Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pots?  (Read 3135 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Re: Pots?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 10:54:31 am »

Yeah, I just saw that update.   :-[  Hopefully I will be able to use this fort in .20, it's a good embark location with lots of stuff related to the new stuff to play with, like clay. 
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 05:37:51 pm »

I've had pots used before I had any ash or charcoal. My dwarves decided to use them to store the cheese I was making, as well as over 750 plump helmets. Problem with the 750 plump helmets in the pot--- no one can access them to use them for brewing! Not sure they are being used for eating or cooking either, but I know the brewer can't figure out how to go get a plump out of a pot--- since that's where ALL the plumps in the fortress are. Oh well, my dwarves were tired of dwarven wine after all. Time to send out the herbalists to gather a bunch of plants and trigger a few ambushes so I can get some FPS back.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

L3TUC3

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:common green]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 10:05:08 pm »

I like the quantum storage capacities of the pot and that they can be made out of rock. It really saves on space, plus it means a little less mass dumping of stone. I hope the storage capacity stays pretty high for them and you can keep making rock ones. This way I can use the pots for fish/meat/plant/prepared food storage, while keeping the barrels for booze.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't really muck around with clay ones though, as I'd rather use the wood/charcoal required for making one for barrels.
Pages: 1 2 [3]