Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Under New Management  (Read 40779 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 09:15:09 pm »

Rats.

Oh, try to summon a necromantic light, also.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 09:35:25 pm »

Choose the fish.
Also, look around to see if there's a live bat somewhere. If there is, tame it with my elven-ness.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [TURN 2: The Dead Walk
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »

Right then gents, everyones responded and I'm still awake, two updates today!

[TURN 2: The Dead Walk]

The Wraith materializes out of the shadows again, and looks over the people individually, he asks who wants what companion, and raises them all with no effort "With these creatures as your immortal companions, I bind them to your souls!"

With a wave of his hand, he makes a small binding to each of them to the creature they chose. Leon with his horde of rotting or skeletal rats, 40 in all, an overwhelming force. Sam and his kobold, fast and stealthy, almost certain to be unseen. Adil and his alligator, death on both land and water, he gives a quick laugh. Shalla and her hippo, its bite deadly, and its body built to take damage. Tyrin and his dog, loyal and deadly. To add a more dangerous touch, the wraith made all of the canines teeth razor sharp, like daggers. And last but not least, Ima and her fish. Not really deadly, but they would suffice. The necromancer gave them the ability to levitate slightly above the ground, to keep up. About 20 in all, all fish of the carnivore variety, with teeth meant to rip flesh and break bone.

Attempt to raise a rat myself.

Sam seeing this display, attempts to raise his own rat from the dead.(6) He manages to succeed, but the rat is hostile. The wraith snaps its neck with an unseen hand. He could not afford any casualties, not yet, at least.

Reshape its back into a form more suitable for comfortable riding.

(5) You attempt to modify your creature to be ridden as a mount. You succeed by far, with some more modifications then you thought. The creature due to the transformation, was larger and notably longer, now around 16 feet long, and was around the size of a horse "You show much promise in the dark arts, my pupil..." You take the comment with dark pride.

Reanimate human corpse myself!

You look at the human corpse and attempt to reanimate the corpse. (3) With some strain, you raise the corpse. It bends its knee to you to show you are it's master. The Wraith nods in approval. "A good start, I would say."

reanimate the cat corpse!

(1) You cannot even get the thing to stir, much less get it to rise. "You shall learn later. I have plans for such"

Oh, try to summon a necromantic light, also.

(1) You manage to get the flames started, but they begin to go out of control! The wraith managed to put it out before any real damage could be done, but you still sustained minor burns, nothing that wouldn't heal with time though (-10 health until for two turns) "If you cannot control your powers, you shall DIE! It appears I must truely get his help for you lot then..."

Also, look around to see if there's a live bat somewhere. If there is, tame it with my elven-ness.

Using your elven talent, you manage to coax the creature from its lair that you found. The Wraith grabs it and has its flesh melted, and reformed it into a dark creature. Useless in combat, it still made a nice creature to keep around. It pulsed black and writhed for a second, then the Wraith binds its soul to you and it flies over and lands on your left shoulder, as if trained to do so.

"With your new companions, we leave this place at night. We will be heading to a graveyard...we're going grave robbing."

Player: Nirur Torir
Name:Sam McFrederickson
Health: 100

Player: IronyOwl
Name: Shalla Halfdark
Health: 99/100

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Adil Borushdumat

Player: HmH
Name: Ima Erifithili

Player: Tiruin
NAME: Tyrin Karos

Player: Talarion
NAME: Leon Jyos
Health: 90 (-10 for two turns)

Right gents, second one down. Remember, as long as we get all of the chapters up, I'll bring up somethin'

Next Area: Graveyard, and a BOSS! Which you can thank Kisame for, told me to give im' credit for it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [TURN 2: The Dead Walk]
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 10:57:35 pm »

Attempt to empower my new human servant.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:24:46 pm »

Just a note, I said LIGHT not fire. I wanted to summon a ball of luminescence...

Try again.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:46 pm »

And last but not least, Ima and her fish. Not really deadly, but they would suffice.
What?! Are we talking about the same zombie carp, here? The terror of seas? The crushers of fortresses? The eaters of socks?

"Lord, before the night falls, may I venture deeper into the sewers to harvest local herbs? My employer expects me to have them and I wouldn't wish my new life to begin with a broken promise."
Harvest pigtails if the Wraith allows me.
If he doesn't, assist Shalla with her human.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 11:27:51 pm »

Try to cast a terror spell on rats.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 11:57:34 pm »

Tyrin frowned at his inability to summon a friend for his canine...friend. Ahh well, they would end up fighting, or at least in a predatory way. If only the cat was bigger...

Strengthen the dog!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 12:32:12 am »

Adil reclined on the Alligator for a moment (which he had decided to name Noshtath) before searching out an area with a large density of bones. His morale high from his success, he decided to push his luck.

