Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: New FPS Games in the works... Want YOUR ideas.  (Read 9790 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
New FPS Games in the works... Want YOUR ideas.
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:40:06 pm »

Okay, first this isn't going to be a mod, it's going to be an actual release. Got myself a new job, so I wanted to get some outside ideas in before certain paperwork is signed and I become severely limited.

It's an FPS.

I'm going to a meeting tomorrow and want to throw in some ideas of what turn the game should take, that people want to see.

The current idea is more or less another Call of Duty game.

I personally think it's not original and needs a lot more work to really be worth something and to compete with COD.

It is not going to have zombies.

Throw in ideas now! Any and all are welcome, please be serious.

***Must be year 2012 or further in the future... (They want aliens...)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:24:10 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: New FPS Games in the works... Want YOUR ideas.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:10:39 pm »

No one's going to pitch anything?  Okay, I'll bite.

You're welcome to my hopeless Wehrmacht idea.  Another WWII shooter, but for a change, you're a soldier of Germany, sent into an initially triumphant but then increasingly hopeless campaign against the Russian juggernaut.  Lots of opportunities for squad-based, open-ended combat or linear missions, historically accurate progression of difficulty and pacing, both storming through giant masses of crappy foes and holding off unending waves of crappy foes, and the built-in controversy that marketing departments love.

Good luck man.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:17:19 pm »

I was going to suggest a steampunk theme, but when the chance to make another WWII game comes up, most video game companies seem to drone out any other ideas.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:21:45 pm »

An FPS where you're a marine on an airship?

I'm fucking sold.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:23:30 pm »

Okay, let's go this route... year 2012 or further in the future.

They don't want to do a "past" game.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:27 pm »

Wars on Mars already got played out with Red Faction.

There was an idea I pitched for a shitstorm "peacekeeping" Iraq-style mission in a civil war wracked 2035 Indonesia, but that one might be too intensive and cerebral, and probably not very much fun.

Future themed FPS...  If you could do enough with free-form three dimensional movement, maybe a "realistic" take on the Space Marine concept, i.e. a soldier who boards and fights on near-future space stations and such.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 09:29:24 pm »

Now-Before I start, this isn't going to be a spore remake, but a game i'd like to see is a game that meets the intentions of spore. Since this is not EA making the game i'm pretty sure this won't devolve into an argument.

Allow yourself to actually be yourself-Your one person. You can walk around your colonies(Game will be set in space hopefully)and board enemy ships, etc. etc. All of the possibilities. 2150. 46 years since 'Delir'.

Delir was a event in wich a thousand people at a political speaking on Mars were possessed, and spoke a prophecy. It was recorded by recorders, video cameras, etc. and now it comes to fruition. They spoke in a riddley-way that the sun was going to supernova, and in the storys timeline it does. It happens at the beginning of the game, after the tutorial.

Then you fight for the rest of the campaign to get to the different planets and finally out of the solar system, in wich afterwards your free to colonize etc. You could also make and rebuild the old planets.

The supernova was a very weak one, so most of the planets survived, 'cept for pluto and all the gas giants/moons. All planets are barren now though. You survived it in a bunker, from birth, and you finally set out once you reach adulthood. Killing aliens throughout pretty much ALL of the game.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 09:33:37 pm »

'Except for pluto.'

Not a planet. Also, if most of the planets survived, pluto would too, the useless ball of rock that it is.

And the millions of miles it is from the sun.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 09:35:09 pm »

Hitler with time machine? One of Hitler's grandkids/nephews/oddball relation invents a time machine, plucks his forebearer away right before he suicides, and starts up a new world order with mechs and such. Could even do it interstellar with Hitler having taken over the planet, and is now coming for the colonies.

Big question though. End boss Giant super mecha hitler or Hitler with super powered wheelchair?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 09:37:49 pm »

How would you all feel about a cliffhanger ending or "halo" ending?

I believe time manipulation is out of the question, same with super powers.

I like the steampunk idea.

@x2yzh9, it's a decent idea, but I'd like to avoid any "spore-like" environments.

I also don't know if they'd be up for space flight, but for action on a space ship like Dead Space, might be acceptable.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:17 pm »

You could be a futuristic nazi-esque group of humans that controls the world and is fighting against aliens. (like gears of war, but you aren't invading the alien's planet... or maybe you are). Blue LED space combat helmets mandatory. Or the aliens could be nazi-esque I guess, but thats less cool. Keep the rpg mechanics of COD and possibly find a way to get them into single player. Marathon + lightweight + commado + nazi = crazy teleporting knife hitler.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 09:46:23 pm »

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a good(or any) steampunk FPS games.
That might be a good way to go, at least it hasn't been done to death.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 09:47:10 pm »

Just dump the Nazi stuff altogether.

The Steampunk thing has its possibilities, although I don't see how you can combine "futuristic" with "steampunk".  Not that that has any bearing on game mechanics.  Maybe an airship crewman beset by air-pirates, which spins out into some meandering tale of international intrigue and brightly-uniformed war.

How would you all feel about a cliffhanger ending or "halo" ending?

I thought the "open ending that's not a cliffhanger but leaves room for a sequel without promising one" was the standard ending for all games and media now?  As a first title, of course you leave room for a followup.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 09:51:08 pm »

There's a danger, if you go down the steampunk route, of people (the internets) shouting that you're ripping off Bioshock.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 09:52:30 pm »

Well, someone is always going to accuse you of ripping off something.  As long as it doesn't have anything to do with a water-soaked romp through The Fountainhead, I don't think the connection will be taken seriously.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10