Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 3  (Read 23021 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) Turn 3
« on: February 08, 2012, 04:14:09 am »

Okay, preface; I have basically forgotten where I was going with my old RTD, plus all the old players are probably not here any-more, but if they are, they get priority to join, so I am rebooting, and changing how it works slightly, trying to learn from my mistakes

It is 2 years after the events in After the mageocalypse, the world has started to recover and old technologies are more frequent. It is not all good news however, there are still plenty of areas still corrupted with dangerous chaotic energies, with mutated and twisted ... things roaming around, aggression in their eyes. There are of course still brigands and others trying to exploit the lack of policing and civilisation, while recovering, is coming back in bubbles and pockets, unconnected with each-other, as the infrastructure that used to exist took a long time to construct.

It is this world that you are part of, you live in one of the more successful of the pockets of civilisation, where the different races and species of sentient life live more or less in tolerance with each-other, but something threatens you're new start, and you have been chosen to do something about it.

Rules now complete I will be taking up to 8 players, but will not necessarily wait for that many depending on how long applications take

Spoiler: Rolling (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: character creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: perks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tinkering (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: race (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:48:33 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:14:46 am »

Players

Spoiler: Aurin Velias(Tiruin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cat-Eye(HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ixi Ternock(Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Akth gealo(Ahra) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kelan(Nevyn_Jendak) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leon Solinn(Talarion) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Varence(Holymaoh) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:45:52 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:15:14 am »

Waiting list

Spoiler: Antora (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:46:44 am by wolfchild »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:19 am »

Oh damn meant to modify the top post, i guess I will find a use for this

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:39:04 am »

Interested!  :D

Edit: I think nearly half of those players in the original are still alive today, forum-wise.

Spoiler: Sheet finished! (click to show/hide)

Woah, my character is in for a lot of Fun.

This will be awesome.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:16:03 am by Tiruin »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 05:54:39 am »

ATM reboot? Sweet. Have to go somewhere right now, though.
IN, will make charsheet later.

UPD: Back online, charsheet done.
Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:41:10 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:57:03 am »

Name: Ixi Ternock
HP: 50/50 (Before any perks)
Stamina 100/100 (Before any perks)
Sex: Female
Appearance: A four foot Human female with a light build and stark black hair. She has numerous tattoos adorning herself-most of them look vaguely religious or mythological when viewed from afar, but up close they are revealed to be something different. They tend to shift when one looks away.

Bio: Ixi was born and raised a meer slave in service to a Human cult called the "Mourners"-a group whose stated goal was no less than the destruction of reality itself, starting with the simple things like law, order and honesty. The group is widespread-and growing every day. They wish to keep the shattered world from ever returning to it's former height of decadence.

For most of her life, Ixi did not imagine much beyond her day to day duties-cooking, cleaning, transcribing written work, or other things, far more degrading...chains magical, mental and physical meant she shouldn't have escaped.

But, she found a degree of solace in the arms and heart of another, defying her captors. Slowly but surely, the bond forged began to hedge out the vitriol and mind control of the Cult. They saw the truth. Decided to escape. He didn't make it-sacrificed himself so she could get out.

Now, Ixi wanders the world, evading the hunters and using her grief to empower her magics both mental and physical.

Perks:
-Nimble
-Mind Magic
-Skilled: (Custom/20 Extra Skill points)
-Linguist (Custom/Can understand, write and speak most written languages. Mind and Tattoo Magic works better on intelligent creatures who can comprehend words, and less so on bestial ones)
-Ambidextrous (May use either hand)
-Tattoo Magic(Custom/offshoot of Body Magic. Allows Ixi to prepare a variety of useful personal magic effects within the ink on her skin, when given enough time. It tends to produce effects similar to less powerful, but safer body magic, and cannot be done on the fly, though the self made effects can be done and undone mostly by force of will. .)

Skills:
Mind Magic
  - Connection 10
  - Mental Offense 10
  - Mental Defense 20

Tattoo Magic
  - Power 10
  - Efficiency 0
  - Control 20

Untyped Skill group
  - Symbol Magic 20 (Tattoo Artistry)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:43:23 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:41 am »

Name: Ixi Ternock
HP: 50/50 (Before any perks)
Stamina 100/100 (Before any perks)
Sex: Female
Appearance: A four foot Human female with a light build and stark black hair. She has numerous tattoos adorning herself-most of them look vaguely religious or mythological when viewed from afar, but up close they are revealed to be something different. They tend to shift when one looks away.

Bio: Ixi was born and raised a meer slave in service to a Human cult called the "Mourners"-a group whose stated goal was no less than the destruction of reality itself, starting with the simple things like law, order and honesty. The group is widespread-and growing every day. They wish to keep the shattered world from ever returning to it's former height of decadence.

For most of her life, Ixi did not imagine much beyond her day to day duties-cooking, cleaning, transcribing written work, or other things, far more degrading...chains magical, mental and physical meant she shouldn't have escaped.

