Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: I really hate chess!  (Read 11846 times)

Slitherrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I really hate chess!
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2010, 11:57:58 am »

Quarto, Blokus, 3D Blokus, Cityscape, Twixt, Quoridor, Mancala, Master Labyrinth, ... I could go on and fill the page if I had the time. There are hundreds of nonluck-based games.

Connect 4, Tic Tac Toe, Othello, Chinese Checkers, Checkers...

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2010, 01:50:12 pm »

This all just gave me an idea... DWARVEN CHESS... Take a large chess-size area and fill with restraints, then put the dwarves in their place. When you want to move, unassign them in one spot to the one right next to them. Genius. Then if one gets "Killed" in chess, they get a swim in my lava pit. Or i could do this with goblin slaves...

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2010, 02:55:17 pm »

This all just gave me an idea... DWARVEN CHESS... Take a large chess-size area and fill with restraints, then put the dwarves in their place. When you want to move, unassign them in one spot to the one right next to them. Genius. Then if one gets "Killed" in chess, they get a swim in my lava pit. Or i could do this with goblin slaves...

Do it with both.  Have the goblins be one side, and the dwarves be the other side.  Then you don't need to set up a lava pit, just watch them fight each other when they get close.

Darragh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2010, 02:57:52 pm »

This gave me an idea for my fort that I posted in my fort projects thread.

I was thinking of doing a room 8x8, with alternating black and white tiles. A chessboard. I would put coffins in there, with peasants in the front row as pawns, knights and rooks would be dead warriors, the king and queen  being the main noble dudes (havent got to nobles yet so i dunno if it would work just like that), and maybe bishops being lesser nobles. Also I dont know how the flooring bit would work but I'm sure theres a way,right? It'd be like marble and obsidian or something...

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2010, 03:15:26 pm »

somthing like that already exists... its called thud.. from the pratchett discworld novels

http://www.thudgame.com/node

and.. how many go players are around here :D

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2010, 03:18:56 pm »

Do it with both.  Have the goblins be one side, and the dwarves be the other side.  Then you don't need to set up a lava pit, just watch them fight each other when they get close.

Now theres a good idea...  Or I can capture wild animals for one side and tame dogs on the other... Funner that way

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2010, 04:22:06 pm »

Quarto, Blokus, 3D Blokus, Cityscape, Twixt, Quoridor, Mancala, Master Labyrinth, ... I could go on and fill the page if I had the time. There are hundreds of nonluck-based games.

Connect 4, Tic Tac Toe, Othello, Chinese Checkers, Checkers...

Fish Eat Fish, Cathedral, Pente, Tsuro, Roads and Boats...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2010, 10:26:40 pm »

This thread needs to die. NOW. or else I shall send my army of mandrils and bears to raid your booze!

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2010, 11:33:12 am »

somthing like that already exists... its called thud.. from the pratchett discworld novels

http://www.thudgame.com/node

and.. how many go players are around here :D

I already mentioned Thud!
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2010, 01:38:29 pm »

Just be glad you don't have to play this version.

Actually, that might be fun. I dunno. ;o_o
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]