Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: A Very UnDwarvenly Fort  (Read 5730 times)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
Re: A Very UnDwarvenly Fort
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:07 pm »

The Trees!! :o :o THE TREES!!!! :o :o :o :o
They come from the seeds, hundreds, nay thousands!!!!! :o :o :o
THE AXES, WE MUST CALL THE AXES!!!!!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2011, 03:15:13 pm »

*radio static*
*"Axes squad, you there?"
"Yes cheif."
"Here."
"Ready-op."
*"We need a tactical strike on these trees."
"Roger!"
*radio static*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2011, 05:26:14 pm »

If its too swamped, you could turn it into a succession fort and let us handle some of the writing for you.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2011, 12:36:38 pm »

And how many more poor creatures will suffer at the hands of Lance's not-so-vain attempts to impress Cerol?

Somewhere between one and the entire population of the fort at any given time.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Caevin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2011, 02:40:05 pm »

Hey thanks for the offer Ipwn, but I think I'll be fine now. I've decided to just try and get one full update per week, since I do tend to get free time at least on the weekends.

So with that, as soon as I've got homework out of the way today I will put up the next update. Let there be autumn!

Edit: Eventually I will learn how to correctly estimate my time now that I have an actual workload to take care of  :P I am playing through autumn now, but the update may be a few days. Curse having responsibilties!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:31:55 pm by Caevin »

Caevin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2011, 11:34:25 pm »

Alright, I figure people are probably thinking about what a long time it's been between updates, and I'm sorry. Getting myself to write things out is surprisingly harder than I first anticipated, and here I thought I had a rather convervative estimate...But anyway, here is the first part of autumn, and I decided to post what I had now rather than wait any longer while I try and finish fleshing out the second half.

This season and beyond I hope the fun stuff shall begin, now that I am getting a good dwarf base to work with. I hope people provide plenty of helpful (depending on your point of view) suggestions and ideas of what to make the individual dwarves do. The plan I have carried with this fort is to have a lot of decentralization, with dwarves following their own agendas (Obviously enough, Kyle is going to be a big part of this), so any helpful ideas for fragmentation are appreciated!

And without further ado, the part people actually care about (maybe)!

----------------------------

Autumn in Lolumimbit

The scene opens up by a flowing brook with two dwarves. The male dwarf is fishing, while the female dwarf is sitting by him looking somewhat agitated.

"So Aramco, things arne't as good as you'd like them?" Valrandir said, after vainly trying to grab at another fish swimming merrily by.
"Of course I'm not, you know we're only here because we have to be" Aramco replied sharply.
"Yeah, I know," Valrandir said, letting out a sigh, "but it doesn't mean things have to be so bad. I mean, what are the odds of getting tracked down out here in this dump?"
"Well that's what we thought last time you know. If you're wrong again I'm never going to let you live it down."
"Hey, if you're able to still hold it against me, I can live with it."

Meanwhile, back at the hovel

"Caevin, I have a problem!" Kyle shouted while striding towards Caevin, who was deep in thought trying to mix together some plants and alligator meat into something that looked edible.
"Kyle, can you please give me a break?" Caevin asked wearily as he set down the food, "Like I've said before, Cerol and Lance are still working on the house, complaining at them won't get it built any faster."

At the moment, Lance and Cerol coincidentally happened to be walking by with more wood to continue building.
"Kyle, you really should be more grateful," Lance said with a bit a scowl, "we're it not for the hard work of this wonderful dwarf beside me, there wouldn't be anything to sleep under at all."
"Thanks Lance, but I wouldn't have been able to do it without you," Cerol said beaming at him.
"Oh well it's been my pleasure Cerol," Lance replied, brightening up.

"Those two are really annoying together," Kyle muttered as they walked away, "but that's not what my problem is Caevin."
"Alright, well what is the problem Kyle?" Caevin asked.
"It's those two newcomers, I don't trust them. How did they know we were out here? Why are there here? I want answers Caevin!"
"I don't know anything either Kyle," Caevin replied, exasperated, "If you want answers so bad why don't you just ask them?"
"I can't just ask them, obviously they would lie to me!" Kyle said angrily and stormed off.

"Honestly, I'm surrounded by morons," Kyle muttered to herself as she stormed away. Something really had to be done she thought. While she stormed she passed by Tallpanzer and Human, who were both in the general vicinity of one another.

"So Human, how are things?" Tallpanzer asked a bit hesitantly after Kyle had finished rushing angrily by. Part of her hesitation was because she really didn't like Kyle, and also because she still was a bit leery of Human, especially when most of his time was spent hacking at trees with an odd fervor.
"Tallpanzer, hi!" Human replied excitedly
"Uh, hi there," Tallpanzer said, taken a bit off guard by Human's incredibly cheery tone, "so, doing well?"
"Yeah, I am, I was just talking to that new guy, and he gave me a fish!" Human said, while brandishing a turtle, "I like him."
"Oh, that's good to hear, maybe I should say hello," Tallpanzer replied.

Later that season

Kyle was in a good mood. She was in a remarkably good mood. On a scale of one to death by twinkies and fluffy teddy bears, she was maxed out. This was because she could finally start doing some things she wanted around Lolumimbit because, to the surprise of everybody, migrants had come earlier, bringing the fledgling settlement's body count to 15. She had almost entirely forgotten her complete hysteria when the migrants first arrived.

Flashback...

"Caevin! Caevin! Things are not good!" Kyle shouted frantically at Caevin as she ran to the house.
"It's the trees isn't it?! Not to worry, I'll stop them!" Human shouted, overhearing Kyle's hysterical rant.
"Kyle, what is the matter?" Caevin said as Human rushed out to stop the supposed nature assault.
"There are even more migrants Caevin, at least 5! Something is seriously wrong, how do they know about this place?"
"Well, I'm not sure it's anything to be worried about Kyle. Maybe somebody just mentioned where we were going before we headed out."
"Oh, well possibly," Kyle said, and then had a shocking realization that she had, in fact, done just that...

-----------------------

To be continued...

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2011, 09:26:23 am »

Been a while. Good luck with your outside affairs
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]