Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.  (Read 93737 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Necromatic Arts: The Magical Adventures of Mayard Carter.
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2012, 11:38:58 am »

Isn't magic a word? If so, we should probably go with that.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2012, 12:19:41 pm »

So then we could, say, make a golem in the shape of a ring that is extremely good at casting a few magic spells, for example an offensive magic spell, a shielding spell, and a healing spell, at the cost of every other ability? Basically, a golem in the shape of a ring that we wear, that can only use a few magic spells, but can cast those spells extremely well? If we can, we should go and buy a clay ring, to make such a golem.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2012, 01:34:09 pm »

22 magic, 8 dexterity, 4 strength, 6 endurance.  The words shall be Observant and Mellow.
Gonna vote for this, except that the words be: Wise and Curious.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2012, 06:58:17 pm »

So then we could, say, make a golem in the shape of a ring that is extremely good at casting a few magic spells, for example an offensive magic spell, a shielding spell, and a healing spell, at the cost of every other ability? Basically, a golem in the shape of a ring that we wear, that can only use a few magic spells, but can cast those spells extremely well? If we can, we should go and buy a clay ring, to make such a golem.
Well, its magic would be weaker than if it was just a skeleton, and it needs to contain a skeleton, so we would need a small animal that can bend into a ring without breaking. The golem's advantages are resilience, which is not entirely irrelevant for jewellery, and a mundane appearance, which would remove the stigma attached to wearing a skeleton on a finger... Personally, however, I htink that you would be better off animating a shell and setting it into a ring, its magical abilities would be more efficient and shells are quite resilient...
 The other issue is that we do not seem to have precise control over the magical abilities our subjects have. It may be that we can teach them things, but I doubt it. Still, having an item on our person that could automatically defend us with magical abilities would not always be a bad thing.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2012, 07:09:59 pm »

A small lizard or gecko could easily wrap itself around a finger like a ring...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2012, 07:51:01 pm »

If we can use shells as skeletons, then that would definitely be best.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 14, 2012, 03:54:07 am »

If we can use shells as skeletons, then that would definitely be best.
Not sure how I feel about shells being animated. They wouldn't really feel undead-y. But you are in in the foothils of a mountain range so you probabley won't find any.

A small lizard or gecko could easily wrap itself around a finger like a ring...
I love this idea. Having a magic skeletal geko wrapped around your finger making it perfrom spells for you and it talking back at you. This also reminded me that there hasn't been any small animals in this adventure yet. I'll make a mental note to make sure some come up.

22 magic, 8 dexterity, 4 strength, 6 endurance.
People seem to be supporting this and i'll just remind you that all you have is 40, if you use it all then you will not have any left to buff shelby.

On that note i'll update tommorow(hopefully).

Milon

• Bay Watcher
  • asbestos free
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 14, 2012, 04:44:07 am »

25 magic, 5 dexterity, 5 strength, 5 endurance.  The words shall be Focused and Intelligent.
I don't think we really need to buff Shelby up just yet. I think it would be better to have two functioning skeletons than one tank and one useless bone puppet. I think we really ought to push this magic for this skeleton.
60% of dentists prefer Chiron-Beta-Prime

CuRiSeeechun

• Bay Watcher
  • Available in 1 size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 14, 2012, 05:43:47 am »

25 magic, 5 dexterity, 5 strength, 5 endurance.  The words shall be Focused and Intelligent.
I don't think we really need to buff Shelby up just yet. I think it would be better to have two functioning skeletons than one tank and one useless bone puppet. I think we really ought to push this magic for this skeleton.

Pretty much this. Also, with skeletal muscle, does the muscle actually like sorta show up, made of bone? Then, say, if we put a deep hood over the skeleton in question, after being muscled up, could we pass it off as a person with really pale skin? Pop in some fake eyeballs maybe for added affect?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 14, 2012, 06:06:48 am »

Can we see Shelby's abilities?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2012, 07:05:38 am »

Can we see Shelby's abilities?
Shelby doesn't have any abilities.

Also, with skeletal muscle, does the muscle actually like sorta show up, made of bone? Then, say, if we put a deep hood over the skeleton in question, after being muscled up, could we pass it off as a person with really pale skin? Pop in some fake eyeballs maybe for added affect?
You couldn't pass them off as human from close up, even with fake eyes. If you had skeletal flesh as well then maybe, but if anyone looked for long enough they would notice that they aren't human.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2012, 11:45:11 am »

This, except that the words should be Magic and Creative.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2012, 06:50:39 pm »

Doooooooooods, we don't wanna go causing trouble, lets just be mellow...
Read the First Post!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2012, 09:00:02 pm »

Doooooooooods, we don't wanna go causing trouble, lets just be mellow...
*sarcasm* I'm sure that absolutely nothing could go wrong with having our new fighting skeleton being a hippie. *sarcasm*

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 14, 2012, 09:21:18 pm »

Intelligent and Creative?
Also, we should ask Olof what happens when a created spirit goes uncontrolled. Does it start trying to kill the necromancer who made it, or what? Does it still have a mind?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33