Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Top games of all time.  (Read 4872 times)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: Top games of all time.
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 01:21:21 pm »

Hoo! Voting!

Then again, I'm not sure I want DF to be on a "Greatest Games of All Time" list where Final Fantasy X is number 6...

EDIT:Did you have to create the DF page on there? Where did that picture come from?!
Hey, don't make me defend that game. I enjoyed it, even with the worlds worst voice acting.
I'd actually like to see it defended, that sounds hilarious. Besides that, Final Fantasy VII is above Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger on the list. CHRONO TRIGGER. Are you kidding me?

......Hey lavos! Get over here and look at this! *Lavos uses death rain*.

Seriously though? I mean seven is in no means a bad game but Chrono trigger managed to pull of a good plot about time travel. People have been failing for decades to do that!
Blargh.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 02:25:37 pm »

I can't find DF on this list for the life of me.
Are you looking for it on the list of best games?
To rate it up, you need to make an account, then edit your own "best games of all time" list and put it on top.

The actual DF page is right here:
http://www.unikgamer.com/games/dwarf-fortress-1873.html

Also, I got Lords of Magic, Crusader Kings, and King of Dragon Pass added this last night in case anyone wanted to add those to their own lists.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 09:09:37 am »

Chrono Trigger was great, too bad Square didn't think it was good enough to bother releasing it in the UK.

VII was a game changer for Square. Chrono Trigger was a great game, but what really made it great was that it was similar to Final Fantasy games without suffering from their notable flaws. VII was an epic game the likes of which the world had never seen. Granted, it had many flaws, but it affected the industry a lot more than Chrono Trigger did.

I don't know, maybe Chrono Trigger was a better game. More well-rounded. I think I prefer the FFVII universe though.

Anyway, I've decided that DF is the best game of all time, and wish to now vote for it.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

CharlesPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • My Dark Twisted Pretzel Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 09:23:51 am »

Before I voted it was at 125.
UU,.~U~,.\b,.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 12:52:22 pm »

119 now. Shouldnt be long before we can drag it out of the three digids.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Larry421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 10:31:08 am »

There is altogether far too much final fantasy on that list. Strange, I love Chrono Trigger to death but FF has never, ever done it for me. Maybe I'm just a teensy bit too old.

System Shock 2 at 85 makes me happy, Thief: The Dark Project at 227 makes me slightly less happy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]