Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Divinity. - Dreams Invaded: 2  (Read 57829 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity. - Lvantha Talaoia has entered the world!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 12:45:30 pm »

Claim to be a servant of the gods.
Say that you were sent here to reaffirm their faith, punish the heretics, and slay those who would do evil.
Long Live United Forenia!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 12:47:27 pm »

These people need a true sign that the Gods are watching! Now is not the time for subtlety.

I suggest we go address the people in the Church and convince them that the Gods have not abandoned them. Follow up with a demonstration of Angelic wings and attempt to fill the minds of those gathered with peace and confidence.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 12:48:02 pm »

Also shoe those mofos your stabs wings.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 12:54:41 pm »

Claim to be a servant of the gods.
Say that you were sent here to reaffirm their faith, punish the heretics, and slay those who would do evil.
This
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 01:15:48 pm »

You enter the central chamber of the chapel.  A domed roof covers the floor, with a ring of benches around a central raised bier with an altar.  The priest would stand here to deliver sermons, but at present it is being used as a table - food has been stacked around it and there are several stacked wooden bowls.  About three dozen men, women and children are clustered in this room; most ragged and worn and many with bound wounds.  A couple of men are missing limbs.  When you enter, several reach for woodaxes, knives and other improvised weapons, but lower them when they see the gatekeeper enter with you.  A flicker of hope stirs in the room, then dampens.  It is clear many of them are expecting to die.

You walk to the centre of the room and address them.  You tell them that there is still hope, that the gods have not abandoned them.  People look at you bleakly.  One asks how you can believe that, seeing what you have.  You tell them you know because they have sent you.  You tell them that you are here to bring them back into the fold, to punish the heretics and to slaughter those who would do evil.  One woman laughs, a nervous and half-weeping laugh.  She clearly believes you are a madwoman.

You spread your arms and sing, a single, clear note.  Your silver eyes burst into bright white lights and a brilliant, bright pair of wings bursts from your back.  Part of your robe tears in the process, but you can always fix that.  Reactions are mixed.  Some fall to the floor in praise, some recoil in horror, others stare blankly.  You exude a sense of calm and peace, and many of the afraid find themselves a little less tense, a little more reassured by your presence.  One of the crowd, a dour-faced man, speaks out.

"If the gods have sent you to save us, why are we still in hiding?  Why have you not destroyed the wizard and his horde of dead men outside?"

Name: Lvantha Talaoia
Strength: 10 manpower
Mind: 10 menminds

Followers: 0 (Willing mortals - follow you for power, out of duty or a zeal for good.)
Slaves: 0 (Unwilling mortals - Criminals, prisoners or those whose souls have been burned clean and left all but mindless.)
Servants: 0 (Beings under your command - be they mutated mortals or lesser angels.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:33:29 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 01:20:47 pm »

Because before you can cleanse the evil without, you must cleanse the evil within. These villagers must repent unto you, and praise your name. Only once the village in cleansed of evil will you strike down the wizard.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 01:24:01 pm »

As usual, humans complain and demand problems to be solved for them. Tell them that this is a test of faith. They will get blessings and their weapons consecrated, but they have to pray properly first and put their faith in you.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2012, 01:36:26 pm »

What Nuke and Ardas said. Also, what is our religion? Is Lvantha independant from the gods?

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 01:39:33 pm »

We could simply convince them that we came as their savior with a heartwarming speech. Promise them that this endless suffering is about to end. =3

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2012, 02:35:43 pm »

Because before you can cleanse the evil without, you must cleanse the evil within. These villagers must repent unto you, and praise your name. Only once the village in cleansed of evil will you strike down the wizard.
I like this rout and want to add a bit on to it. Have them send you one person to prove your point. Give him power. Make your first servant. Change him so that he may have tendrils in your image.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 03:07:50 pm »

We're supposed to be GOOD, lets tell the TRUTH: that we're just a minor emissary of [deity] and do not yet have the power to do so!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 03:08:46 pm »

We're supposed to be GOOD, lets tell the TRUTH: that we're just a minor emissary of [deity] and do not yet have the power to do so!

Lawful Good doesn't have to mean Lawful Stupid. Telling the truth would be foolish right now.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 03:15:11 pm »

she doesn't have to be lawfull good, she can be VERY chaotic good.  She may lie, steal, kidnap, torture, kill millions for greater good.

What Nuke and Ardas said + If they decline to worship her, she should kill several unclean non-believers with a holy light
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 03:17:49 pm »

I like this rout and want to add a bit on to it. Have them send you one person to prove your point. Give him power. Make your first servant. Change him so that he may have tendrils in your image.
Lets change the him to the her. No point in having a yes(wo)man who and we have someone who doubts you. In fact, change what I said, slightly. Have the woman herself stand before you and grant her the power which is not human (tendrils and such.) She shall be the mark of your followers. They cry for tangible proof, she will be it.

Also, why all this fight on what color arrangement she is in. That can be easily changed as time goes on. Focus might best be served concentrating on getting a foothold.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2012, 04:31:30 pm »

Dude we are ten times as strong as a man, and as mighty intellectually as high-class wizard.
Unless the wizard who is razing farm villages for shits and giggles is an archmage decked out in plate armour with a silver sword, there is no way we couldn't take him out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22