Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Bronze [D&D 3.5, PbP]  (Read 8517 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bronze [D&D 3.5, PbP]
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2010, 12:02:22 pm »

"I fear they may come to catch us regardless, unless me move far enough away.  Their reach expands with every year, but there are further places yet."  Memet frowns.  "I think it folly, but if you can convince others of our tribe - leaders, other than the puppets Ruk places amongst us - I will follow their decision.  Tepet, another Elder and once a great warrior, would have favoured a fight in his youth but age and wisdom have perhaps taught him better.  Muryam, who lost her husband to the first fight and her son to their drafts, would support you - she craves vengeance.  Elema, the leader of the gathering parties, she certainly feels that attack would be foolish in the extreme.  I doubt she will support any sort of attack unless you can convince her of our ability to escape retribution.  Dakkan, the first hunter of our tribe, will almost certainly oppose you.  He has been vocal in his support of 'Ruk's New Way', and he has received more than his share from their plunder.  Enough to grow fat, even.  Finally, there is Torin, a youth and hunter.  He is looked up to by many of the youths too young to be recruited and is himself likely to be pulled soon for Ruk's army.  He hates them as we do, but Dakkan's words have begun to poison his mind.  I cannot say which way he would fall.

"If you can convince four of these five to follow your plan, I will give my assent.  Otherwise, you will do us a disservice by following through with this plan of yours."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2010, 12:07:31 pm »

"Then let us go. Can you secure a meet with Tepet? It will be best to get the words of another elder in this endeavor and I am sure he will hold weight with most of the others."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2010, 12:14:02 pm »

Memet nods and leads you to another tent, some distance from the rest.  An old man sits at a rough stool eating a thin broth from an earthenware bowl.  You notice his hands shake slightly with the spoon as he eats.  At first you think him fat, but realise that his saggy chest and arms are in truth ancient but still developed muscle.  The man looks up as you enter.

"What?  Memet, who are all these people?" he asks.

"Visitors, Tepet.  Not from Ruk.  I'll let them introduce themselves, but they say they have a plan."  Memet excuses herself and leaves you with the old man.  He continues to eat his soup, watching you and waiting for you to speak.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2010, 12:17:44 pm »

[OOC] Do we still have any meat left? [/OOC]

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2010, 12:19:20 pm »

[[Yyyes, you have two days' ration left I'll say.]]

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2010, 12:29:38 pm »

Jorn lays down all the food he is carrying at the feet of the elder and says:

"Oh great elder, I am sorry we can not greet you with a stag or other great beast as you deserve but time is short. Me and mine friends have traveled across the plain and found your camp, at first we wondered why you did not let nature renew and move on but know we see. You have a heavy hand laid upon you and it is squeezing you dry. We know that although your bravery is strong enough to cast them off but your arms are not. We propose to be your arm to cast them back to the place from where they came."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2010, 01:33:11 pm »

Tawe had been lingering quietly in the back of the group as Memet had led them through the settlement and to the Elder, using hand signals to keep Jala close to his side. When Jorn lay his rations before the old man, he took in a sharp breath as though to object, but bit back his words in understanding. When Jorn was finished, Tawe steps forward nervously, but with a steady voice.

"I am Tawe, trained by the great hunter Haruk, and though I am young I know well the ways of the land. It is plain to see that the lands here are near-barren, and if your people do not move on, it will surely not be able to provide for you. I have seen an Elder like yourself reduced to gathering weeds and scraps... something that my people would never have allowed to happen. If this is the 'New Way' promised by the men of Ruk, then you can see that it will only bring your people to ruin."

"In our home-" Tawe paused for a moment, his tone becoming more and more incensed, "...in our former home, this would never be allowed to stand. These men from Ruk are like blood-sucking worms, growing fat off the lives of you and your people, and poisoning their hearts. As I said, we are strong, and if these men of Ruk cannot be made to understand that your people will soon be bled dry, we can help free you from their hand, so that you may again migrate to healthier lands, as is natural."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2010, 06:12:35 pm »

Gwen waits for Ortholoc to speak next before introducing herself as the final member of the band.
"And I am Gwen, child of this tribe and of Brennus and Boudica.  I expected the warm welcome of my parents and find these jackals have stolen that from me.  I am only sorry that I was not here before, but now it is time for me to set things right.  I am ready to do whatever the tribe needs."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2010, 09:07:05 pm »

Otholac spoke between Tawe and Gwen, saying to the elder Tepet, "I am Otholac, a traveller from distant lands and a caller of spirits."

To puntucate his point, Otholac raises his hand into the air, speaks a strange word and drops a peice of wax onto the ground. As it falls, it begins to bubble and pop soundlesly. As it does so, the beating of a dozen drums ring forth from the empty air, only stopping as the wax ceases to bubble.

Ghost Sound, 30% chance of spell failure if you decide I'm still in my armour, 0% chance otherwise.

"I too, offer my aid in driving away this thief."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:47:58 am by Grek »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2010, 01:16:27 pm »

((Beep beep boop boop bump.))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2010, 02:10:49 pm »

[Perform]  Tepet frowns and starts to speak, but falters.  His eyes seem to grow distant at the sound of the drumming, as if returning to older, different times.  He remains there until the drumming ceases, then slowly shakes his head and looks back at the gathered party.

[Diplomacy]  "You are strange," he says, "to offer help to those not of your clan.  Except for you, of course, Gwen.  It does my heart good to see you again, though you have grown much since I last laid eyes upon you."  Tepet coughs and sips a bit of soup.  "You do seem to be strong warriors, though the willingness with which you meddle with the other side concerns me, Otholac."  Tepet frowns a little and shakes his head.  "But if your spirits are strong, your heads may be clouded.  There are many warriors who would come for us and you would not be able to defeat them."  He smiles slightly.  "Not without help, that is.  I may be able to aid you in winning over the support of some of the other tribesfolk - and you will need that support, for my word does not stretch far enough alone.  But it will take a task, and one that may take a day or more.  If you feel you have the time, then I will tell you, else you may accept my blessing and seek the aid of the others."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2010, 07:14:06 pm »

Gwen smiles when Tepet welcomes her by name.  "It does my heart good to hear your welcome." she murmurs in reply.  When he has speaken his spell, she nods confidently.  "I am sure that we can lend our strength to help the tribe, wise champion.  But let us know what the plan is, that we might prepare for it.  We were forced to set out with nothing more then what you see us carrying and may need to ready ourselves for the challenge you have in mind."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2010, 04:05:54 pm »

"I agree. Let us hear this task."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2010, 01:11:35 pm »

Thread is dead. Long live the thread.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2010, 11:00:20 pm »

Nice thread.  I'd like to see it dance!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]