Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: A Very UnDwarvenly Fort  (Read 5727 times)

manboricua

• Bay Watcher
  • After the 50th Fort, I'm getting the hang of this!
    • View Profile
Re: A Very UnDwarvenly Fort
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2011, 05:00:41 pm »

Pretty nice, and unique reading! Dorf me please, any type of dwarf human will do. Thanks!
Loving life every second

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 09:55:06 pm »

u can make some changes to my character if u wish in hindsight some of the suggestions i made seemed alittle off but keep the fear of caves and the underground

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »

It's back! And so am I!
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Caevin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:46 pm »

Hey, welcome DeKaFu, good to have you!

Anyway, powpow, I can't guarantee that I can make your guy go on a beserk rampage the first time he gets angry, but I promise to at least try. I've got to try and actually start working in other people's characteristics (which I tried to do with the last update).

Oh and I'll put you last two fellas on the (long) list of people to be dwarfed whenver I get around to getting a migration. Looking at it, I don't see how I got Tolyk on there but not you powpow, heh sorry.

EDIT: To make it up to you powpow, you now have the most descriptive and dramatic bio, enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:16:14 pm by Caevin »

powpow

• Bay Watcher
  • (UTC+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 01:35:48 am »

*sniffs* thank you so much *hug*

edi: im sigging the bio cause thats the kind of character i was trying for thx. but my english sentencing is no good
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:39:51 am by powpow »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2011, 10:01:53 am »

i'm still watching :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Caevin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2011, 02:22:29 am »

Hallo again everybody, sorry for the delay but things keep getting busy. I need to stop saying specific times when I'll update so I don't lie. Plus, it'll be more suspenseful....ooooohhhhhh. Anyway, it's a short update this time to finish the season and I'll give the full autumn update next time (maybe eventually I'll get past year one!). Oh, and as I am currently in my "experimental mode" writing-wise, I felt like writing this update differently then the others. Feedback is appreciated!

--------------

"Migrants!"

That was the word shouted excitedly by TallPanzer as she was out picking her 12th dozen prickle berry (Which, coincidentally enough, is equal to one gross in some form of measurements. However, this is not important to the story). Soon everybody had joined in the shout, except for Human, who was currently continuing his own private war against all of treedom; Kyle, who was busy sulking by the river swearing revenge against Human, who she believed was at fault for causing the tree to spontaneously spring into being by her desk in the house as she was updating the amount of prickle berries in the stockpile again; Lance and Cerol, who were very slowly bringing back the wood that Human, too busy trying to bring down as many trees as possible, wasn't collecting; and Flamey, who was busy drooling over the latest alligator carcass that Lance had brought back.

And so Caevin come up to join Tallpanzer and see who was coming. Tallpanzer, however, quickly lost interest in the migrants and instead was only able to focus on the fact that she was, in fact, standing right next to Caevin. But in the distance, Caevin could see...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...two dwarves coming in.

However, not everybody was cheerful. The happiness of the moment was somewhat lowered by the sight of the snailmen fleeing in absolute terror from the two dwarves approaching.

FLASHBACK!

*In the eyes of Frank, the snailman*

"Oh Frank, this was such a good idea. Just taking a walk through the wilderness with you is so romantic."
"Thank you. In fact Esmeralda, I did want to ask you something. We've been together for such a long time, and I was wondering whether you would-
"Oh Frank, what is that thing doing? Why, I think it's charging towards us!"

And there is was...something I had never seen before. It was about as tall as I was, but it had hair all over, and a stench that was unbelievable. It was holding something in it's hand...it looked quite sharp. And as I thought about it...the look in it's eyes was...frightening. It just looked at me with that freak smile on it's face...

And since that day, all the snailmen in the land grew to fear that place. They christened it "woodengraves", for it was said that you could hear the sound of a madman chopping down trees at all hours of the day, and it only stopped to feast upon the flesh of the innocent creatures that came upon it's grasp. The young ones would challenge each other to go down and see how close they could get to the beast's lair, but it has been said that none return...

THE PRESENT

The two newcomers, Aramco and Valrandir approached Woodenhovels, and cast their eyes upon the area...

...a single building, with the flooring not even done, and everything out in a pile in the open. But were they repulsed, disappointed by the ramshackleness of the the place? Excited, thrilled at the prospect of this interesting new life that was beginning to spread rumours throughout the dwarven halls? Nobody knows! But what is certain, is these two newcomers would help shape this small settlement, no matter how it turned out. But just what was the relationship between these two? They both claim to be "passing aquiantances", but with them both coming together this narrator has his doubts!

Will we ever find out the relationship between Valrandir and Aramco, and why they decided to come to Woodenhovels?
Will Flamey ever get an Alligator he can call his pet, and get a chance to train one of Kyle's dogs?
Will Kyle kill Flamey if he does so, and ever get her supposed revenge upon Human?
Will Human ever let go of his unreasonable anger of everything covered in bark?
And how many more poor creatures will suffer at the hands of Lance's not-so-vain attempts to impress Cerol?

Only time will tell the answer to these questions and more!

--------------

And this may sound silly, but I finally got the name of your dwarf Tolyk. Thanks  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:25:50 am by Caevin »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2011, 08:24:58 am »

lol
good job!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 08:24:21 pm »

Looking forward to next update. Your writing style is great. I personally prefer what you started with.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2011, 03:00:12 pm »

Human me please!

Iggy McNatz
Male, Hunter/Marksdwarf. Must attack any creature, regardless of size.
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2011, 02:57:32 am »

Can you dorf me?

name: Reinjan
a fighter, with a secret love for snailmen
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2011, 03:02:46 am »

dorf me.

lazy fisherman or ingenious mechanic. I'd like it if you could use me for mechanical mega-projects.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42:40 am »

can you human me? name him thor and make him a hammerman
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2011, 06:00:01 pm »

I am still following this, it's fun.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Caevin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2011, 11:29:19 pm »

Okay thanks for the interest guys, I will put you on the waitlist (that is growing ever longer, pleh).

Anyway, I don't quite have the time for an update at the moment, but I just wanted to give a little alert to everybody who is interested in this. When I thought my last term in college was bad, this is way worse. It seems my hidden policy has been to ask myself the question "Are you still able to function reasonably?" and when I answer yes, add more stuff to my workload. So at the moment I am completely swamped with stuff.

However, I do like writing the story, despite the little that I have done, and I promise I won't abandon it. But, it may be a very long time between updates, so just be aware of that fact. I do hope it doesn't crush anybody's spirit, and I claim no responsibility if it does.

And well, I know every time I say I will have an update up by a certain day I have made myself a liar, so I will just say I will have an update up within the week, possibly. That should be safe.

So with that said, I wish you all the best. Thanks for your interest and (hopefully) continued involvement!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5