Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Humanity -Runes of an evil nature are still evil  (Read 34164 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Humanity. -Obek Vandel gets invited to a trip
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 09:51:45 am »

Yeah, sorry bout that.  All the morale fails were due to bad rolls.  And Culloden won because they had something which RAISED their morale.  If we find some scientific way to increase happiness ( without using psychotropic substances ) the morale advantage of the Tall Man could be seriously negated.

Too bad he would also have an army of nightmarish creatures and insane cultists.  Any way to get around that? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 09:55:21 am »

Get shoes, research the place you're going to.  Bring a book on science and engineering, along with a book on demons, in general. 

Knowledge is power, Obek is gonna need as much as possible, if this is going where I think it's going. 

Also...a sword that can hurt demons?  I wonder if Nuke.19 will incorporate that...
He probably will, he said that Iituem, cerapa and him were exhanging notes.

Also, take a book on Satire/ Irony/Bad humour in general with you, demons feed on fear, so if you can take that away they will be easier to kill.
Agreed. and bring writing utinciles and parchments. You need to take down notes for quick searching and to help with memorizing. Plus, what if something happens to the books on the way.

That would also mean you need a bag.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 09:56:37 am »

Yeah, sorry bout that.  All the morale fails were due to bad rolls.  And Culloden won because they had something which RAISED their morale.  If we find some scientific way to increase happiness ( without using psychotropic substances ) the morale advantage of the Tall Man could be seriously negated.

Too bad he would also have an army of nightmarish creatures and insane cultists.  Any way to get around that?
Traditional Slashy-Slah, Magical weaponry method?
Get shoes, research the place you're going to.  Bring a book on science and engineering, along with a book on demons, in general. 

Knowledge is power, Obek is gonna need as much as possible, if this is going where I think it's going. 

Also...a sword that can hurt demons?  I wonder if Nuke.19 will incorporate that...
He probably will, he said that Iituem, cerapa and him were exhanging notes.

Also, take a book on Satire/ Irony/Bad humour in general with you, demons feed on fear, so if you can take that away they will be easier to kill.
Agreed. and bring writing utinciles and parchments. You need to take down notes for quick searching and to help with memorizing. Plus, what if something happens to the books on the way.

That would also mean you need a bag.
Preferably a donkey, or horse if You can get those.

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 11:54:19 am »

You should probably ask the professor for some help with getting the items.

We didn't have money for shoes and you want to get a horse.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 11:57:21 am »

You should probably ask the professor for some help with getting the items.

We didn't have money for shoes and you want to get a horse.
Actually, you do have some money saved up and you can afford shoes. You just didnt have the time to get new ones.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 12:04:51 pm »

Oh right then, my mistake.

Still, ask the professor for help in preparing for the trip. You never know.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 12:17:26 pm »

Also, remember that insults and mockery actively harms demons, essentially counting as anti-worship. So yes, comedy really IS a vary real and useful weapon.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 12:20:33 pm »

Bunch of metagamers :)

No way you'd think about the comedy book, without reading  Demonhood
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 12:21:51 pm »

Thinking of that, we also need to find something  Godly somewhere, maybe an Angel or something like that.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 02:33:35 pm »

On which note.

Gentlemen (and ladies). I do believe this game (and divinity, for that matter) would be better off if you try to keep excessive knowledge about the mechanics of demons out of it. Demonhood is designed to have mysterious enemies; these games should fare better if the characters are not aware of things like 'mockery harms demons'

Which is to say... Try not to metagame.
Long Live United Forenia!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 03:18:22 pm »

I agree with the angel game shoulding be mysterius (take that, grammar!), and that we shouldn't outrigth metagmae, but I also think we should eventualy discover that kind of thing to compensate for our lack of supernatural firepower.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »

I agree with the angel game shoulding be mysterius (take that, grammar!), and that we shouldn't outrigth metagmae, but I also think we should eventualy discover that kind of thing to compensate for our lack of supernatural firepower.

true
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 01:19:48 pm »

Ok. SO, in that case. lets recompile the list of things we want to bring, and strike out what it is that would be considered metagaming. replace them with impractical things or maybe something for personal protection (something I noticed we are missing.)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2012, 01:22:25 pm »

Well, actually since our character is a philosopher and it is commonly known that demons live on worship and fear, anger( all those negative emotions), he could reliabily come up with that as a solution.(Would require him to be half-crazy/exentric actually)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »

Well, actually since our character is a philosopher and it is commonly known that demons live on worship and fear, anger( all those negative emotions), he could reliabily come up with that as a solution.(Would require him to be half-crazy/exentric actually)

Is it common knowledge?  Don't assume anything that the GM has not specifically told you.  This is Cerapa's ballgame, so he makes up the rules.  What was obvious knowledge to you from a viewing perspective is not necessarily (and very likely isn't) common knowledge from an in character perspective.

So, bringing that conversation to a close...  Yeah.  Bring books, writing materials, and pack hard tack and other general supplies.   Read up on Aviemore and maybe bring a dagger, just in case.  It'll be frak all use against demons, but you're not trained in weapon usage so... kitchen knife it is!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13