But, she found a degree of solace in the arms and heart of another, defying her captors. Slowly but surely, the bond forged began to hedge out the vitriol and mind control of the Cult. They saw the truth. Decided to escape. He didn't make it-sacrificed himself so she could get out.

Now, Ixi wanders the world, evading the hunters and using her grief to empower her magics both mental and physical.

Perks:
-Nimble
-Mind Magic
-Human Versatility: (Custom/10 Extra Skill points) There is already a perk that gives +20 skill points
-Linguist (Custom/Can understand, write and speak most written languages. Mind and Tattoo Magic works better on intelligent creatures who can comprehend words, and less so on bestial ones) Do not see a problem here, except mind magic works more on ideas, you can speak to them but it is not necessary and with how I have changed tattoo magic it is a moot point, but speaking languages is definitely not a bad perk
-Subterfuge (Custom/ +1 to sneaking, disguises, eavesdropping etc) These are basically all the stealth skill, better off getting skilled and spending points on stealth
-Tattoo Magic(Custom/offshoot of Body Magic. Allows Izi to prepare a variety of useful personal magic effects within the ink on her skin, when given enough time. It tends to produce effects similar to less powerful, but safer body magic, and cannot be done on the fly, though the self made effects can be done and undone mostly by force of will. I like, but there is one problem, body magic changes the body, it does not leave any magical effect behind and requires the concentration of the mage, what I will allow you to do is test out a magic type that I was having problems deciding how it worked so I axed it, Symbol magic would help other magic schools, by connecting and focusing If you agree I will do tattoo magic as body magic with an extra component, add symbolic application to you're list of non-typed skills, this will allow you to pre do symbols that shape you're magic so it is safer and more controlled, but you will not be able to do body magic without this, it will still require concentration and stamina at the time however, but you can also apply them to other people

There is a strict limit of how many enchanted tattoos can be active at once, though her body can hold as many as can fit on her. Requires a successful skill roll to create them-but can be done upon others.)Axe this part

Skills:
Mind Magic
  - Connection 10
  - Mental Offense 10
  - Mental Defense 20

Tattoo Magic
  - Power 10
  - Efficiency 0
  - Control 10

Non-Grouped
  - Tattoo Artistry: 20

@Wolf: Welp, I added four 'custom' perks to my char. :P
Tell me if you approve them, and I'll answer any questions you need to ask.

The stuff in bold is my comments Dwarmin

Also guys, I am finally finished with the rules, you Might want to re-read and double check
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:16:27 am by wolfchild »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 08:22:44 am »

Edited Wolf.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) (Sign ups)
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 08:41:43 am »

No because it limits you, the symbol magic is part of you're tattoo magic, you have another perk to spend, and "human versatility" is just "skilled" you do not have to be human to take it

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 08:50:18 am »

Reserved, making char

Spoiler: Finally done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:48:39 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 11:35:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:45:05 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 01:16:40 pm »

YES! Got in quick enough for an awesome RP! :)

Name: Jos Krin
HP: 70/70 (tough)
Stamina: 100/100
Sex: Male
Appearance: Short, spiky brown hair, pretty fit. 5'11'' with blue eyes that can shift from relaxed/lazy to determined and steely. Normally is wearing a kind of body armour in dark green colours. He looks a little younger than he is at 30.
Bio: Jos grew up in a civilisation struggling to keep true to being a civilisation, constantly indoctrined that outside is dangerous and how twisted creatures outside are. Still, Jos was always discerning, a believer in second chances. Having said that, indoctrination made him wary all the same. He went into the military for a while, hoping to gain some discipline and skills to help him gain employment. After a certain time passed, he was allowed to leave, but decided to stay on, feeling purpose in his life in ensuring the lives of others can carry on safely, though he also hated simply being a grunt. When a questionable order was given, Jos refused. The only reason he wasn't executed there and then was because he had been pretty popular amongst the troops. Instead, he was dis-honourably discharged. Determined to use his skills to better those around him, Jos has been working as a kind of mercenary since then, often being hired by the same people that discharged him on account of being a valuable null. Atleast Jos can ensure he won't be ordered around the same anymore.
He's pretty quiet on what that questionable order was, preferring not to talk about it.
Perks:
- Mental Fortress
- Mental Null
- Tough
- Skilled
- Skilled
- Skilled
Skills: 130 to spend (70 + 20 + 20 +20 = AWESO- er... 130)

Weapons:
Firearms; 25
(power!!!)Swords; 15
Physics Weapons; 5

Defense:
Take Cover; 20
Dodge; 15
Parry; 5
Counter-attack: 5

Others:
Diplomacy; 20
Medicine; 10
Endurance; 10
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:28:59 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) (Sign ups 2 spots left)
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 07:44:22 pm »

Ok adding the 1st 6 chars to player list

Have not dealt with Items or bio yet.

OK a lot of body mages, no world mages and no therianthropes  seems quite similar to the start of ATM

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: World in Renewal (After the mageocalypse re-boot) (Sign ups 2 spots left)
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 07:47:33 pm »

Finishing mine out  :)

This will be awesome!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13