Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pots?  (Read 3138 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Pots?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »

I see seed storage becoming a non-issue now.  One pot can hold all your fort's seeds!

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 06:13:22 pm »

Now there is another (though only one) pot used to contain food. (plump helmets this time.) still don't seem to be able to be used for drink tho (they are unglazed, but stoneware)
Soaplent green is goblins!

furlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:45 pm »

I posted this in another thread but I want to spread the information around. I am almost 100% sure that there is a bug with large pots. Specifically, you must make sure to have 1 bar of ash and 1 bar of charcoal available. For whatever reason you can go ahead and glaze a pot, I think it has to do with not using a whole bar of ash, but the pot will not be used. Ever. At all. Make sure that you have 1 whole bar of ash, and 1 whole bar of charcoal. Doing this my pots are working 100% of the time.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 04:51:56 am »

I made a bunch of pots, and ONCE one was used to store some sugar, but I still get plenty of 'no available barrel" and food not stored in containers when I have plenty of unused pots. I think they are bugged.

Try glazing them, even if they're supposed to work without glazing, then report back?
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 08:33:15 am »

No using a stoneware pot for brewing (glazed or with ash glaze) confirmed. (I also had an extra bar of ash laying around, which did not seem to affect things.

There is one pot being used in my stockpile right now that is being used to store (lots of) plump helmets, but I have never seen more than one large pot in use at the same time.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 08:49:48 am »

I made 30 porcelain pots and glazed them (purely because of value). Just butchered some horses that walked into my serrated steel discs and now nearly all of what just came out of the butcher shop is being stored in one pot. 4 pages of meat of varying stack sizes, from 1 to 20. They don't seem to be sent to stockpiles until they're needed.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 08:50:46 am »

Yeah, I've noticed that too. And they are not considered barrels in "are there free barrels?" check either.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 09:20:53 am »

Was just reading another thread when all my dwarves suddenly ran to the stockpile and moved all my spare prepared meals into pots. Thing is, these were the ones that were too big to moved into barrels in stacks (forgotten beast meat roast of 300 for example). These jugs could be great.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:24:24 am by tehc »

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 08:45:50 pm »

OH HUR. Check the "orders" Screen, and make sure "Dwarves Gather Food" is on. I think it defaults to off, for some reason.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 09:07:09 pm »

So... pots are like quantum stockpiles?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:55 pm »

OH HUR. Check the "orders" Screen, and make sure "Dwarves Gather Food" is on. I think it defaults to off, for some reason.
That determines who plucks things from farms.  You can have only farmers do it, and notch up their farming skill slightly, or have anyone do it so that food gets plucked and stockpiled as soon as possible.  It has nothing to do with use or misuse of pots.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 10:40:27 pm »

So... pots are like quantum stockpiles?

Are they more or less impervious to vermin?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 08:01:11 am »

They can't hold unlimited, just a whole lot. When you can actually convince your dwarves to use them, that is.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 10:39:22 am »

Has anything else come of this thread and large pots?  I have a bunch of large stoneware pots, which aren't supposed to require glazing, sitting around in the kiln.  As far as I can tell none of them have been used for anything, nor have they been moved out of the kiln, which is irritating. 

A side note, I've noticed my dwarves using the clay as stone.  A couple of my dorfs have clay cabinets in their rooms.  I'm wondering how that works out for them since there was no indication that they were fired at any point during the creation.  Just big, sticky, gloppy cabinets.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 10:51:43 am »

Has anything else come of this thread and large pots?  I have a bunch of large stoneware pots, which aren't supposed to require glazing, sitting around in the kiln.  As far as I can tell none of them have been used for anything, nor have they been moved out of the kiln, which is irritating. 

A side note, I've noticed my dwarves using the clay as stone.  A couple of my dorfs have clay cabinets in their rooms.  I'm wondering how that works out for them since there was no indication that they were fired at any point during the creation.  Just big, sticky, gloppy cabinets.
Toady's fixed the masons using clay issue for the next version - http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
There's some other pot issues fixed as well, guess wait for .20 and see how it turns out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3