Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: New FPS Games in the works... Want YOUR ideas.  (Read 9799 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: New FPS Games in the works... Want YOUR ideas.
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2010, 06:30:39 am »

I'm guessing you missed my medic suggestion?  But then guess its easy to miss since it was right before MrWiggles post...

@Healing...  with the tons of weapons each doing different types of damage you guys have...  why not allow 2 kinds of medic load-outs...  the easy generic one and a harder but more effective if used right one?

For example, easy medic works like normal, patch X guy wounds he gets healed X amount.  Simple enough.  Don't have to worry about thinking any harder, patch and go.

Hard medic, is a bit more involved... you have kinetic/bullet, fire/burn, internal/getting stuck in... who knows what else. 
Kinetic/bullets pierce and go straight through Shot-up.  Hard medic could visually see this on Shot-up(maybe with a lil icon help[can turn off]) and quickly takes out bandages or something and uses on Shot-up. 
Shot-up gets healed X... +50% or some other sort of bonus to aim stability or run speed.  (Reward for doing it right, you give your teammate a temp buff.)

Fire/burn, flamethrower or laser, it gives Shot-up burns.  Hard medic sees a crispy looking Shot-up and takes out some sort of ointment or something and uses it on Shot-up.
And so on.... same as above.

If Hard Medic messes up and applies the wrong thing, he either only heals the normal X amount or does less X-20% amount or some such.

Could simply make hard medic and easy medic the same...  give the player the option to go for buff healing or normal healing.

Like a semi-commander role.  Everyone would want a hard medic supporting their arse.  And want the enemy hard medic staying dead.  :P

Hah quoting myself.  Classy.

Haha, I've read it, I guess I just missed to mention it.

I think a "health bar" may be a bad idea, especially with how most new games are going, but it does have it's advantages and its place. I'll see if we can come up with something that everyone in the group agrees on. Your idea is note worthy.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2010, 07:02:52 am »

Well however you do health.  Basically the medic just patches you up....  unless you have people dying realistically/easily.  Then their would be little point in medics... especially since I remember you mentioning that you guys want life to regen quickly...  or was that somewhere else?

Well, if you allow medics to bring back the near dead....  shot and downed, but not dead yet...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2010, 02:58:58 pm »

If anything it'd be handled more resembling Gears of War for health. Player 2 falls, player 1 runs over to "help". That or the MW2 approach of (while you have... last stand?) if you live long enough you are able to get back in the fight. It's debatable, I have a meeting today that I'm going to try and go to... not feeling well.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2010, 03:00:49 pm »

Dick Tracy style private eye theme?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2010, 06:05:58 pm »

Why is everyone so obsessed with antimatter weaponry? I know, it sounds cool, but it doesnt really works that way. Antimatter costs craptons of energy to produce, not mentioning how much supporting hardware it needs to be stored. Now, I'm sure pretty much everyone here know "E=mc^2" formula. How does it relates to this? well, let's do a little bit of fun math.
E - amount of energy that would be released
m - mass.
c - speed of light.
One gram of antimatter plus one gram of matter - E = 0.002 x 300000000 x 300000000
That's 180000000000000 joules, which equals to roughly 36 kilotons. Do You really think such amounts can be used in personal weaponry? Do You realise how much energy it would take to create one single gram of antimatter? That's 10^23 particles.

Its pretty impractical, but really really cool. The only practical things about an antimatter weapon that I can think of are the ability to adjust the energy of your shots and a near infinite ammo source (assuming you can contain it). Actually that sounds really practical as a personal weapon.... assuming you can easily make, contain and launch antimatter, which we definately can't atm.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2010, 06:08:14 pm »

For some weapons, you could make them "Heavy weapons", where you need to set them on the ground, or even need two people to use. This gives the game a more tactical feel, and help balance some of the more powerful (unless there's power armor involved, they they can use it like a regular weapon.)

As with the anti-mater weapon, it can always be handwaved that the aliens made it, and was stole by the humans. That would also explain the rarity.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2010, 08:40:09 pm »

Any ideas suggested before this point are acceptable, but I can no longer keep this up for discussion for a few reasons.

I'm sorry to have to do this, but I have to lock the topic.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]