Find the nearest pile of bones and reanimate it as a skeletal abomination, preferably with multiple arms.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD [TURN 3:Field Trip!]
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 10:49:31 am »

Forgot to mention this, but all of your creatures all have 40 health. The rat horde and the group of fish are both counted as one creature. Anyways, lets begin

TURN 3: Field Trip!

"Lord, before the night falls, may I venture deeper into the sewers to harvest local herbs? My employer expects me to have them and I wouldn't wish my new life to begin with a broken promise."
Harvest pigtails if the Wraith allows me.
If he doesn't, assist Shalla with her human.

"You may, my student." he says
(2) You fail to find any nearby. Looks like your going to be the bearer of bad news to your employer.

Attempt to empower my new human servant.

(3) With some mild strain, you manage to make him a stronger. If push comes to shove, he could easily pick up objects that would normally be too heavy, and use them as improvised weapons (ex. A tombstone)

Just a note, I said LIGHT not fire. I wanted to summon a ball of luminescence...

Try again.

You manage to succeed at making a blue orb of light, and in shines quite well in the dark.
Try to cast a terror spell on rats.

(4) You give your rats the ability to make anyone who has reason run away screaming at the sight of the horde.

Tyrin frowned at his inability to summon a friend for his canine...friend. Ahh well, they would end up fighting, or at least in a predatory way. If only the cat was bigger...

Strengthen the dog!

(4) You manage to strengthen your dog, it grows to about the size of an alligator, and its teeth are remarkably sharper (+1 to all combat rolls)

Adil reclined on the Alligator for a moment (which he had decided to name Noshtath) before searching out an area with a large density of bones. His morale high from his success, he decided to push his luck.

Find the nearest pile of bones and reanimate it as a skeletal abomination, preferably with multiple arms.

(1) You search around and find nothing, you head back, slightly dissapointed.

You all wait untill nightfall and when the time comes, the wraith speaks to you all in your heads again
"It is time for us to go. Whatever families you had, leave them if you want them to be safe. There are those that crave my power, and would gladly burn down the entire town to get my grimoire. We shall leave now, I will lead you all to the graveyard. We are going to meet an old, dead friend of mine... Also, you may call me...Lightbane."

With these words, Lightbane leads the group out into the world with their new companions, and begins the trek to the graveyard

Player: Nirur Torir
Name:Sam McFrederickson
Health: 100/100
Inventory:
Companions: Undead Kobold
Health:40/40 (stealth unit, +1 for stealth rolls)

Player: IronyOwl
Name: Shalla Halfdark
Health: 99/100
Inventory:
Companions: Undead Hippo
Health:40/40,
Undead Human
Health: 40/40(can use misc. heavy items around area, adding to combat roll)

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Adil Borushdumat
Inventory:
Companions: Undead alligator
Health: 40/40(+1 Combat modifier, mountable)

Player: HmH
Name: Ima Erifithili
Inventory:
Companions:Demonic Bat (non-combat),
Undead swarm of Fish
Health: 40/40 (can walk on land)

Player: Tiruin
NAME: Tyrin Karos
Inventory:
Companions: Undead Dog
Health: 40/40 (+1 combat modifier)

Player: Talarion
NAME: Leon Jyos
Health: 90/100 (-10 for one turn)
Inventory:
Companions: Horde of Rats
Health: 40/40 (equiped with a fear spell)

Right then, no boss this time, so I'll estimate it'll be in a couple of turns or so then, so be ready!

Might of forgotten or said things that seem a bit odd, so I'll fix it if you mention it. The added multipliers and buffs I added on to the creatures that I didn't mention were to make the creatures seem more realistic for their types. Well, thats all for now. Keep postin' and I'll keep turnin'

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 10:55:06 am »

Interesting...

Tyrin shrugged and followed, his mind set on the path before him. His family, they wouldn't miss him, having already passed away with honor. Well, the canine now reminded him of one of the dogs he saw in a dream. It gave him joy to see it in the flesh-...erm, bone.

Search the trail going to the graveyard for anything useful, related to the dog.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 12:09:48 pm »

Ima didn't have a family or anything of the sort, but she also didn't want the city that housed her to suffer from her carelessness. If she wielded power enough to begin her own life, then she would gladly go into isolation. She did need some rest after seven decades of living in human lands, after all...
But that was in the future, Ima reminded herself. What mattered now is to make the fish into formidable fighters, so her fellow students would stop giving her mocking glares all the time. What do these young'uns know about life? Ima still remembered the grim tales about the zombie carp of old... they never failed to put unruly children into a state of terrified obedience. Maybe the world has changed, but some legends must live on!

Give the fish-horde an ability to breathe clouds of the same darkness that my shroud was made of.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:02:56 am by HmH »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 12:23:37 pm »

Post to follow.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 12:47:15 pm »

Use a light absorption spell to make the kobold nearly invisible in low-light areas.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »

Practice channeling to increase the amount of dark energy held in the body at any one time.
(Because every necromancer needs glowy eyes of doom.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13