Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.  (Read 93740 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.
« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2012, 09:23:09 am »

Ask Olof...how to get more power, so as to make more skellies.  Ask why they are exhibiting more sentience.  And then let's just ask Olof about his plan to get a body. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2012, 10:50:40 am »

Test Edgar's magic abilities, preferably off in forest somewhere.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »

He already told us his plan. The only remaining part is to steal some oil and salt and find someone for him to possess.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2012, 08:22:26 pm »

Stow some berries in the house and get our food and beverage bars into the 90%+ range.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2012, 12:06:51 am »

Assure Shelby that you'll upgrade her(it?) the moment you can do so without disaster striking. A good servant deserves a proper reward, in due time. AKA: As soon as we get more control.
Also, we should ask Olof if he has any body in particular in mind. While killing a drifter or someone not well known will work, he may have other plans.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:08:24 am by Koliup »

Milon

• Bay Watcher
  • asbestos free
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2012, 02:58:46 am »

Stow some berries in the house and get our food and beverage bars into the 90%+ range.

I am also concerned that Mayard will starve to death.

Ask Olof...how to get more power, so as to make more skellies.  Ask why they are exhibiting more sentience.  And then let's just ask Olof about his plan to get a body. 

I think they're probably just showing a little more free will since Mayard has to control two now. Also, 'Loyal' wasn't one of Edgar's watchwords. No biggie, I don't think it will matter.

Now. We can't take the skellingtons about town. That sort of thing is generally frowned upon. I suggest we set about getting Olof a body. That'll be like, a billion trust points, right?
Leave Shelby, Edgar, and Gurdy in the house. Tell the skeletons to guard Gurdy. Go get the items we need. It's salt and oil, no?
60% of dentists prefer Chiron-Beta-Prime

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2012, 04:56:48 am »

Well, a billion trust points would be very useful, but they may be out-weighed by infinity plus infinity to the power of infinity 'you are surplus to requirements' points...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2012, 05:01:58 am »

Have a quiet talk with Shelby on the subject of tactics and how Edgar will make excellent backup for her, which is why we went ahead and made him strong.

Assure her that we will be making her stronger, and that she is still our first and very best skeleton.

Then ask Olaf why the hell we have to console skeleton minions.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2012, 05:02:26 am »

Have a quiet talk with Shelby on the subject of tactics and how Edgar will make excellent backup for her, which is why we went ahead and made him strong.

Assure her that we will be making her stronger, and that she is still our first and very best skeleton.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2012, 08:04:37 am »

+1
+2 And tell gordy that the skeletons will protect her. Also, consider if she is trustworthy enough to teach necromancy.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2012, 09:13:43 am »

No no no, no teaching the goblin/kobold analogue necromancy.

We can teach her something else... some kind of combat magic or something. I mean if we can make a skeleton which can use magic, we should understand enough about it to teach her something useful.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:25 am »

We can teach her something else... some kind of combat magic or something. I mean if we can make a skeleton which can use magic, we should understand enough about it to teach her something useful.

Wasn't Gurdy some sort of repairwoman for the other Grouges?  We can use her as the blacksmith in our party.  Repairing Mayard and Shelby's weaponry, see if we can get her to train so that she can actually make weapons and armor. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2012, 09:33:58 am »

Wasn't Gurdy some sort of repairwoman for the other Grouges?  We can use her as the blacksmith in our party.  Repairing Mayard and Shelby's weaponry, see if we can get her to train so that she can actually make weapons and armor.
Yeah, let's see if she can fit some armor to Shelby! You could bolt it on and make her look all badass.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2012, 10:44:53 am »

Yeah, let's see if she can fit some armor to Shelby! You could bolt it on and make her look all badass.

That works too. In fact, it can be far more useful. We can ask her if she would like to wett the blades we have so far. No the ones that we are using, but a couple of the swards that we aren't. let her prove her trust without showing that we dont trust her.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2012, 12:14:24 pm »

We should still see if she has a head for any kind of magic, but her main job should be maintenance for now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33