Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: It's Pathos  (Read 11620 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: It's Pathos
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2011, 04:04:42 pm »

There are many copies.

And they have a plan.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2011, 04:07:31 pm »

Thats right, you are the STRONGEST! (Oh god somebody get that.) but seriously, this is why I kinda find you annoying.

Now, Ochita, my lad, that's the kind of thing that needs to be kept to PMs.

But seriously, the hammer's coming down.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2011, 04:36:13 pm »

Really Armok?
Really what?!? Did I commit some social blunder again? :(

Quote from: FuzzyZergling link=topic=80210.msg2098247#msg2098247   date=1300736696
Though Armok may be trolling. It's hard to tell with   him. ;)
I've never trolled these forums. Except a bit on VN when everyone was doing that. I've trolled the IRC channel a fair bit but that was after it was un-endorsed anyway I think and I stopped when they got to good at counter-trolling. I've said things I've later regreted, and admitedly a lot of very stupid things, but no deliberate trolling.

Quote from: Strife26 link=topic=80210.msg2098292#msg2098292   date=1300737577
Armok is Armok, the optimistic type who always hates   it when something in the forum is lost.
THIIIS! So very much this. I'm prety much against the concept of moderation through things like bans and deletions in general, they seem destructive and sad and intolerant and unnecessary cruel and unusual. Other, softer disincentives shuld be more than engouth to handle things.

I'm against this kind of thing on principle. It also helps that I quite enjoy Pathos occational antics.

Quote from: Strife26 link=topic=80210.msg2098440#msg2098440   date=1300739840
While the thread may vanish, do the posts remain   somewhere?
Toady should NOT delete this thread. Sure, it was started by somone who shouldn't have been able to do so, but since then it's been posted in by others and there's been some important discussion on moderation policy the deletion of which I atleast'd take as an attempt on censorship.

Even if he REALLY wants to make some kind of point about it, he can just delete pathos posts and leve the thread in place with "guest" as the thread starter. *I* shuldnt suffer by having *my* very legitimate posts deleted because he wants to punish somone else.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »

I can't say I saw this thread coming. You're quite persistant in this, Pathos, I'll give you that much.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2011, 05:11:40 pm »

Pathos v2 has been banned, of course.  The interesting surprise seems to be that Farseer is also most likely a Pathos alt (the sixth for those keeping count).  The account has the same IP, was made a few months after Pathos was banned, logged out a few minutes before Pathos v2 logged in today, insulted people, trolled life advice threads, created troll threads (Advocating piracy/almost all Sunni Muslims are corrupted) etc. etc.  So I've banned the Farseer account as well.

edit: I put a moderation log up in GD.  It seemed like the best place for it, since I don't want to bump B12 announcements and there aren't as likely to be other stickies here crowding things.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:37:37 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]