Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101681 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Day 1: The Straw Poll
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2012, 11:02:18 pm »

What.  Can I have facts from you then?  I haven't seen anything from you that's substantial.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2012, 11:15:56 pm »

Tiruin:
So first of all, My role is along the lines of a Double-Voter. To all those who wonder about it.
Only thing is, that double vote is random, I have no control over it, nor can I PM the mod on who it goes to. It is not a one-shot, it works everyday.

Hmmm. interesting. Do me a favour, please: Do an "Unvote Everybody, then vote Bookthras (or someone else, just not Andrew)", in colour red, and request a votecount. I want to see how that's reflected. There's still plenty of time for you to undo it and unvote/revote however you wish after that.

Muh, fine.

Though my eye is still on those I had voted. (Pranz; Andrew425; ToonyMan)

Unvote everybody I had voted.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2012, 11:42:05 pm »

Why didn't you mention this early?  Like last night IRL.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2012, 11:43:47 pm »

Missed this.

MOD: Requesting Updated Votecount in a new post!

@ToonyMan: If you want to clarify something, then type it down! You're trying to slander my name by saying I'm misinterpreting but how can I get what your view is if you don't say anything! Your vote on me seems completely senseless by that.
You said Pranz was a 'buddyer'...

This is what I meant by Pranz.

Pranz: would you bomb Iran now, or wait until Israel bombs it first? Do you think Ellen was framed, or were her faults true? Also, give me a reason to unvote you.

Ellen may or may not be framed, but putting yourself in a position that makes it possible is unforgiveable. As to why you shouldn't vote me, i believe we may have a bright future together as partners judging by first impression.

That single post set of alarm bells. "Partner"? Also,
This time it's personal bookthras.
It's clear that one of us must die to let the other live in freedom. Oh and i would bomb the shit out of iran.

This. "It's now either you or me! And I'll bomb Iran just to prove it!"

... you then answered a question for somebody else, defending them.  Something a 'buddyer' would do.  However, when you responded I had no idea what you were saying and neither did you apparently.

I looked over my posts. I don't know how you see:
ToonyMan: Where is your honor, defiling another's reputation because of his NAME! Paranoia all around?!
You shun buddy-ing but defend Andrew TIRUIN?
That as buddying. It was a pressure vote, in flavor too. And what I truly can't get is how I could answer any question with a question. I have a feeling you mixed me up for answering, when I didn't answer any of your questions directed at anyone else.

PPE (ToonyMan): Isn't massclaiming on the first day considered bad thing? Scum can twist my words.

And I forgot.

MOD: Time until end of day?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2012, 12:09:35 am »

Having a random vote is like being a miller.  It's in good form to mention it when you learn about it.  I still think you're scum.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2012, 12:28:50 am »

Just to clarify - everyone gets one night action PER night. Not total. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Backt o rereading the new posts...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2012, 12:35:40 am »

No time to do a full vote count, but all votes are to be expected, except for the fact that Tiruns still got a vote on Andrew.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2012, 12:37:49 am »

Okay, screw it.  Let's just break this game wide the hell open- got confirmation on the timing of this.

Remember my suggestion?

Actually, here's a thought question (that everyone should read):  If the majority thinks that X person is town, why shouldn't we, instead of greenvoting them, red vote everyone else?  That will end the game with that person left alive, and their alignment (if we're correct, town) winning.  If someone claims cop with a town result on them, we could greenvote the town result person to protect them and lynch the cop claimant.  If the cop is town, then we could lynch everyone but said townie.

Well, guess what.  I have a one-shot resurrection.  I can res any one person, day or night, at the cost of my own life.

Let's lynch a few people, let's say two*  If any of them flip town, I res them at night and they come back to life the next morning.  We lynch everyone but them.  Game over.  If neither of them flip town... well, we just lynched two non-town, which is awesome.

*If we screw up and they're both town, that is 7 people alive.  I die, bring a townie back, someone's NKed, that leaves 6 people alive, of which two are scum and at least one is third party.  Everyone votes for everyone else, that person lives, game over. 

Third parties:  If you want a chance to win, claim your full wincon now, so we can consider working you in.

(Alternately, if you really trust me, you can greenvote me so I can't be NKed tonight, and we can see what happens in the AM (so I can res a potential NK as well).  Do note that I cannot post between the death of that person and using the ability, or the chance to use it is lost.  If you don't trust me enough to do that, I understand- the plan works without it.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2012, 12:52:12 am »

What.  Can I have facts from you then?  I haven't seen anything from you that's substantial.

I'll take a leaf from your book - you are scummy.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2012, 01:06:44 am »

See I don't see anything there.  Where's your evidence?  Etc. etc.

It's a bad move to make and you're trying to vote people without actually doing anything Mii.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2012, 01:20:13 am »

I should finish that quote you snipped from me as well so you can't deceive anyone.
You're just listing what has happened and trying to make it seem 'aggressive'.  I recast my vote on you because you were being scummy, your entire reason for voting me is absolutely pointless and holds no 'evidence' which even you want from me!  Pranz's gut feeling is as good as yours.  Your vote definitely has less base than mine.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2012, 03:28:12 am »

Unvote Tiruin for having answered all outstanding concerns the pressure-vote was intended to get answers for. It may come back once I re-read your contributions, though.

Unvote UristMcUselessNoble
Vote Toaster

On the logic that we can always lynch Toaster tomorrow if he's lying.

I need to reread Mii and Toony as well, but right off the bat their recent sniping is, eh, not impressive.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2012, 06:13:26 am »

Having a random vote is like being a miller.  It's in good form to mention it when you learn about it.  I still think you're scum.
Either to his own.

I do have a suspicion Toaster may be a third-party by the frankness of his claim. Maybe.

No time to do a full vote count, but all votes are to be expected, except for the fact that Tiruns still got a vote on Andrew.

ToonyMan;Andrew425;Pranz; for the reasons before I unvoted.
[ToonyMan]
Spoiler: Andrew425 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pranz (click to show/hide)

:-\
Unvote Tiruin for having answered all outstanding concerns the pressure-vote was intended to get answers for. It may come back once I re-read your contributions, though.

And UristMcUselessNoble

This reads to me as

I pressure vote you!
Wait, ok, good answer. UNVOTE.
Now...to lookit' over and...
build up a case on you, making sure my vote counts!

Are you warning me that you will vote me once more because you aren't thoroughly reading posts?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2012, 06:18:12 am »

I do have a suspicion Toaster may be a third-party by the frankness of his claim. Maybe.
You're not sure but you're confident enough to straw vote him?  That's not right.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2012, 06:20:29 am »

No, I'm sure but I'm putting in the fact that if anything goes awry with his plan, lynching goes on because of said accusation.

Being either third-party or scum.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42