn this is a free roll, you get to pick a creature (no roll for it, wraith will animate it for you) as well as do an action. You have to pick a creature, and the only ones that cannot be chosen more than once are the dead fish and rats, otherwise whoever picks the others first gets them.
Is this a typo?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 08:19:35 pm »

For the next turn this is a free roll, you get to pick a creature (no roll for it, wraith will animate it for you) as well as do an action. You have to pick a creature, and the only ones that cannot be chosen more than once are the dead fish and rats, otherwise whoever picks the others first gets them.
Is this a typo?

No, this is why I put in the names as I did, so that if we run out of the good ones (as we just did) I could use an unlimited amount of those as a backup
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13