Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FACTION {A interstellar RPG} -Act 1: 3... 2... 1...-  (Read 2845 times)

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: FACTION {A interstellar RPG} -Act 1: 3... 2... 1...-
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 06:15:02 pm »

I think we shouldnt care at all.
So anarky
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 06:59:53 pm »

I think we shouldnt care at all.
So anarky
Not caring about faction politics would be Neutral, which would side you with Hal.

Thus far the vote is for:

Transnationalists.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 02:34:03 pm »

fine nutrul

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 02:41:00 pm »

I'll put my vote in for the dumbfuckalots.  Sounds more fun than anarchy.  Also like a lot less work.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »

"I'd rather not side with anyone yet, thanks." You say. The rest don't look too pleased, but Hal seems happy, if his "na na na na boo boo!" is any indication.

The rest of the Faction Heads sulk off to corners of the Arrival bay, undoubtably trying to recruit more followers. Meanwhile, the real ship security officer leads you down towards the Dorms.

The Dormatories are comprised of a massive grid of blue-lit hallways, giving it a very soothing atmosphere. Numerous people of various faction alignments (you can tell as they all are wearing their colors, bluemen in blue, Goldhawks in gold, Coalition in a vibrant green, so on and so forth) lounge about, chatting. Your room has a small holographic terminal and is slightly larger than the other rooms, in the good side of the Dorms. You're a shipboard engineer, and you have direct access to Hal, even though you can't make any modifications.

Your bunk is a simple affair, a synthetic spread over a synthetic "cotton" matress. It's hypo-allergenic, whatever that means, but it feels less like sleeping on a bed and more like sleeping on a floor, albiet a well carpeted one.

Hal finally gives you a form to look at; a bespectacled man in a turban with sun-browned skin and a long, braided beard. He patters away on a tablet in his left hand while he drones on about the rules of the ship. Generally safety conduct, but a few interesting ones.

1) Fighting onboard the ship is forbidden
2) The captain runs the ship, no questions asked. The captian will not favor any "faction"
3) Faction politicking will be kept to a minimum
4) Mess is served at 0700, 1200, and 1900, Greenwich mean time. Jet Lag will not be compensated for.

"And, My good woman," says Hal sardonically, finally looking up from his holographic tablet, "it's best to try to keep everyone happy. I've read the manifests of the leaders of all the groups, when they boarded. They aren't men to be messed with. No lone wolfing. No violence. You aren't in the army anymore. You don't get a gun." Hal blinks out.

You're free for now. You have an hour until Dinner is served in Mess. Where do you go?

>Engine Room
>Docking Bay 12
>Dorm Hallway
>Bridge
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 05:24:02 pm »

our redneck companion is probobly having small seizers after what he just herd why not see if hes allright.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »

our redneck companion is probobly having small seizers after what he just herd why not see if hes allright.
He's having... what?  Well, you're probably right, we should go talk to him.  He seems to be sensible, and we'll probably need friends.  Do we know where he is?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 11:45:13 pm »

You don't know where your Launch Buddy is, no. You heard he was a "Sanitations Expert", which means three things.

1) He's pretty low on the totem pole. Everyone on board has a job to do, even if it's running concessions. Poor guy does a important but incredibly blue collar job.
2) The man's job is poop. He's literally paid, or actually he volunteered, to clean up poop. Turds. Doo Doo.
3) This means you probably don't want to be on his bad side. It also means you probably don't need him as a friend though.

You can make new friends easily. Surely you can find someone other than the ship that doesn't take part in petty Faction squabbles?
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2012, 12:20:33 pm »

Um... maybe we should grab lunch.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 12:57:43 pm »

Go get some food. Need to keep our strength up.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 02:19:16 pm »

Dinner is not served for an hour. You have just enough time to explore a section of the ship.

>Engine Room
>Docking Bay 12
>Dorm Hallway
>Bridge
Thou art I, I art Thou.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 02:37:34 pm »

Dinner is not served for an hour. You have just enough time to explore a section of the ship.

>Engine Room
>Docking Bay 12
>Dorm Hallway
>Bridge
Bridge, let meet our captain. We've seen the docking bays already, going to be walking through the hallway every day, and we designed the engine room.
Pages: 1 [2]