Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: if you had only one...  (Read 1881 times)

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: if you had only one...
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 06:15:51 pm »

Most of my giant constructions are green glass or obsidian, since those two can be made in infinite quantity, though since I started playing with Dig Deeper and its relentless orcs, crucible steel is a fun option. "We have been besieged by orcs for many years now, and in memory of those who fell defending the fortress, we have built a monument out of the armor and weaponry of their enemies, and baptised it in the blood of orcs and goblins."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:17:17 pm by darthbob88 »

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 06:20:00 pm »

I was using green glass for a small tower but the color's annoying me, and I can hack any block I want by reaction mods.
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 06:25:44 pm »

There are several colors of diamond if you wanted to go that route.  You could also just plain mod in "purple diamonds" and "sky blue diamonds" or whatever other colors, since you're only going to be making this all from modded-in reactions, anyway.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 06:28:09 pm »

I could, but that would require a new world, and I've got one already that I'm working on (in which I intend to place this megaconstruct). Theoretically I could start a new one, but when you play on a windows 98 comp with 55 frames per minute (MINUTE), it takes a while to get to the second spring.
Perhaps I should use diamonds. That would be interesting.
At 55 frames per minute.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 06:44:03 pm »

If you don't want to gen another world, all you have to do is change an already existing gemstone to become the new kinds of diamonds.

Who's going to miss sunstones or lavender jade or bone opals or white jaspers or jasper opals, anyway? 

... Although I still think making your entire tower out of radioactive materials is seriously dwarvenly The Amazing X-Dwarvenly.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 06:50:35 pm »

I'm probably going to use a microcline-cobaltite-pitchblende color scheme with hints of kimberlite. Diamond is not to my taste.
Time for some reaction mods!
At 55 frames per minute.
Pages: 1 2 [3]