Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.  (Read 93725 times)

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.
« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2012, 02:14:11 am »

Hey, Lincoln, can you explain/expand upon the Woa thingie? Like how people have all those different color sashes? It seems to affect our magic, too. (Purple sash, purple skeles.)
Or someone point me to where it's explained if I missed it. I find myself a little curious about the setting.
Just, you know, filler.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2012, 01:32:01 am »

He means whoa.  :D

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2012, 02:31:41 am »

Hey, Lincoln, can you explain/expand upon the Woa thingie? Like how people have all those different color sashes? It seems to affect our magic, too. (Purple sash, purple skeles.)
Or someone point me to where it's explained if I missed it. I find myself a little curious about the setting.
Just, you know, filler.
He means whoa.  :D
Yeah it meant 'Whoa'. Although if I ever have to give the people-having-colours thing a name I'll call them woa colours because of this.

But anyway onto the actual question:
The whole colour thing started in the 2nd post, because purple was Mayards favorite colour I wanted to reflect that in some way. Combine that with a bit of an ugly area where the neck joined the shirt I gave Mayard a purple poncho. I thought it would be weird if Mayard was the only person in the village that wore a poncho so I decided it would be the traditional garb in the village (and probabley surrounding area as well). I also thought it would be neat to make the poncho a kind of coming of age symbol (people probabley won't remember this far back but Mayard's younger brothers didn't posess ponchos. The colours of the ponchos were mainly for the purpose of making them look difference but Mayard's skeletons/magic things having purple glows is because of purple being his favorite colour. Then I figured that it would make it easier to identify what skeletons belong to who if everyone had their own colour for magical things for example Olof's is grey which can be seen when you used Olof's magic circle to bring back his ghost (although since it's just grey it's not really a noticable thing).

I'm going to count up the votes for going back and getting the skeletons and going with Gain since I'm not sure which was supported more. Then i might do an update. Not really much chance of an update tonight on second thoughts. Since everyone wants to go with Gain and drawing that update will mean drawing a new area and a whole bunch of new villagers.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:27:29 am by Evil Lincoln »

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 27, 2012, 12:34:11 am »

Turn 38:

Panel 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mayard: "Can I borrow the sword you are trying to sell?"
Gain: "Alright, but if we survive I want it back. Now let's go."

Panel 2:
You exit the Inn to see Jonese.

Jonese: "Gain, Mayard, do you know what is going on?"
Gain: "No, not yet."
Jonese: "I hope it isn't those grouges."
Gain: "It probabley is, although I don't see why they would have a reason to attack the village. They already have the contents of a tribute wagon."
Jonese: "Unless they just want to kill us."

Panel 3:
The three of you make your way down the road to the town hall.

Mayard: "Where are all the snowns?"
Jonese: "I was watching them when the bell sounded so I opened the gate. We can round them up later and I don't want them to be sitting ducks now."
Gain: "Good thinking."

You hear whispering over your shoulder.
Olof: "This is Olof, i'm behind you. Try not to react."
You jump with fright and then quickly compose yourself. You think Jonese saw you though.
You want to talk to Olof but you don't want to risk whispering back so your try to talk to him with your mind like he did to you.

Mayard(Mind): "Olof, can you hear me?"
Edgar(Mind): "Well I don't know about Olof but I can hear you."
Mayard(Mind): "Oh, well then, the village is under attack. I don't know who it is yet but I may need help."
Edgar(Mind): "Yeah, Olof said that before he flew off to look for you and dude you have to see this, I figured out how to make fire with my hands."
Mayard(Mind): "Please, don't burn the building down."
Edgar(Mind): "Okay man, I got this under control."

Well it looks like you can talk to Edgar with your mind at least.

Panel 4:
You come to the hall and see a few guards and some of the villagers. You must be one of the first groups to arrive.
Balcony Guard: "Three villagers over here!"

Panel 5:

While Gain questions the Mayor you take a look around. There is a number of swords and banded shields near the table, you're guessing that is where the villagers have been getting their swords. Apart from the villagers and guards there is Yargan and Yergen. They are the Yakane couple who run the village blacksmith together. Yargan has his prized warhammer with him. You once saw him crush the head of a bandit in with one strike of that thing when you were a child.

Summary of Gain's talk with the Mayor:

Around 16 grouges and a largish humanoid creature were spotted coming towards the village on the road a few minutes ago by one of Captain Davis' sentries.

Everyone who doesn't want to fight is taking refuge in the hall. Anyone who is going to fight can take a sword and a shield from the pile. Some of the guards are here in case it is attacked and Captain Davis and the rest of the guards went to find people and bring them back.

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:40:44 am by Evil Lincoln »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 27, 2012, 12:42:47 am »

I'm trying to think of a way to insert our skellies into the battle without everyone freaking out...

*Ding!*

Mentally order Edgar to go get Shelby ( with all their weapons and paraphernalia ) and wait NEAR the battle, but out of sight.  Then, let the battle commence.  Mayard should be careful, but if there's an opportunity to get a kill, have him go for it.  If the battle goes well, order Edgar mentally to have him and Shelby return to the homebase.  If the battle is going poorly, after the enemy has sustained some casualties, mentally command Edgar ( who then tells Shelby ) to charge at the enemy's rear.  Use fire magic, hacking and slashing, everything. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2012, 02:13:10 am »

*EXCELLENT PLAN*
Who's going to make sure our prisoner doesn't escape, though? Actually, we should order Edgar to put her(the grouge) in the basement, then we put something heavy on top of the hatch. Perfect!
I feel it worthwhile to mention that grouges are pretty terrified of the walking dead, and their presence alone(along with the threat of them being only forward scouts) would probably be enough to demoralize the grouges into retreat. Unless their leader is just that inspiring. Perhaps Edgar Shelby should shout something about her(its?) master planning on forcing the grouges to undergo eternal torment after their death, just for added effect?
The only thing that I don't like about NRDL's plan is that it involves the skeletons charging the enemy. They should approach slowly, with Edgar nuking(see: fireball) the grouge ranks(or just their boss) from afar, and Shelby acting as his bodyguard. Unless Edgar can't nuke from afar, and can only light em up close up. In which case they should rush.
Also, we should take a shield. After ensuring they're for public use.
Anyway, I have some quick questions: How discretely/quickly can we store life energy in a trinket? I seem to have forgotten.
Is anyone capable of tracking the skeletons when they run away if they have to help us?
Does anyone like the name Mortanius for our necromancer alter-ego?
Do we have the resources to dye our cloak purple?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2012, 02:15:45 am »

Alright, don't charge.  And yeah, +1 to the trapping the poor grouge in the basement.  The thing could, I dunno, wreck the basement though, or at the very least vandalize it.

Yay for the Koliup/NRDL Plan! 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2012, 10:54:28 am »

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2012, 11:22:47 pm »

Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2012, 12:39:34 am »

Oh god cult of personality!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 28, 2012, 08:28:28 am »

We should give the groge something to do in the place. We did agree that we wanted her to be our amoror, right? Have her set up a small work place and make a list of what she needs.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 28, 2012, 08:37:20 am »

But do you think that the grouge is loyal or scared enough to follow orders even without supervision?

Because if so, that's one trustworthy/easily intimidated grouge. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 28, 2012, 09:09:25 am »

She will still be locked in the basement, but, hopefully, she will be too busy to notice.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 28, 2012, 09:23:14 am »

She will still be locked in the basement, but, hopefully, she will be too busy to notice.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33